Injury Report: 11/18 Hertl leaves road trip; 11/21 to IR

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Kurz must be fuming. It seems like the Sharks fed him bad information then publically took a dump on him. I kinda feel bad for him if this is the case.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Maybe the exact quote was, well we aren't sure. To be safe I'm gonna say mid februrary.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Although in fairness to Kevin there does seem to be a contradiction between what DeBoer and Hertl said. DeBoer seems to suggest that unless there's a setback he won't be out until mid-Feb while Hertl says everything has to go right for him to be back sooner than that. So who knows.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Although in fairness to Kevin there does seem to be a contradiction between what DeBoer and Hertl said. DeBoer seems to suggest that unless there's a setback he won't be out until mid-Feb while Hertl says everything has to go right for him to be back sooner than that. So who knows.

Why would Hertl laugh at the mid to late Feb return if it was accurate? I do not think you are interpreting that correctly.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Probably what happened, but the way that tweet was worded was hilarious.

Nah, I was just playing off Phu's comment. I think it was probably worded correctly and he did have a laugh cuz he expects to be back much sooner.

Personally, I'm crying tears of joy if that's the case.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Fearthefin article on Hertl coming back: http://www.fearthefin.com/2017/1/22/14351014/tomas-hertl-is-skating-taking-contact-in-practice

According to them, Hertl has been taking contact in practice, and is now "very close" to returning. Their guess for the forward lineup when Meier and Hertl are both back:

Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski
Labanc - Couture - Donskoi
Meier - Hertl - Ward
Karlsson - Tierney - Boedker

Personally, I'd rather swap Ward and Boedker in that setup, but still looks pretty damn awesome. Regardless, it's great news that Hertl's back soon.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Omg Gackle!!!
:laugh: :laugh:

Paul Gackle ‏@GackleReport
I'm assuming this isn't the same source who told that Hertl wouldn't be back until mid-Feb? Getting hard to trust
In response to kurz

Kevin Kurz
Kevin Kurz – Verified account ‏@KKurzCSN

Very, very good chance Tomas Hertl returns to #SJSharks lineup on Thursday against #Oilers, I’m told

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Gackle blocked me in twitter back in October because I said that Haley was totally going to be a regular player, not just do spot duty in Ducks/Kings games like Gackle insisted.

haha...

I don't have a twitter account. I'm an IT network architect, and I don't use twitter. Or facebook...

I feel like I am turning into my grandpa or something...

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
haha...

I don't have a twitter account. I'm an IT network architect, and I don't use twitter. Or facebook...

I feel like I am turning into my grandpa or something...

It's worth it if you like real-time news (Twitter is better for it, IMO) but does require that you have a good lens. Lots of noise out there.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don't have a twitter. I do see tweets everywhere i go, though, including here.

I already spend way too much time on here, don't need anymore time-sucking sites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad