Injury Report: 11/18 Hertl leaves road trip; 11/21 to IR

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I was actually joking the other day about a Pacioretty for Vlasic trade to bring them back to their respective towns, but nope. The team needs Vlasic a lot more.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Habs fan coming in peace. I know Hertl is injured and that you guys are looking for more offense (and someone to fill in for Hertl at the moment), and MTL could use a top-LHD to pair with Weber, so I wanted to know if you guys would be in favor of this trade: Pacioretty + Beaulieu + 2nd 2017 for Vlasic + Boedker (1.25m retained)?

No interest. Our defense is our strength and we've allowed the least amount of goals in the league . Vlasic and Braun are the best shutdown pairing in the league. The hole we have on offense is tiny compared to the giant gaping hole we'd open on defense if we traded Vlasic.

You'd basically have to start with Galchenyuk and hope for the best.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
No interest. Our defense is our strength and we've allowed the least amount of goals in the league . Vlasic and Braun are the best shutdown pairing in the league. The hole we have on offense is tiny compared to the giant gaping hole we'd open on defense if we traded Vlasic.

You'd basically have to start with Galchenyuk and hope for the best.

No worries, I completely understand. Big Sharks fan (my 2nd team after MTL). Hoping all the best for the Sharks this season. Cheers!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
No worries, I completely understand. Big Sharks fan (my 2nd team after MTL). Hoping all the best for the Sharks this season. Cheers!

I think there could be a deal to be had between the Sharks and Habs, but for obvious reasons names such as: Galchenyuk, Vlasic, Price, Couture, etc. just shouldn't be involved. Maybe a minor deal involving players like: Wingels, Dillon, Beaulieu, etc. is more realistic.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Habs fan coming in peace. I know Hertl is injured and that you guys are looking for more offense (and someone to fill in for Hertl at the moment), and MTL could use a top-LHD to pair with Weber, so I wanted to know if you guys would be in favor of this trade: Pacioretty + Beaulieu + 2nd 2017 for Vlasic + Boedker (1.25m retained)?

If you want Vlasic, Sergachev must be coming back. We have absolutely nothing in the system after Vlasic that is or has the potential to be a top-pairing LHD.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The fact that Hertl has missed significant time this often this early in his career is highly alarming.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
The fact that Hertl has missed significant time this often this early in his career is highly alarming.

He just played 81 and 82 games respectively the season before this one. I don't get what you mean.

An ACL is nothing to mess around with. It'll almost always have lingering issues.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Before this season Hertl played 185 of 191 possible games (granted one of the injuries was a 2-month-long recovery at the end of the season) since the beginning of the 2014-2015 season. The only concerning factor of his injuries is that it appears to be the same knee all 3 times.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Jeez, folks on this site delight in arguing just to argue. The issue is not the number of games missed but the number of injuries, the recovery time, AND the cumulative impact of this knee damage on his future potential. He was hurt by Brown which required surgery on his right knee, hurt his right knee in the playoffs and was not healthy enough to play in the world cup (after ~3 months of recovery time), and then hurt his right knee relatively early in this season a third time which again required surgery. If folks do not think these injuries - coupled with the lack of offseason work in comparison to the uninjured competition - may to limit his longer-term potential, they are fooling themselves.

Last edited:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Jeez, folks on this site delight in arguing just to argue. The issue is not the number of games missed but the number of injuries, the recovery time, AND the cumulative impact of this knee damage on his future potential. He was hurt during by Brown which required surgery on his right knee, hurt his right knee in the playoffs and was not healthy enough to play in the world cup (after ~3 months of recovery time), and then hurt his right knee relatively early in this season a third time which again required surgery. If folks do not think these injuries - coupled with the lack of offseason work in comparison to the uninjured competition - may to limit his longer-term potential, they are fooling themselves.

No one is saying that. I'm just not at the point where I am "highly alarmed" about his missed playing time yet.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Hertl came out towards end of practice and skated long after the rest of the team was in locker room. Worked with Boughner on skating drills with shooting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad