Post-Game Talk: 11/16/17 | VGK 5 @ Canucks 2

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Really? I expect nothing out of Eriksson, because that is what he usually produces. Nothing.
Last years Louie ..I would agree,and I wasn't expecting much this season either...However,I've seen a really good hockey player the last two games,who has had a bushel full of chances to score...He seems to have reignited the Sedin line...(which sucks for Virtanen,who started to have less impact after a good start).

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
So...admitting that they are hindering Virtanen's development. Great. I would also disagree with what was said because in this case there are others who should be sitting instead of him. The problem is one signed a 3 yr/$9.3 mil deal in the summer.

Hey but at least we got out in the open that this isn't about development but rather an attempt to squeak into the playoffs.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Not concerned about Virtanen.... he's far and away better this year and since Green has been around then since he began with the Canucks.

People are so concerned with him sitting? It's an 82 game season, if he plays 50-60 this year in the NHL he's still doing pretty well. There is also finally some competition for spots... that benefits the entire team and puts us in a better position for the trade deadline...

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Legace is not a good goalie. Not hesitate fault, he was thrust into this situation, but he's an AHL (autocorrected to ANAL lol I'm 12) backup and I think the Canucks take advantage. 7-4 Vancouver. Bo line kills em

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
So...admitting that they are hindering Virtanen's development. Great. I would also disagree with what was said because in this case there are others who should be sitting instead of him. The problem is one signed a 3 yr/$9.3 mil deal in the summer.

Hey but at least we got out in the open that this isn't about development but rather an attempt to squeak into the playoffs.

i think they are keeping him around for a few games to see if circumstance mean he gets a shot, but the countdown to utica is underway.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Boeser second career hat trick coming up.
giphy.gif

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not concerned about Virtanen.... he's far and away better this year and since Green has been around then since he began with the Canucks.

People are so concerned with him sitting? It's an 82 game season, if he plays 50-60 this year in the NHL he's still doing pretty well. There is also finally some competition for spots... that benefits the entire team and puts us in a better position for the trade deadline...
I would hope that it's not just Jake, gaunce, and burm that are in the sit out rotation.

Haven't seen enough out of gagner to keep him there all year. Same with vanek.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
They are 1 point behind Vegas. Ahl goalie in net... the Canucks ( if they are a playoff threat) need to lay the boot to Vegas tonight.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The virtanen thing is not that shocking if you actually knew the stuff he does outside of the rink, trust me.

He needs to figure it out.

As for the game tonight, it should be a high scoring game, I hope we can somehow pull this one out.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The virtanen thing is not that shocking if you actually knew the stuff he does outside of the rink, trust me.

He needs to figure it out.

As for the game tonight, it should be a high scoring game, I hope we can somehow pull this one out.

Pretty sure 99% of this board is aware of the rumors/stories of what he partakes in and his reported character in HS etc..

But I don't understand why he's still in this organization if they were against the way he acts off the ice.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Much like Vancouver.. the Knights have some underrated depth to their lineup..
(Outside of goaltending of course.. Our #4 would be Bachman..)

They have the best sniper in this game.. and their D is way more offensive than ours.

Just gotta hope their faith in their systems is wavering a bit due to a lack of confidence in their goaltending.

Same ol' same ol'... Special teams... and goaltending for the win.

Wonder if Sbisa is still hurt.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Last years Louie ..I would agree,and I wasn't expecting much this season either...However,I've seen a really good hockey player the last two games,who has had a bushel full of chances to score...He seems to have reignited the Sedin line...(which sucks for Virtanen,who started to have less impact after a good start).

Eriksson had chances last year, he just never buries them.

I am less impressed than you and even less impressed by the double standards. Virtanen was not the worst forward by any stretch and could do more with more than 8 minutes a game. Why do Gagner, Eriksson, Granlund, Vanek, Gaunce not sit in games when they don't score, dont hit, do little?

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Brutal, so sick of it.

This team will not make the playoffs and these mediocre veterans will not change that outlook any time soon.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
i think they are keeping him around for a few games to see if circumstance mean he gets a shot, but the countdown to utica is underway.

I hope the empty seats at Rogers multiply.

Who really wants to watch a collection of soft, slow, mediocre veterans who are not good enough to win anything.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad