Post-Game Talk: 11/14/17 | Canucks 3 @ Kings 2

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I liked Gaunce's game after his first penalty.

Some key blocks
set up sutter for the breakaway.
Even shot differential.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I hear ya. The bolts are a powerhouse in the East.
They are my odds on fav for the cup.

For sure but a best of 7 anything can happen.

Boeser will win us game 1 with a hattrick
Bo will shut it down in game 3 and score the OT goal
Game 5 the Sedins revisit 2011 and have a redemption arc with 2 goals each
Game 7 Derek Dorsett will do what he does best, score his playoff leading and cup clinching 16th goal

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Gotta give props to D Poo. He is looking far better than I, and most, expected.

Way to go D Poo!

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
For sure but a best of 7 anything can happen.

Boeser will win us game 1 with a hattrick
Bo will shut it down in game 3 and score the OT goal
Game 5 the Sedins revisit 2011 and have a redemption arc with 2 goals each
Game 7 Derek Dorsett will do what he does best, score his playoff leading and cup clinching 16th goal
Drinks on me if you're right! I'd happily pay!

Reactions: Nomobo

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
'Poo-a-lot"

1x09-Mr-Hankey-the-Christmas-Poo-south-park-18899076-500-375.jpg

a-lot2.png
Winner winner, poo a lot dinner!

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
And the Sedins come alive. Maybe its best to let them spend the first 5 minutes on the bench. Crazy game given the first 10 minutes when the Canucks could have been down by 5 or 6 but then take over the game. LA off that performance isn't going far.

Good

Sedins - showed some of the old time telepathy in this one. Made the PP look like it was actually good. Even performed a more difficult feat by making Eriksson seem pretty good. Have to admit this was Eriksson best game in ... well... forever.

Nilsson - after truly pathetic start became a stone wall. Great job of battling away on all the down low stuff in his crease. Also have to say, however, that the LA got the same problem in terms of finish that we have.

Horvat - getting harder and harder to bounce Bo off the puck. Really establish his position on his gola. Line was good.

Gudbranson - not without some brain farts but did an important job on the OK. Nothing pretty but against the size of LA was needed and was effective

Dorsett - helped wake team up and was very good defensively. Give some kudos to Sutter as well in that department

Not So Good

Edler - did some good but generally looked extremely slow. Don't remember him being this slow so maybe still nursing an injury. Right now is probably the most error prone guy on the back end

Granlund - here and there makes some decent plays but overall is struggling. Needs to have c some speed but right now appears to have little.

Others

Pouliot - keeping things simple but always seems in position to make a play. Like his play around his net much better than when I saw him in the AHL. Think he is in your top 6 ATM even with every one back. Might be better than Hutton (who was very poor on the second goal). Pouliot is staying on the plus side through some mediocre periods of hockey by the team.

Gaunce - didn't really like his icing at the end but good to see Green is giving him a chance in that situation. To me, Gaunce is just a body and lacks any type of high level skill. Best aspect is that he thinks the game and is responsible. When you compare Virtanen and Gaunce, you could say one has the mind to make the play good hockey but probably not the natural physical ability while the other has the a the natural physical ability to play good hockey but not the mind. Case of choosing your poison.

Boeser - maybe the best Canuck in the early going but faded late. Something of a pattern.

Gagner - kind of game where you wondered whether he actually played

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Nice to see the boys dig in and grind out a comeback.

Report Card
B
Henrik Sedin- 1g 1a. Some really nice play's. Competed hard
Bo Horvat - strong game that got better as things went on.
Loui Eriksson - one of his best games as a Canuck. A bounce or 2 and he has a big night. Skated miles.
Ben Hutton - played within himself, sound defensively and moved the puck well.
C+
Sven Baertschi - GWG and some spirited play.
Daniel Sedin - moved the puck nicely and had jump.
Brock Boeser- lots of compete. Rocket shot on Horvats pp goal. Not sure why this alignment took so long.
Derrick Pouliot- 2 assists and solid outlets again. Still a little choppy in his own zone at times.
Eric Gudbranson- best game in a while. Skated well and puck distribution was decent.
Brandon Sutter- should have probably had a goal but did his job and ate up 20min.
Derek Dorsett- another strong game. Rallied the troops and played stiff.
Brendan Gaunce - best game I can remember. Made a couple nice deft passes...maybe the fridge does have some hands?
Anders Nilsson - bad goal by Pearson otherwise solid.
C
Alex Edler - played stiff and made a few too many poor reads and plays going forward. Was good defensively for the most part.
Thomas Vanek- sick pass to Baertschi and almost scored earlier on the PP. So slow otherwise
Sam Gagner - had a few flashes. Mostly pushed out of the play.
C-
Michael Del Zotto- worst game to date...way too many turnovers and missed passes. Struggled
Markus Granlund- Lost in the shuffle right now. Needs to define himself in some way...would be my presser for Jake next game.
Alex Biega- looked a little weak in this one

Reactions: Ozone

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
They looked absolutely dreadful though
Still can’t believe we got Baertschi for pretty much nothing.

Same with Granlund
Trying to remember which Van fan I made a bet with that your team would finish with more than 80 pts in the summer. Although your team has no superstar on it it has a solid collection of players who can produce and trending up in their career. I called Canucks to be a bubble team in summer and still stand by it . The team will go thru stretches of losses but good stretches of wins as well . As far as Granlund and Baertschi are concerned why you never give up player with high skill level for futures or lower skill at a young age . As a Oil king fan watching Baertschi against them in whl finalI knew this kid was going to be a solid NHL player .

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Still can’t believe we got Baertschi for pretty much nothing.

Same with Granlund

I've been arguably Baertschi's biggest supporter here the past few years through thick and thin, but Rasmus Andersson definitely isn't nothing and I think both sides are quite content with the trade.

Granlund is marginal and I doubt Flames fans are losing sleep over dumping him either, even if that was a minor win for our team.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I've been arguably Baertschi's biggest supporter here the past few years through thick and thin, but Rasmus Andersson definitely isn't nothing and I think both sides are quite content with the trade.

Granlund is marginal and I doubt Flames fans are losing sleep over dumping him either, even if that was a minor win for our team.

Good thing we never traded him for Baertchi then. ;)

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Need to see something on special teams.

Need Nilsson to not let in a leaky goal in the first 5 minutes... ok, I'll downgrade my expectation to first minute.
(i'm souring on Markstrom)
Jesus Christ Nilsson...

I don't like our goalies. Heh..

Special teams.. 1 for them, 2 for us.. WIN.

Sedins look like they ain't accepting their 3rd/4th line designation.
Erikisson looks solid.

Did not like Biega, Boeser, Gagner... Del Zotto been much better..

Want to see Virtanen in for Gaunce... easily. People love to talk about "replacement players".. he defines it...

GOALIES NEED TO STOP SHOTS IN THE FIRST MINUTES OF THE GAME!!!

I think I really like the Sedin-Sedin-Horvat-Boeser-DmamIcan'trecall Power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad