Post-Game Talk: #11 - 11/05/21 | RANGERS @ oilers | 9:30 - MSG PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
That statement had nothing to do with Laf or Kakko.

but I still have hope Laf can turn into a Draisaitl type player

. I know that I think you misunderstood. I wasn’t referring to that specific statement but I’ve heard many on here say that

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
Im not exactly sure why they signed Nemeth.

I agree. I watched Nemeth many times here in Colorado. Colorado got rid of him twice for a reason.

They picked him up for the Cup Run last year and he got burned many times. as a #7D.

I tried to debate some fellow Rangers fans on his acquisition. They kept telling me how good he was. I bet most of those people never saw him play.

He is OK, but sure to disappoint when it counts.

Reactions: NikC

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
McDavid is a generational talent so a lot of that is luck not only to win the lottery but in a year when a special player of his caliber comes along. I still think our fans need to be a bit patient with Laf and Kakko and not get all bent out of shape because they aren’t setting the world in fire right away
This argument has been had ad nauseam here already, but there is a huge difference between “setting the world on fire” and doing absolutely nothing. People are not being impatient by expecting Kakko to be, hell, a 0.5PPG player in his third season. The kid has ZERO points and he looks absolutely defeated.

Extenuating circumstances? Sure. But why would anyone assume that this isn’t something to be concerned about long term?

If you had to bet your life savings, would you put the money on these two becoming elite (non generational) first liners or middle sixers? If the former, what are you basing that on other than draft position and pre draft hype/performance?

FWIW, I have never wanted to be wrong about something more than I want to be wrong about this.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

NYRangers16

Oct 23, 2010
Hell's Kitchen
I said this and they closed my thread bc the tears from the apologists nearly shut the server down.

You wouldn’t be the first one posting unpopular opinions lol.

PS re: Gallant - if that’s your response after such a bad loss then ugh. The fans deserve a legit answer. Though I do love how pissed he was but maybe don’t be pissed at the media or questions… be pissed at yourself and your players.

Btw, where is Kravtsov? This team needs his fire more than Drury’s calm or Gallant’s deflections.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
f***in embarrassing coach
It's not talked about but keeping PP1 on the ice, when it was 4-1, and they looked drunk for the first 45 seconds, is mind numbing. They then stayed out there for around 1:40 of the PP....

That was the turning point of the game. EDM built a lot of momentum from PP1's ineptness

It's still early, but it feels like Quinn is still here with certain aspects.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
This argument has been had ad nauseam here already, but there is a huge difference between “setting the world on fire” and doing absolutely nothing. People are not being impatient by expecting Kakko to be, hell, a 0.5PPG player in his third season. The kid has ZERO points and he looks absolutely defeated.

Extenuating circumstances? Sure. But why would anyone assume that this isn’t something to be concerned about long term?

If you had to bet your life savings, would you put the money on these two becoming elite (non generational) first liners or middle sixers? If the former, what are you basing that on other than draft position and pre draft hype/performance?
Agree to disagree. I dint he had done “nothing”. He has shown good things and but is still getting used to the pro game. He has some nice goals just needs to that nice stretch which I think is coming soon

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
I agree. I watched Nemeth many times here in Colorado. Colorado got rid of him twice for a reason.

They picked him up for the Cup Run last year and he got burned many times. as a #7D.

I tried to debate some fellow Rangers fans on his acquisition. They kept telling me how good he was. I bet most of those people never saw him play.

He is OK, but sure to disappoint when it counts.

when it counts...

All this org. does is draft defenseman... and we keep signing these players...

something stinks

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
You wouldn’t be the first one posting unpopular opinions lol.

PS re: Gallant - if that’s your response after such a bad loss then ugh. The fans deserve a legit answer. Though I do love how pissed he was but maybe don’t be pissed at the media or questions… be pissed at yourself and your players.

Btw, where is Kravtsov? This team needs his fire more than Drury’s calm or Gallant’s deflections.
Busy scoring 2 goals & 1 assist in his first KHL game of the season

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Imagine having players of McDavid and Draisaitl stature on this team....

What impressed me about Edmonton, is they played with an urgency and they are always attacking. They didn't mope at 4-1. I don't think they are good enough to win in the playoffs but they are pure excitement. Who knows, maybe their offense is good enough... They can be the STL Rams... the greatest show on turf

well then, they won their SC last night, because that org, doesn't look past games like last night. their fans have joined them it seems.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Which way did McDavid go?

RANGERS.png

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Here’s the real takeaway from last night;

The Rangers are never getting off the mat at 4-1 down and winning a game 6-5.

Btw what happened to the Rangers hitting game ? It completely evaporated and we turned into a Tom poti stick poking clinic .

The amount of missed stick checks was absolutely alarming.

i thought the same thing too? we brought physical players in for what? only to get tough when the jackass Wilson, Martin, takes a run at our players? If that's the case, then the rangers responded the following game against Washington last season, and it ends there.

we didn't have to trade a 50p for a 4th liner. Where's Reaves? he's hurt? already?!

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Honestly, my biggest takeaway from last night is that the sooner Hunt is out of the lineup and Reaves is back in, the better.

And, can we stop lazy stick-checking superstars, please? Part of this "get tough" movement should be checking these guys instead of getting undressed by them.
Hunt is not the problem. McKegg, maybe.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Let me know when he comes close to doing this in the NHL.
He’s done it over 5 times in the NHL. Once was his very first shift after scoring his first NHL goal against New Jersey. We would’ve seen him do it many more times in the NHL by now if we gave him a roster spot over some scrubs and other prospects who look nowhere near his level

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm amazed at how much we panic with the puck in our own zone. There's still no 'structure' in getting the puck out. There's still limited to no puck support. Once again, a lot of that comes to our centers. They just aren't good enough. Playing center is a lot more than putting up points and offense.

Is it time to try
KAM Fox
Lindgren Trouba
to help mitigate the puck moving issues?

lost in all of this, Lundkvist had his best game as a Ranger and Chytil had his best game of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I'm amazed at how much we panic with the puck in our own zone. There's still no 'structure' in getting the puck out. There's still limited to no puck support. Once again, a lot of that comes to our centers. They just aren't good enough. Playing center is a lot more than putting up points and offense.

Is it time to try
KAM Fox
Lindgren Trouba
?

lost in all of this, Lundkvist had his best game as a Ranger and Chytil had his best game of the season.

You could see them get absolutely flustered in their own zone. Some really ugly sequences that led to goals. A lot of passes Edmonton made were unreal too. These soft passes that led to really dangerous chances. We don’t do anything like that.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think a lot of you are right on the points you're making about where to play Kakko and Georgiev's struggles.

1) It's clear as day that Kakko doesn't fit with Panarin and Strome. He doesn't fit the identity of a Strome cover forward (Goodrow/Fast) or a designated play finisher (Kravtsov). Just doesn't work. He needs to be with a group where he can cycle and use his strength on the boards.

2) Chytil seems to work best on a north-south line with the grinders. I think that's an interesting little data point to consider going forward- he may simply be at his best in a 3C role with guys like Blais and Goodrow long term.

3) Lundkvist's best game as a Ranger, though he's still getting Zac Jones level sheltered minutes.

4) Georgiev hasn't been the same since the incident. In his first few years he was inconsistent, but on balance quite good. Now he's one of the worst in the league. Kinkaid has earned the next game that calls for a backup.

5) There's a very hard decision to be made about where Lafreniere fits in this current lineup. If he wasn't a 1OA pick, he'd be in Hartford right now. He probably still should be.

Reactions: Galvatron and Tob

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
2) Chytil seems to work best on a north-south line with the grinders. I think that's an interesting little data point to consider going forward- he may simply be at his best in a 3C role with guys like Blais and Goodrow long term.

this makes sense since it’s the line he’s had the most experience with in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad