• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Last I checked the weather at Bay Oval, it seems like a draw would be hard to avoid.

That seems like a great day to hang out and spend a day.

The weather seems like an Anderson 5-for and a draw for sure aha.

Humid, wet, rain showers and ~20 degrees?

Jimmy Clouderson's favourite weather aha.

Though England have made 5 day tests 3 day events this last year so who knows!

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So last Thurs I stopped at the Target in NE Philly not far from the old Nabisco site and I felt like I walked into an old style PA liquor store where the bottles were behind the counter. Large areas of the store had stock under lock and key. I had to ask a roving employee to get items for me locked behind plexiglass shelves. Must be a store they are piloting anti-theft with. I am not going back to that store and hopefully they do not incorporate that concept with other Target locations...

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
So last Thurs I stopped at the Target in NE Philly not far from the old Nabisco site and I felt like I walked into an old style PA liquor store where the bottles were behind the counter. Large areas of the store had stock under lock and key. I had to ask a roving employee to get items for me locked behind plexiglass shelves. Must be a store they are piloting anti-theft with. I am not going back to that store and hopefully they do not incorporate that concept with other Target locations...
not shocked..we keep trying to get that into our store for things like tide pods..general merchandise ...theft is a huge problem..last week i stopped a dude that tried to snag 200 worth of beef..came back an hour later thinking he could fool us by changing his hoodie and tried to steal 150 worth of salmon and this is a store in a nice neighborhood of the city

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The weather seems like an Anderson 5-for and a draw for sure aha.

Humid, wet, rain showers and ~20 degrees?

Jimmy Clouderson's favourite weather aha.

Though England have made 5 day tests 3 day events this last year so who knows!

First time I checked, it was only supposed to rain the first 1.5 days. And England had positive odds, so I happily dumped five bucks on them to win because 3.5 days is more than enough for them. Checked again a day later and it was ~50% rain for days. I sadly cashed out at a slight loss.

If their fielding wasn't such a surprising debacle in the first innings against NZ they might have finished that test in 2ish days, but there's a solid chance they don't get even that kind of time.

Reactions: Appleyard

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
not shocked..we keep trying to get that into our store for things like tide pods..general merchandise ...theft is a huge problem..last week i stopped a dude that tried to snag 200 worth of beef..came back an hour later thinking he could fool us by changing his hoodie and tried to steal 150 worth of salmon and this is a store in a nice neighborhood of the city
Salmon theft? Jeesh..

This is an interesting approach

Reactions: trostol

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
First time I checked, it was only supposed to rain the first 1.5 days. And England had positive odds, so I happily dumped five bucks on them to win because 3.5 days is more than enough for them. Checked again a day later and it was ~50% rain for days. I sadly cashed out at a slight loss.

If their fielding wasn't such a surprising debacle in the first innings against NZ they might have finished that test in 2ish days, but there's a solid chance they don't get even that kind of time.

Bad toss to lose... swinging round corners and seaming too.

If England make it to 250 that would be great.

• Wow

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
@Appleyard

Root and Brook have the situation under control.

Yeh... dug them out of a bit of a hole did the Yorkies there!

I was sat watched Lancs vs Yorks last year with Root and Brook batting together (before Brook made England debut) and this old, grumpy, stereotypical Yorkshireman was just complaining about him and heckling him.

Stuff like "he might have talent, but he'll never make it for England if he does not learn that this is a first class game and not a T20... needs to reign in that aggression."

Me and my brother chuckled. Aha.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I was sat watched Lancs vs Yorks last year with Root and Brook batting together (before Brook made England debut) and this old, grumpy, stereotypical Yorkshireman was just complaining about him and heckling him.

Stuff like "he might have talent, but he'll never make it for England if he does not learn that this is a first class game and not a T20... needs to reign in that aggression."

These two are seeing to it that Wagner will have shellshock by the end of the series.

I saw the odds for England shoot up a bit after NZ hit the 3 fast wickets and I had to ignore weather and bet on them again.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

sounds like 2 of NZ players..Finn Allen and Glenn Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad