OT: 108th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nine dozen eggs and not one broken

The incredible edible egg, liked or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What the heck

Why not just wear the sweatpants and if you want to take them off, do so and then put on the shorts?

Underwear, then shorts, then sweatpants is just too many layers.

Efficiency. I'm alternating like every hour or two anyway; my body temperature is as inconsistent as Morgan Frost. Just because you said this, I'm taking the sweats off.

Get more breathable underwear and shorts, boss. I truly don't even notice. Also, I never said I was wearing underwear.

But I am.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Did a live ride tonight for my 100th ride with one of my favorite Peloton instructors, AT. Came so close to a PR, fell just short.

PXL_20230110_003357496.jpg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Efficiency. I'm alternating like every hour or two anyway; my body temperature is as inconsistent as Morgan Frost. Just because you said this, I'm taking the sweats off.

Get more breathable underwear and shorts, boss. I truly don't even notice. Also, I never said I was wearing underwear.

But I am.
Might I suggest those thin plaid pajama pants? Sounds like the problem is shorts are too cold, sweatpants are too hot... so why not try something in between instead of getting temperature whiplash from going back and forth like a maniac?

I'm speaking from experience here because that's what I do usually, since I have similar problems of being too cold with just shorts and too warm with sweatpants.

And I'm not worried about breathability, it's about bulkiness and feeling. I need to be streamlined for peak performance.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

But I am.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Might I suggest those thin plaid pajama pants? Sounds like the problem is shorts are too cold, sweatpants are too hot... so why not try something in between instead of getting temperature whiplash from going back and forth like a maniac?

I'm speaking from experience here because that's what I do usually, since I have similar problems of being too cold with just shorts and too warm with sweatpants.

And I'm not worried about breathability, it's about bulkiness and feeling. I need to be streamlined for peak performance.

They're paper thin athletic shorts, no bulkiness, you'd never know, I barely remember. Heck, people wear Long Johns under their pants. I never said I was too warm though, or too cold, hour to hour. I'm comfortable; it just varies depending on what I'm doing. It's no different than taking on/off a sweatshirt.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They're paper thin athletic shorts, no bulkiness, you'd never know, I barely remember. Heck, people wear Long Johns under their pants. I never said I was too warm though, or too cold, hour to hour. I'm comfortable; it just varies depending on what I'm doing. It's no different than taking on/off a sweatshirt.
You take sweatshirts on and off too?!?

I can’t tolerate how you operate clothing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't wear sweats out of the house, minus athletic activities or quick errands or dog walks. I'm a jeans, khakis, chinos, corduroy guy. But I'm almost never wearing pants, of my own informal volition, when it's 70 degrees+ (that's a balmy 21 degrees Celsius, you weirdos). What a crime it would be to hide these gams. I will never wear cargo shorts -- I have a strict 2 front pocket limit. And I won't wear athletic shorts going out, in accordance with the sweatpants rule. I have many colors of chino shorts that serve my needs.
This is me exactly. Every word of it.

Reactions: Magua

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I avoid jeans at all costs. I find them so uncomfortable to sit in. I was visiting a lady friend once and wore sweatpants and brought my jeans in a duffle bag. She found that so weird.

Does anybody remember the NBA style breakaway pants? They were big in elementary school and that was like playing Russian roulette trying to keep them intact all day.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Growing up in a school where I had to regularly wear dress shirts, and ties on occasion, probably had a lot to do with my souring on the whole notion. Nowadays I have no reason for either, other than the occasional wedding or funeral. I don't even know if I still have a suit, and the one I did have was a hand-me-down from an ex's father. It was his wedding tux, so it was probably roughly the same age as me:laugh:

Basketball shorts are the best. I put that shit on everything. I'd wear them to the White House.

Sweats are timeless, but I really miss those athletic warm up pants (whatever you want to call them) from the 2000's that were thinner and stretchy. Last time I went shopping, it seemed like those were a thing of the past. In high school, I definitely had a pair of Adidas "breakaway" warm up pants for Basketball, with the snaps down the side so you could just rip em off like Party Guy. Loved those.

Basically I pretty much wear the same type of stuff I did back then. Usually sports type of stuff. I have some nice polos and a couple pairs of jeans and khakis for the occasional night out.

I avoid jeans at all costs. I find them so uncomfortable to sit in. I was visiting a lady friend once and wore sweatpants and brought my jeans in a duffle bag. She found that so weird.

Does anybody remember the NBA style breakaway pants? They were big in elementary school and that was like playing Russian roulette trying to keep them intact all day.
I member. Elementary, eh?:laugh: I'm so old

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Shorts all year in the house. If im going to hockey or running to the pharmacy/dunkin in the morning then im wearing shorts unless its like 30 degrees. Jeans to doctors, hospital, work, Grocery Store. Its tough to find the type of shorts that I like anymore, especially with Fanatics ruining the game.

Im having issues finding shorts in my size with a longer inseam and the ones I do are all crap or way to expensive for a pair of mesh shorts.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sweats are timeless, but I really miss those athletic warm up pants (whatever you want to call them) from the 2000's that were thinner and stretchy. Last time I went shopping, it seemed like those were a thing of the past.
Look for Nike Dri-FIT pants/Joggers. I have one pair and they are great. Regular price is probably ridiculous but try the Nike outlets if you are near one.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Sorry that you suck, Rebs.

Good shorts > Great pants

I hate jeans. I have a couple pair of athletic style pants I got from old navy a few years back and they are wonderful. In the rare occasion I do go into the office, I'll wear them with a sweater or a polo and it's fine. Other than being real casual and wearing joggers, they are pretty much my go to pair of pants when going out anywhere. They are super comfortable and they are a bit stretchy

Oooh I didn't think of these. But I have two pairs of golf pants that look like dress pants I wear to the office. These are god tier just below shorts.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Look for Nike Dri-FIT pants/Joggers. I have one pair and they are great. Regular price is probably ridiculous but try the Nike outlets if you are near one.

That's what I was looking for. It's too late, but I'll post a picture tomorrow. And I do have a Nike outlet close by. Maybe it's the tapered leg thing that throws me. When I used to buy them, they at least had a little zipper from calf down or so. I went through the Nike, Adidas, and Puma stores, and had a hard time just finding plain ole grey sweat pants. I know I can always go get some Champs at Walmart, but come on.

Also, Nike, Adidas, and Puma are indeed, the Holy Trinity.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
when at home i am usually in some sort of basketball shorts..nice and loose and comfy

what i am saddened by is..the best pair of shoes i ever had were these fantastic high-top UA shoes..so comfortable to the point i used duct tape to hold them together for like ..3 years..haven't found them since or anything close

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
When I used to buy them, they at least had a little zipper from calf down or so. I
Mine do! Wish I could tell you the make. Maybe they are an older style. I think I got them as a gift last year. They're definitely out there if you want them bad enough.

78C604E8-2105-456F-A9C0-85847376EC7D.jpeg

If you are just looking for basic gray sweats to lounge in, I just bought a bunch of Amazon branded ones for 10 bucks on Cyber Monday. They are pretty good for the price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad