OT: 108th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nine dozen eggs and not one broken

The incredible edible egg, liked or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Roight 'en! Bloody hell!

What's all this, then?

My all-time breakfast boner sandwich is a BLT using thick-cut maple bacon, a crispy lettuce leaf (iceberg or Romaine), and a nice beefsteak-y tom-ah-to. Add cheese - smoked Gouda preferred, but American works in a pinch. The key is the bread - some seriously egg-drenched french toast to hold it all together. If I'm feeling frisky, a sunny side fried egg on top of the bacon. Side of extra bacon for maximum coronary.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So...maybe it was mentioned..but I have a sunny side egg every morning for Breakfast. They used to say that was bad....too much cholesterol etc..but I don't believe that is the case anymore. It is more about what you eat with the egg or put on it..no?

Any of you eggheads know the definitive health impacts of eating eggs daily?

Also hardboiled eggs are nasty to me...

I have not, but I strongly support the idea of them.

#Scrapple4Ever
Yapple "Scrapple.."

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Anyone have any idea what this flight is? There are a lot of people tracking it, for some reason...

Heard was sounded like a fighter jet fly over the house, so I went on to see if I could find it and found this instead

Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

1671460805235.png

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have gone on record many times in the past on how overrated eggs are. Their best use is that they are used to make cake, brownies, etc... But here is the rundown on egg itself:

Hard boiled....eat the rubbers....throw away the yolk
Runny eggs....throw away the whole thing. Runny yolk is disgusting
Scrambled eggs....ok once every few weeks if made right. Heathens add milk.
Omlette....sure....anything to dilute eating more egg is good.
On a breakfast sammich, see above. Or do the right thing and just have it with no egg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Yesterday I got a breakfast sandwich on an everything bagel with pork roll, sausage, egg, and cheese. It was divine.

Pork roll AND sausage? Your hedonism truly knows no bounds. Also, tell me more. What kind of sausage? What was the pork roll to sausage ratio? How were the eggs cooked? Did you go Cooper Sharp on the cheese? I may need to try this, even if it kills me, which is likely.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Pork roll AND sausage? Your hedonism truly knows no bounds. Also, tell me more. What kind of sausage? What was the pork roll to sausage ratio? How were the eggs cooked? Did you go Cooper Sharp on the cheese? I may need to try this, even if it kills me, which is likely.
It's pure heathenry and only happens on rare occasions. It was one standard sausage patty and 4 thinly sliced pieces of pork roll. They cook their pork roll crispy using a grill press, which is the way to go IMHO. They cook the egg over hard as their standard, but I go over easy to get a bit of that yolksauce going. It was just regular american cheese, but you know damn well I'd go cooper sharp if it was available.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Also, as far as eggs go…

Stupid as shit to eat them. They’re just unfinished chiccy tendies. You’re wasting their potential.
Not trying to rain on your parade here, but most eggs we eat are unfertilized so they'd just go to waste if not eaten anyway. Maybe a good opportunity to start sneaking roosters into henhouses across the world to get that fertilization number up.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not trying to rain on your parade here, but most eggs we eat are unfertilized so they'd just go to waste if not eaten anyway. Maybe a good opportunity to start sneaking roosters into henhouses across the world to get that fertilization number up.
I know. That's why instead wasting them by bringing them to supermarkets we make sure they get fertilized. Then we have more tendies and nuggies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I made you dinner.

Say “thank you”.
To whomever is responsible for me not being a member of your family, I say “thank you!

I know. That's why instead wasting them by bringing them to supermarkets we make sure they get fertilized. Then we have more tendies and nuggies.
I repeat… chickens are birds. Birds are… you know.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Maybe you look into getting a job as a chick sexer (the Official Obscure Occupation of the Sexpos) and purposely fudge the sexing to generate more roosters to fill those henhouses. It's the perfect crime.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I never got into modelling at all, but do appreciate it.

Partially as my Dad, for a while, was arguably one of the more respected WW2 tank modellers in the world... for what it is worth lmao. Invented a new way to add "zimmerit" to Axis tank models that a lot of people adopted.

Used to get paid to create them for other people for displays etc.

Now he just paints classic cars. Not sure he has made one model in the last ~5 years. Dunno why his love for it fell off really. He had modelled in some form or another since a teenager, and got paid on the side a lot over that time for it (shop displays, commissions etc),so probably 30 years before basically stopping.
It's one of those hobbies that as you get better at it, it becomes more tedious. And there is no short cuts to satisfaction.

Basically you get to a point that you are good enough that your hobby gets bogged down by all the things you have learned, and don't nessicarily want to do. But if you skip those steps then the end result will be unsatisfying.

Plus as you get older and your eye sight gets worse and hands less steady everything gets harder.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Yesterday I got a breakfast sandwich on an everything bagel with pork roll, sausage, egg, and cheese. It was divine.
I had a cheesesteak with a fried egg and more cheese on an everything bagel yesterday.
*Chefs kiss*

So...maybe it was mentioned..but I have a sunny side egg every morning for Breakfast. They used to say that was bad....too much cholesterol etc..but I don't believe that is the case anymore. It is more about what you eat with the egg or put on it..no?

Any of you eggheads know the definitive health impacts of eating eggs daily?

Also hardboiled eggs are nasty to me...

Yapple "Scrapple.."

The egg studies that go back and forth good for you bad for you and funded by people with pro egg and anti egg agendas.

I hate auto merge

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Sandwich

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
It's one of those hobbies that as you get better at it, it becomes more tedious. And there is no short cuts to satisfaction.

Basically you get to a point that you are good enough that your hobby gets bogged down by all the things you have learned, and don't nessicarily want to do. But if you skip those steps then the end result will be unsatisfying.

Plus as you get older and your eye sight gets worse and hands less steady everything gets harder.

That is a really interesting perspective... had not thought of it like that before. But probably what happened with him, would fit!

Reactions: GapToothedWonder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad