OT: 108th Obsequious Banter Thread: Nine dozen eggs and not one broken

The incredible edible egg, liked or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I agree for the most part, but if you have the chance to choose sausage on a breakfast sandwich and you choose anything else, you are doing it wrong.
Bacon 99.9% of the time until you find a place that does you right when it comes to the sausage.

Shoprite has surprisingly phenomenal breakfast sandwiches (depending on the store mind you) and they tend to over cook the bacon a touch. They overload the sausage and cook it perfect though. If it’s on a Kaiser you get 2 eggs, 2 sausage Pattie’s and a few slices of cheese. Damn good shit.
If you get a 2’ long sandwich you can split it three ways and it’s cheaper than buying two sandwiches.

SHOW ME HOW TO CARRY AN OVER EASY EGG IN MY POCKET

Runny yolk has zero situational versatility. None.
F29FEACA-390F-44CC-9D04-8A3CADC194D1.jpeg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Bacon 99.9% of the time until you find a place that does you right when it comes to the sausage.

Shoprite has surprisingly phenomenal breakfast sandwiches (depending on the store mind you) and they tend to over cook the bacon a touch. They overload the sausage and cook it perfect though. If it’s on a Kaiser you get 2 eggs, 2 sausage Pattie’s and a few slices of cheese. Damn good shit.
If you get a 2’ long sandwich you can split it three ways and it’s cheaper than buying two sandwiches.

View attachment 623779

Hope you people like your dysentery eggs

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Hard boiled eggs, but just the whites. The dry, crumbly yolk is ass.

I'll do eggs in just about any way except soft-boiled. As for omelets? Get that pepper, onion, and mushroom shit way the f*ck away from me. Also, get that table pepper out of the way. It makes everything it touches taste like shit.

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I will accept either, but this is a cooking issue. Cover the pan after you crisp it up.

Beef, I can’t help but think we’ve both opened ourselves up to horrible writing prompts and we still have time to come out the other side with a truce.
If by cover the pan you mean splash the hot bacon fat on it it crisp it up, then yes.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I eat them with limes

f***ing auto merge

Watching car modelers is always so weird to me. Their whole thing is to keep the model as clean ans pristine as possible.

Where as aircraft and tank guys basically the whole point is to make it look as lived in and worn down as possible in scale. Just polar opposite approaches.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I fell into a YouTube wormhole and watched 30 minutes of this dude making a single use tool with mostly hand tools but oddly enough didn’t mind using power tools.
Most people I see making old school tools don’t use power anything.

If you haven't before check out my mechanic and carlrogers on youtube. I think both would be right up your alley.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Watching car modelers is always so weird to me. Their whole thing is to keep the model as clean ans pristine as possible.

Where as aircraft and tank guys basically the whole point is to make it look as lived in and worn down as possible in scale. Just polar opposite approaches.

I never got into modelling at all, but do appreciate it.

Partially as my Dad, for a while, was arguably one of the more respected WW2 tank modellers in the world... for what it is worth lmao. Invented a new way to add "zimmerit" to Axis tank models that a lot of people adopted.

Used to get paid to create them for other people for displays etc.

Now he just paints classic cars. Not sure he has made one model in the last ~5 years. Dunno why his love for it fell off really. He had modelled in some form or another since a teenager, and got paid on the side a lot over that time for it (shop displays, commissions etc),so probably 30 years before basically stopping.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I'm disturbed by some of these egg takes. Eggs are delicious, except if you hard boil them. Then they're trash. Runny yolks are a mood thing but when you're in the mood and done well, are next-level amazing, especially on a breakfast sandwich, even if it's incredibly messy to eat. A good fluffy softly cooked scramble though? Delightful. Meanwhile, a properly cooked french omelette might be the greatest thing on earth, but an American-style omelet with tons of fillings is also excellent either in the wee or late hours of the morning after a long night out. Also, an omelet(te) can in fact be just eggs and can also fit in your pocket:

b86a15658165fd87e5cd69dd1d22a10a.jpg

The proper meat for a breakfast sandwich is very much a mood thing. I generally go bacon, and sausage only rarely, but will almost always get pork roll if it's an option, though I guess pork roll is pretty close to a type of sausage? @Captain Dave Poulin, have you ever had pork roll?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I rarely have breakfast.

BUT my one general exception is a meat for breakfast sandwich.

2x Lancashire oven bottom muffins. Toasted lightly. (THE perfect bread for a breakfast sandwich, partially due to size, partially due to texture, partially due to taste.)
Then a smattering of mayo for some moisture.
Then some Heinz baked beans layered on top of that.
Then a fried egg on each.
2x slices of good smoked back bacon (well done) on top.
Then melt some cheese on top of that (preferably Red Leicester).

Probably have that once every 2 weeks and an absolute treat.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I rarely have breakfast.

BUT my one general exception is a meat for breakfast sandwich.

2x Lancashire oven bottom muffins. Toasted lightly. (THE perfect bread for a breakfast sandwich, partially due to size, partially due to texture, partially due to taste.)
Then a smattering of mayo for some moisture.
Then some Heinz baked beans layered on top of that.
Then a fried egg on each.
2x slices of good smoked back bacon (well done) on top.
Then melt some cheese on top of that (preferably Red Leicester).

Probably have that once every 2 weeks and an absolute treat.
nasty-krabby-patty-burger-krabs-spongebob-patty-oil-on-canvas-palomares.jpg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I went with daily ritual because it's the most accurate. The reality is I typically eat eggs multiple times per week, but not every single morning. The proper take on eggs is once over easy with a runny yolk, however I will enjoy scrambled eggs as well. I almost exclusively eat eggs with cheese and pig. Rarely if ever will you see me eating a hard boiled egg, not even in the salad. However I will enjoy the occasional deviled egg. you can't forget is lots of cheese.

Mostly I consume eggs in the vector of a sandwich. Again, cheese and pig.

Cheese is not limited to block/lunch meat cheese. Cream cheese is common if on a bagel. Boursin cheese too.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm disturbed by some of these egg takes. Eggs are delicious, except if you hard boil them. Then they're trash. Runny yolks are a mood thing but when you're in the mood and done well, are next-level amazing, especially on a breakfast sandwich, even if it's incredibly messy to eat. A good fluffy softly cooked scramble though? Delightful. Meanwhile, a properly cooked french omelette might be the greatest thing on earth, but an American-style omelet with tons of fillings is also excellent either in the wee or late hours of the morning after a long night out. Also, an omelet(te) can in fact be just eggs and can also fit in your pocket:

b86a15658165fd87e5cd69dd1d22a10a.jpg

The proper meat for a breakfast sandwich is very much a mood thing. I generally go bacon, and sausage only rarely, but will almost always get pork roll if it's an option, though I guess pork roll is pretty close to a type of sausage? @Captain Dave Poulin, have you ever had pork roll?

I have not, but I strongly support the idea of them.

#Scrapple4Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad