OT: 105th Obsequious Banter Thread: Penny for Your Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Girl woke up early to go running today (our half marathon is next Sunday) and about 7 miles in she found a dog. It was collared and on its collar there was emblazoned a number. She called the number, and it was animal control (or a similar entity). The operator got Girl in touch with the owners. The owners said "that isn't our dog anymore, we gave it to someone else", to which Girl pressed for info. Who is Someone Else? What is their phone number? Girl got in touch with Someone Else, a woman, and she didn't even know the dog was missing and weren't very thankful upon receiving the call.

"Are you missing a dog?" "Uhhmmmm....I'm not sure?"

They said they couldn't pick up the dog because she was the only one there and only had a horse and buggy. She called the dog "Shiba". The dog was a Shiba Inu, so obviously it didn't even have a name. The dog was skittish around people. Girl relayed this info back to the operator who called the police, who then dispatched animal control to the scene to corrall the dog.

Then she relayed the info to me, and I said it sounds like a puppy mill, and I said you need to tell animal control what happened and that you don't think it's best for the dog to be returned. Girl waited with the dog until animal control got there and explained everything and animal control was rightfully concerned. The dog is on its way back to the shelter and things will be investigated.

Today is Girl's birthday. She is a hero and I'm proud of her.

Of note: after this, the original owners who the dog was registered under called Girl back and asked "so...you let the dog go, right?" so I said you should block their number and report their f***ing ass too, because what they're really asking is "no one knows about the dog, right?"

I'll personally beat these people within an inch of their life, only so they can endure hours of Chinese water torture with dog pee instead of water.

Nice work, friend. Tell Girl we all said "Happy Birthday, hero."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Girl woke up early to go running today (our half marathon is next Sunday) and about 7 miles in she found a dog. It was collared and on its collar there was emblazoned a number. She called the number, and it was animal control (or a similar entity). The operator got Girl in touch with the owners. The owners said "that isn't our dog anymore, we gave it to someone else", to which Girl pressed for info. Who is Someone Else? What is their phone number? Girl got in touch with Someone Else, a woman, and she didn't even know the dog was missing and weren't very thankful upon receiving the call.

"Are you missing a dog?" "Uhhmmmm....I'm not sure?"

They said they couldn't pick up the dog because she was the only one there and only had a horse and buggy. She called the dog "Shiba". The dog was a Shiba Inu, so obviously it didn't even have a name. The dog was skittish around people. Girl relayed this info back to the operator who called the police, who then dispatched animal control to the scene to corrall the dog.

Then she relayed the info to me, and I said it sounds like a puppy mill, and I said you need to tell animal control what happened and that you don't think it's best for the dog to be returned. Girl waited with the dog until animal control got there and explained everything and animal control was rightfully concerned. The dog is on its way back to the shelter and things will be investigated.

Today is Girl's birthday. She is a hero and I'm proud of her.

Of note: after this, the original owners who the dog was registered under called Girl back and asked "so...you let the dog go, right?" so I said you should block their number and report their f***ing ass too, because what they're really asking is "no one knows about the dog, right?"

I'll personally beat these people within an inch of their life, only so they can endure hours of Chinese water torture with dog pee instead of water.

Someone should pull their skin off

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Looks like we're approaching the reign of King Charles.

Elizabeth has been Queen for all but 2 of the 72 years my father has been alive... I wonder how many British monarch changes will happen in the lifetime of my 4 year old...
Sir, I’m an American. I’m not approaching any reign of a British monarch.

:sarcasm:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Sir, I’m an American. I’m not approaching any reign of a British monarch.

:sarcasm:
The Queen is on our money still, which is tragic, but reverence to the monarchy is pretty much non-exisitent in Canada these days.

I legitimately can't imagine money with Charles on it. :laugh: Thankfully, I try to avoid cash as much as possible. I am the anti-Jojo in that respect...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The Queen is on our money still, which is tragic, but reverence to the monarchy is pretty much non-exisitent in Canada these days.

I legitimately can't imagine money with Charles on it. :laugh: Thankfully, I try to avoid cash as much as possible. I am the anti-Jojo in that respect...

Literally have Canadian dollars on me too. :laugh:

Attachments

• 20220908_112158.jpg
    20220908_112158.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 2

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Charles is such a d'ouche. Not that it matters to me but he should just abdicate. A guyb2 cubes away is English born with a cokney accent. His take... at least Charles is old and won't be around long.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad