Golf: 104th PGA Championship - May 19-May 22

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The venue is Southern Hills Country Club. The defending champion is Phil Mickelson, who will not play. Southern Hills has hosted the PGA Championship four times, most recently won by Tiger Woods at -8 in 2007.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Sounds like it's made for the bombers, I'll say one of the favorites like DJ, Rahm or Scheffler takes this one

Last edited:

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I wanna say Cantlay has a crack at this one. Or even Rory.

Then again, how the hell can you bet against Scheffler at this point.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The chipping areas around the greens should be pretty difficult for a lot of players. The course was redone, and short game should be pretty important this week because the greens supposedly have difficult runoffs. I think we will see a winner that grew up in the Southern USA. They should have a distinct advantage chipping around these greens.

I would say the favorites are Scheffler, Spieth, and Thomas. Dark-horses I'd look to Burns and Zalatoris.

Winner will come out of that group of five.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
My money's on Big Brooks, like always.

Wait... actually, it isn't? Instead, I put some money down on Spieth, in the event that the slopes on and around the greens fool the bomb and gougers, and Morikawa, in case it ends up being a ballstriking-fest. Big Brooks is a pass for me, based on the injuries.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bryson is out.
He makes the stupidest decisions. He should've gotten surgery months ago. Maybe he misses the Masters, which he never plays well at.

If he did so, he'd be able to play this event and come in with some tournament reps.

Instead, plays the Masters hurt enough that he has surgery the day after the tournament ends. Then he misses the PGA because he waited so long to get surgery.

His timing couldn't be more terrible.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
My picks in my dad's golf pool (number of people out of 16 who ended up taking them in brackets) - most total prize money wins

Scheffler (13)
Dustin Johnson (4)
Rahm (10)
Niemann (3)
Varner (1)

I got good value in DJ

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
CB8B1FD3-8147-4151-8385-28CE356E1300.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Our Lady Peace

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Curtis Strange pissing all over hockey for no reason.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What was he saying?
They were doing the spot for the games tomorrow, and Bob Wischusen was on the mic and was talking about going back to Edmonton and Curtis Strange just stepped all over him and said he doesn't think Scottie Scheffler cares about hockey and took over the call. Bob kinda called him out on it.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Feel like the golf course has been a great host. Lots of interesting shots and penalizing rough that isn't ridiculous. If you don't hit the fairway it's a hell of a time hitting the green and getting it to stop.

The complaining about bunkers is also low key hilarious. Wah wahh, I can't spin a bunker shot that was 20 feet and get it to stop on a dime. It's nice to see bunkers actually being penalizing.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad