OT: 103rd Obsequious Banter Thread: "Summertime, and the livin's easy."

If you had to fight a tortoise or a sloth, which do you choose?

• Tortoise

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Sloth

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Is the Joe's being talked about the place that used to be called Chink's?

Cuz its weird. I lived about 8 to 10 blocks away from it for a few years and had steak sandwiches a number of times because they had a family deal type thing with # steaks + # fries. I never thought there was anything that special about it.

I think the Joe's that LoD mentions is not the Joseph's that I was talking about. The one my family used to go to is this one:

About Josephs Pizza Fox Chase

It was opened by Joe DiLullo who later opened DiLullo's, a really good Italian restaurant next door.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
What did they do now? I was able to catch the last few laps and the announcers comments were something along the lines of Ferrari’s post race meeting be contentious

Disastrous tire management lead their 2-3 start to a 4-6 finish, they also seemingly ignored or downplayed how the white tires were bad for other drivers and gave them to Leclerc anyway. He was for 14 laps on whites (less than degradation time of reds today), then he went to pits for reds. One of the pit stops cost Sainz more than 2 secs after an error which threw him into traffic. And I'm sure I forgot something

Reactions: PDX Flyer

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Snoopy today i'm doing nothing because I started doing it yesterfay and I wasn't finished and ...jpg

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Anyone know what you're supposed to do with a goldfish you win at a fair? My kid is not going to be happy if I kill this thing by accident
Buy a 10 gallon tank, filter, and 10 gallons if distilled water. Anything smaller is too small.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Anyone know what you're supposed to do with a goldfish you win at a fair? My kid is not going to be happy if I kill this thing by accident
You put it in a bowl; but have easy access to replace it when it dies in three days.
If you find a healthy one you could put it in a decent size(aka 20 gallon tank) and the goldfish will grow to an absurd size and live for like 20 years.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I've been calling my wife "Flavortown" for the last 9ish days now. She knows I'm trying to get a reaction, and she's doing everything she can to avoid giving me one. But I know I will succeed. It's only a matter of time.
Start dressing like Guy Fieri and that will move up your timeline.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Ferrari strategy is an absolute shitshow this year; it's unbelievable. Up until Leclerc was leading, they were in a safe spot, and I actually thought - car issues aside - how they could f*** THIS up. But then those people with combined IQ of a drunk starfish simply panicked after they noticed Max undercut. Panicked, just like that. They were screwed as soon as they pit Leclerc after so comparitively few laps on (second) mediums. Hards were awful that day (as evidenced by Alpine & Haas), but softs wouldn't had lasted till finish. It wasn't even series of mistakes or anything, just ''oh no RB is not doing what we expected, what now??!''. It's pathetic.

This sums it up:

I disagree, however, with those who say the season has lost all excitement now that Max WDC and RB WCC is nearly set in stone. We will absolutely see some exciting fight for 2-6 (WDC) and 2-3 (WCC) spots. It's sad, tho, that Ferrari incompetence has robbed us from Max vs Charles duel; we've seen flashes of it this season and it was amazing.

And it's not like it's the same mistake Ferrari makes, nope. They find DIFFERENT ways of screwing up. Driver mistake, engine failure, throttle failure, not being ready for double stack (thus Leclerc lost time), wrong tyre strategy, keeping Leclerc behind Sainz too long despite former being faster; damn, it's even tough to keep track.

It's Ferrari mentality - no one is bigger than team, no one speaks against the team, not publicly, and not internally. How Binotto tried to blame the CAR when everyone literally LAUGHED at them having to put hard tyres (which, as I said, was result of previous mistake) was pathetic. Yeah, sure, RB had pace and at some stretches Max was flying, but with proper strategy or at least non-disastrous strategy there's no way they would both finish outside podium. They (Ferrari) never take accountability, they are never wrong; it's always something else. They are fast to throw driver under the bus (example: France), but will never admit a tactical mistake.

On one hand we hear them saying ''plan A/plan C/plan E'' on team radio, on the other hand - they fail to normally react to, say, a bit of rain and Max perhaps being on slightly risky strategy. They completely set themselves on fire when something slightly unexpected happens and have a flexibility of my ankle when it was sprained and swollen.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk, I am simply sorry for C.L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad