OT: 102d Obsequious Banter Thread: The One That Interlocked Plastic and Silverware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Really pretty angry and a bit sad this morning.

Girlfriend was with a friend and an acquaintance yesterday, a friend who she considers very close, and a comment was made about how European/blonde people immigration to North Africa would make the people there "better" and "more attractive"... no sweats broken, no apologies, no "shit, bad joke" etc...

seems they forgot about her ethnicity or just did not begin to think it was offensive to her, a person who is half Moroccan and was in Morocco last month and will be there next month and who is very close to several members of her family over there.

She is going to speak to her about it now she has calmed down, as at the time she stopped herself as she might have assaulted someone verbally or physically lmao... but yeh, can only imagine how hurt she is given the person was someone she trusted and did not have pegged as being like that. Either the mask slipped or she went crazy for a moment. Hopefully the later.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia

Girlfriend was with a friend and an acquaintance yesterday, a friend who she considers very close, and a comment was made about how European/blonde people immigration to North Africa would make the people there "better" and "more attractive"... no sweats broken, no apologies, no "shit, bad joke" etc...

seems they forgot about her ethnicity or just did not begin to think it was offensive to her, a person who is half Moroccan and was in Morocco last month and will be there next month and who is very close to several members of her family over there.

She is going to speak to her about it now she has calmed down, as at the time she stopped herself as she might have assaulted someone verbally or physically lmao... but yeh, can only imagine how hurt she is given the person was someone she trusted and did not have pegged as being like that. Either the mask slipped or she went crazy for a moment. Hopefully the later.

If she said it casually, surely it's the former, unfortunately. Goddamn, these last few years have revealed insanity of humanity. What kind of bubble have I been always living in??

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
OLD PEOPLE #$!@%#@$^#%@$^%$^!$#@%#@$%^@#%$#$#@#$&%$&RT@E&@%$&%$^%#$@#%$^@#%^#@$^#!@%$^
Believe it or not, this is an inside joke with a group of my school friends. In drug class we had a pretty quirky prof who taught us about COPD and for some reason he decided to hammer home that a particular combo inhaler was best for a specific subtype of COPD, and the most common patient who has this subtype of COPD is older people.

Essentially he asked us in class "it's for this type of COPD. Do you know who gets this type?" Of course no one answers, and he just goes OLD PEOPLE. Follows it up with "And do you know who uses this drug? OLD PEOPLE."

So loudly exclaiming OLD PEOPLE ended up being the answer for most study questions from there on out lol

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Believe it or not, this is an inside joke with a group of my school friends. In drug class we had a pretty quirky prof who taught us about COPD and for some reason he decided to hammer home that a particular combo inhaler was best for a specific subtype of COPD, and the most common patient who has this subtype of COPD is older people.

Essentially he asked us in class "it's for this type of COPD. Do you know who gets this type?" Of course no one answers, and he just goes OLD PEOPLE. Follows it up with "And do you know who uses this drug? OLD PEOPLE."

So loudly exclaiming OLD PEOPLE ended up being the answer for most study questions from there on out lol
BountifulIdealisticBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well golly gee willikers...I wonder why?

Because you post stories like this every day?

fd210cd55e3caa45454c3beb21487524.gif

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
So, me with the pepper topic again. Lost a label on one of the pepper plants. It LOOKS like pepperoncini, which is one of varieties that I planted. If so, it's a lot milder than, say, Jalapeno, and is considered even on sweet not spicy range. My problem? It LOOKS like that, but... who knows. Going thru all the varieties I have planted this year that are red and checking what's the worst case scenario when I try it in 30mins or so...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Want me to beat her up

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So, me with the pepper topic again. Lost a label on one of the pepper plants. It LOOKS like pepperoncini, which is one of varieties that I planted. If so, it's a lot milder than, say, Jalapeno, and is considered even on sweet not spicy range. My problem? It LOOKS like that, but... who knows. Going thru all the varieties I have planted this year that are red and checking what's the worst case scenario when I try it in 30mins or so...

Eat it

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
My hb, everyone.

pepperemergency.png

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Q: Why was the background changed to black on this forum anyway?? Can it be changed back to white (an option)?? It makes for terrible reading and typing while at the beach in bright scorching sunlight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad