OT: 102d Obsequious Banter Thread: The One That Interlocked Plastic and Silverware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing this painful part of your lives, @mja. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and what your wife and you had to endure. You highlight that this not just a YES!!!! versus NO!!!! issue that social media, heck all media, try to portray it as.
It is a simple yes or no.
You want to base your life off of 2,000 year old Bedouin Arab travelin' yarns that were first edited, collected and translated into a language you could understand 500 years ago then by all means.

Keep it to yourself though.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Q. the semi-omnipotent adversary who crops up from time to time to put humanity on trial. He is convinced that all of humanity should be snapped out of existence, and seems to have the ability to do so.

ETA: Trek, not Wars, you defective bastard.
And he's totally right.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It is a simple yes or no.
You want to base your life off of 2,000 year old Bedouin Arab travelin' yarns that were first edited, collected and translated into a language you could understand 500 years ago then by all means.

Keep it to yourself though.
Thank you for your reply; however, you miss my point in an attempt to take a wild swing at my belief. @mja raised a valid point that would be ridiculous and heartless if the SCOTUS ruling were to be applied in a blanket fashion.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Q. the semi-omnipotent adversary who crops up from time to time to put humanity on trial. He is convinced that all of humanity should be snapped out of existence, and seems to have the ability to do so.

ETA: Trek, not Wars, you defective bastard.
not so sure he wanted humanity snapped away..because he literally could have done so himself...i think more is he had an interest in humanity..i mean he did give them forewarning about the Borg

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Damn, so apparently Russians bombed a supermall in Ukraine today, with ~1000 people inside. This and the rockets killing civilians in Kyiv feels like stab in the heart. My colleague's parents just returned back to Kyiv a couple of weeks ago. How can I even support her at this point? Do I ignore the topic entirely? Do I say I'm keeping her relatives in my thoughts and then in a distopian manner move on to work topics? S***.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Damn, so apparently Russians bombed a supermall in Ukraine today, with ~1000 people inside. This and the rockets killing civilians in Kyiv feels like stab in the heart. My colleague's parents just returned back to Kyiv a couple of weeks ago. How can I even support her at this point? Do I ignore the topic entirely? Do I say I'm keeping her relatives in my thoughts and then in a distopian manner move on to work topics? S***.
Putin needs to be eradicated...

Btw....since we're in turn back the clock mode with civil rights.....guess Thomas will rule against his own interracial marriage and rule it illegal? This world is full of pieces o shit anymore...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Putin needs to be eradicated...

Btw....since we're in turn back the clock mode with civil rights.....guess Thomas will rule against his own interracial marriage and rule it illegal? This world is full of pieces o shit anymore...

America is irreparably broken.

Extremists and Money have now infiltrated the Supreme Court. Things are going to get a lot worse.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Saving up for my first class lifetime ticket..

Also a radiation suit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad