Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
20220526_204227.jpg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Woman with pistol takes out would be mass shooter with an AR.
Good girl with a gun

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Woman with pistol takes out would be mass shooter with an AR.
Good girl with a gun

Nice so a woman carrying a pistol (which very few people have an issue with) had to save dozens of people from a psycho with an AR-15 (that many people have an issue with).

If only the Police in Uvalde had her courage.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Nice so a woman carrying a pistol (which very few people have an issue with) had to save dozens of people from a psycho with an AR-15 (that many people have an issue with).

If only the Police in Uvalde had her courage.
Yes a woman who is legally carrying a pistol raced towards a psycho that has an AR that by every rights had her not only outgunned but also by surprise, managed to stop anyone from dying. The exact thing some here have said wouldn’t help.
I would rather have the option to have something that I pray to never have to need and use in self defense then have to run and hide or try tackling the shooter in between reloads of any capacity magazines.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yes a woman who is legally carrying a pistol raced towards a psycho that has an AR that by every rights had her not only outgunned but also by surprise, managed to stop anyone from dying. The exact thing some here have said wouldn’t help.
I would rather have the option to have something that I pray to never have to need and use in self defense then have to run and hide or try tackling the shooter in between reloads of any capacity magazines.

I'm not against legal ownership of handguns (and hunting rifles) by responsible adults 21 and older that have been subject to an extensive background check. The vast majority of Americans that advocate for gun reform feel the same way. So im not sure how this relates to what happened in Texas since it seems like youre trying to connect some dots there. But ill just say im glad she was there and did what she did and leave it at that.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I'm not against legal ownership of handguns (and hunting rifles) by responsible adults 21 and older that have been subject to an extensive background check. The vast majority of Americans that advocate for gun reform feel the same way. So im not sure how this relates to what happened in Texas since it seems like youre trying to connect some dots there. But ill just say im glad she was there and did what she did and leave it at that.
It was more so along the lines of a good guy with a gun successfully stopping a mass shooting, and a feel good story to try to help cleanse the tension in the thread.

Reactions: Rebels57

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
If I mischaracterized your views on this by assuming they were in line with the poster you were defending (sort of) and regularly agree with, I do apologize for that.
No harm. After reading your last post, I think my views on guns fall similarly in line with yours. I see no reason for anyone to own a semi automatic gun with extended clips. Handguns, sure, that's fine, after an extensive background check. Much else, I don't see why.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Can I just ask for clarification on what an extensive background check is before we stop?

Not going to get into a debate but ill just say Australia, Canada, New Zealand are all in the realm of where I think we need to be on background checks.

Reactions: Tripod

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Not going to get into a debate but ill just say Australia, Canada, New Zealand are all in the realm of where I think we need to be on background checks.

So looking through the list, it seems the common factors are criminal record, medical(not sure why medical history is relevant), and mental health records.

In the US, we check for the exact same things.
E5FE2107-3770-4DEB-8221-F47020D52529.png

This is why I cannot understand why people want enhanced or universal background checks. It’s the same thing as is currently done.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Supposed video of the shooter strolling into the school. Casually walking after a 12ish minutes long confrontation with police outside the school.
The tweet is posing a stupid question, ignore the tweet and anything else in the thread, I’m posting strictly for the 13 second video.

Forgot to add the video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad