GDT: #10|Islanders @ Penguins|10/25 7:00 PM|CEC|Tanger returns|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
anyone blaming zatcoff can ******* off...that was team breakdown mostly defensive breakdown. Dont blame the goalie for the defense sucking D*@# all game...we had that game won twice and gave it to the islanders. niskanen looked like **** tonight and malkin needs to step up his game...i dont care who his linemates are. And our powerplay is poop...thats why we lost

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
So let Sid and Geno switch linemates and then talk to me. :shakehead

How much exactly can ONE person do at ES with no help out there. When his one really good shift is with Dupuis out there, it should tell you all you need to know.

I've seen him look like hot garbage and I've seen him set up to fail by Bylsma. This is the latter, which I understand you'd NEVER admit, because it would kill your narrative.

Sid made conscious efforts on his own accords.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Our d-zone coverage and puck pressure was ****. Zatkoff is a career AHLer, and it showed. But, sadly, he didn't lose us the game, our recently minted $7.25M/yr, Norris candidate did.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

How much exactly can ONE person do at ES with no help out there. When his one really good shift is with Dupuis out there, it should tell you all you need to know.

I've seen him look like hot garbage and I've seen him set up to fail by Bylsma. This is the latter, which I understand you'd NEVER admit, because it would kill your narrative.

No KIRK, that's pure horse ****. Linemates don't make you dog it or make you drop pass to nobody. You actually have to, you know, look and see if anybody's around, superstar or not.

It's not like Malkin is playing great and his linemates aren't converting. He straight up isn't competing or creating, and he's making stupid plays. All on his own.

It isn't someone else's fault every time he looks like ass.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008

Malkin's wingers are injured. It's not like Bylsma is screwing Geno willingly. I think the man is an utter farce and a total idiot as far as coaches go, but this one's not on him.

Sid would produce with Kobasew and Jokinen. Or whomever he was slotted next to. That's just Sid. Geno's got that talent, just never seems to have that same drive or will to win on a consistent basis like Sid. But, to be fair, nobody does.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
So l't care anymore, Bylsma not Bylsma, wingers no wingers I donet Sid and Geno switch linemates and then talk to me. :shakehead

look I am not buying this anymore. If you were the best talent and not producing in what you do, you ask for the resources. You just don't seat and let Bylsma roll out kobasew and jussi every shift with you. There is no spark in his movement he just doesn't care any more: Bylsma not Bylsma, wingers not wingers, I watch these games to enjoy my favorite player in the world and pains me to see him mediocre night after night

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
No KIRK, that's pure horse ****. Linemates don't make you dog it or make you drop pass to nobody. You actually have to, you know, look and see if anybody's around, superstar or not.

It's not like Malkin is playing great and his linemates aren't converting. He straight up isn't competing or creating, and he's making stupid plays. All on his own.

It isn't someone else's fault every time he looks like ass.

Bull****

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid - crap wingers>>>>>Geno - crap wingers. It's like everyone forgets around here who actually needs very good wingers to "produce."

So switch Sid and Geno's wingers.

In 2008-2009, Geno - **** wingers (Feds/Sykora) > Sid - **** wingers (Dupuis/Satan).

Now, there's ****, and then there's really ****, and the hypocrisy around here is comical where people can't see the difference. But, you and RRP have your narratives, and there's no way that keeping Kobasew with Malkin can be bad coaching.

Heck, just swap Kobasew and Dupuis. Nope, can't have that . . . Geno set Dupuis up right in front of the net on that shift.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
look I am not buying this anymore. If you were the best talent and not producing in what you do, you ask for the resources. You just don't seat and let Bylsma roll out kobasew and jussi every shift with you. There is no spark in his movement he just doesn't care any more: Bylsma not Bylsma, wingers not wingers, I watch these games to enjoy my favorite player in the world and pains me to see him mediocre night after night

It pains me too.

Do me a favor next game: Watch Jokinen and Kobasew, especially Kobasew. Find a shift where he wins a board battle, drives the net, provides puck support, anything constructive.

I'm watching this WASH, RINSE, RECYCLE. Geno dumps, chases his own dump, forces a turnover, and nobody is there in close support or going to the net.

This is like watching Sid in 2008-2009 before Kunitz and Guerin came to town. Only difference is Geno isn't spearing guys in the nuts . . . yet.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Jokinen - Crosby - Kobasew
Kunitz - Malkin - Dupuis

JCK would probably be better tbh, Malkin doesn't work with Dupuis and Kunitz is ****. Kobasew is just an inferior Dupuis and Jokinen has been better than Kunitz. Crosby can drag those two around while Malkin can drag KD along while not being what he could be in the situation.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Geno can definitely be better, and smarter to boot. But, the biggest issue is the injuries to Bennett and Neal. Well, the biggest issue with Geno's production/play. The BIGGEST issues tonight were our d-zone coverage was ****, our "Norris-caliber," $7.25M/yr defenseman played like ****, and Niskanen is still a part of this team.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Malkin is dogging it? Jesus Christ. He didn't have his best game. But that's a bit far.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
And I don't know why you're clamoring for Sid and Geno to swap wingers, Kirk. It's not like Dupuis and Kunitz are playing well as of late. :laugh:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Malkin is dogging it? Jesus Christ. He didn't have his best game. But that's a bit far.

When Geno's wants the puck, you know it...he is an impact player regardless of who is on his line, and he imposes his will. The current iteration is nothing close to that.

He's pretty much going through the motions right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad