GDT: 10/6/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman looks good.

Johnson... he's actually fast this season. WOW!

PP isn't terrible, I'd say they're just trying to get in the 'groove' so to speak.

Finally, our 4th line looks irritating as hell lol... Seriously, I think I saw at least 1 or 2 cross check attempts from the Panthers when they were getting under their skin.

0 shots on 3 PP's, the 1st unit never got set up once, how is that not terrible?

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Oui this has not been good so far. Rough play by the top line. Stamkos is rusty for sure but I'm hoping he will knock that rust off. Kuch always looks bad right at the start.

Its worth noting, Sergachev had a few really good plays at the end of the period there. Much better than some of the others on defense...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well. We can't use health as an excuse. We're noticeably faster. We're just idiots.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I like the 4th line too. They are hitting everything that moves.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well. We can't use health as an excuse. We're noticeably faster. We're just idiots.

Agreed, skating looks good, creating offense looks bad. Defense has always been scrambly that's why we needed a Vezina goalie every year, Vasi to his credit has been doing his job.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He had his man, McCann, tied up in front. Johnson let his man, Pysyk, crash the net and score.

Sustr could've been stronger he went down pretty weak but I agree, Johnson lost Pysky which led to 2 guys going to the net against Sustr who has enough trouble with 1.

If you're going to fault Sustr for a bad game, then Kucherov is also being garbage tonight who's also made a play play resulting in a goal against.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Killorn has stepped up away from the puck tonight, doing tons of little things he stopped doing last year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
4th and 3rd lines look good. Top 6 hasn't done anything.

There've been flashes from the top-6, but Kuch looks rusty, Stamkos looks like post-leg-break Stamkos. Johnson actually pretty good, pretty creative, but I'm not sure he's suited to center Killer and Cally. It's almost like Cally, Killorn, and Johnson, as individuals, have looked pretty good, but I don't know if we're gonna see much chemistry.

I think we're benefiting a lot from matchups with the 3rd line. Point and Gourde look very good though. And Palat has been a positive overall.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
im not faulting sustr. he's screwed the pooch twice according to the "sustr screw the pooch-o-meter" which is actually a stellar game for him so far

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sustr could've been stronger he went down pretty weak but I agree, Johnson lost Pysky which led to 2 guys going to the net against Sustr who has enough trouble with 1.

If you're going to fault Sustr for a bad game, then Kucherov is also being garbage tonight who's also made a play play resulting in a goal against.

Agree he shouldn't have went down as easy as he did. Not sure what he was trying to do since his stick was tied up so wouldn't be able to use it to block Pysyk shooting. But he's far from the worst player tonight , a few guys aren't playing like they should.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
im not faulting sustr. he's screwed the pooch twice according to the "sustr screw the pooch-o-meter" which is actually a stellar game for him so far

lol I guess, but if you let 2 guys go to the net against Sustr is it really Sustr's fault? You kinda of expect him to fail in that situation. Coburn had his man, there was 2 on Sustr, even if he took one out like he's supposed to who supposed to be covering the other guy?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

So a soft penalty call and a goal against that wasn't his fault is screwing the pooch, good to know.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
the point is, he wasnt doing a damn thing on the ice. stay up, position yourself best you can, block the shot if possible. ultimately kucherov was responsible for the uncontested zone entry. just like to see the crease battle be more vicious from a guy thats 6'8"

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
the point is, he wasnt doing a damn thing on the ice. stay up, position yourself best you can, block the shot if possible. ultimately kucherov was responsible for the uncontested zone entry. just like to see the crease battle be more vicious from a guy thats 6'8"

So you're saying it's on Cooper/Bowness.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Crease battle is the biggest weakness of the entire defense, not just Sustr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad