GDT: 10/16/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
So a hit like that, I know it looks horrendous, but what should Vladdy have done differently? In my eyes, the other player is the one doing a dangerous thing. What am I missing?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
BTW are we playing basketball? The amount of picks the Dead Wings are setting makes it look like we're playing the Spurs.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
So a hit like that, I know it looks horrendous, but what should Vladdy have done differently? In my eyes, the other player is the one doing a dangerous thing. What am I missing?
He shouldn't have made the hit. It doesn't look horrendous - it's a 2 minute board, but it's always a 2 minute board so it's a really dumb hit to make.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

I don't think anyone is disappointed, the opposite actually, it's amazing.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
He shouldn't have made the hit. It doesn't look horrendous - it's a 2 minute board, but it's always a 2 minute board so it's a really dumb hit to make.

If there is no clean way for him to make the play because of the opponent's position, sounds like a rule that encourages dangerous behavior. There should be some kind of repercussions for failing to protect yourself in a way that games the system (in a perfect world)

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
dude, dont victim blame. it was a bad hit, and shouldn't have been made. names isn't dirty, so it was a mistake

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
If there is no clean way for him to make the play because of the opponent's position, sounds like a rule that encourages dangerous behavior. There should be some kind of repercussions for failing to protect yourself in a way that games the system (in a perfect world)
Nah - that's not how it works. In a perfect world you don't hit a player in a vulnerable position. The Red Wings player did nothing wrong there - sometimes you can't hit someone.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Nah - that's not how it works. In a perfect world you don't hit a player in a vulnerable position. The Red Wings player did nothing wrong there - sometimes you can't hit someone.
Yep. It's not like you can take a run at a puckless player and then point out "it's not my fault he didn't have the puck!".

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think there was going to be a penalty on Hedman, so if the challenge fails, it's a goal for them and a 5-on-3 powerplay, or..?

.. Obviously the penalty for Hedman then is removed. I can't think.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
I think there was going to be a penalty on Hedman, so if the challenge fails, it's a goal for them and a 5-on-3 powerplay, or..?

Neither.

Challenge wins - No goal, Hedman goes to the box.

Challenge loses - Goal. Resume play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad