SH4TDnt.png

HRfY77m.png

Jgz8egV.png

n9ZQoCX.png

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Red Wings should come back to Earth eventually. Let's hope it's tonight.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This should be a winnable game for us provided that we do not take several stupid penalties. If we stay out of the box and force them to beat us 5 on 5 then I do like our odds for a win. Or the other thing that can happen is that we come out disinterested, let them push us around, we take 4 bad penalties and we get schooled by a team that was picked to finish near the bottom of the Eastern Conference.

Then we grab our Angry Buddy and sing the Angry Buddy song.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This should be a winnable game for us provided that we do not take several stupid penalties. If we stay out of the box and force them to beat us 5 on 5 then I do like our odds for a win. Or the other thing that can happen is that we come out disinterested, let them push us around, we take 4 bad penalties and we get schooled by a team that was picked to finish near the bottom of the Eastern Conference.

Angry Buddy is my deranged Cousin, whom we hardly speak of.

Reactions: The Green Unit

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

I agree with this, we need to be the once that push the pace and not let the the pace be pushed for us since we know the team stuggles then.

Also should be fun to see their new arena "in action" so to speak, haven't seen a lot of it yet.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My only fear is the team has decided they are insta contenders and no longer need to play hard against the lowly Red Wings.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
When.... the......

Lightning start losing say the system doesn't work!
Just grab your Angry Buddy and say these magic words:
"Fire Jon Cooper!! Go chew a piece of gum!
Get off of my hockey team. Your coaching is dumb!"

*fart noise*

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I agree with this, we need to be the once that push the pace and not let the the pace be pushed for us since we know the team stuggles then.

Also should be fun to see their new arena "in action" so to speak, haven't seen a lot of it yet.

If we play with the speed we saw against Pittsburgh and in the last period of the Capitals game they won't stand a chance. Agree with your comment. We have to push the pace. If we do that against them (or anyone for that matter) we are going to be near impossible to beat

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Speaking of angry, Little angry with Cally's ice-time. Dude is trying to get on the score-sheet. But whatever, team is doing well, right?

He's been a key contributor. I'd like to see his icetime up too, but having a borderline dominant fourth line has been a breath of fresh air. My guess is we'll see him back on the PP when Killer cools off. All of our scorers are playing pretty well right now, so it's a little hard to justify removing one from the PP.

I've been loving Callahan's PK work though.

And, you never know, keeping his minutes low early on might pay dividends later in the season. We're obviously a better team when he's at 100%.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Sorry, I am stepping on Brie's toes here.

Oh no you didn't...

J/K, I just saw it myself, my computer doesn't work so I'm always late to the party these days. Hopefully he's just taking practice off and will be fine tonight though with our team you never know what anything means.

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's been a key contributor. I'd like to see his icetime up too, but having a borderline dominant fourth line has been a breath of fresh air. My guess is we'll see him back on the PP when Killer cools off. All of our scorers are playing pretty well right now, so it's a little hard to justify removing one from the PP.

I've been loving Callahan's PK work though.

And, you never know, keeping his minutes low early on might pay dividends later in the season. We're obviously a better team when he's at 100%.

Keeping his mins around 13 to 14 mins should certainly help his longevity and won't be as banged up down the road. I just feel he has gotten stuck on this 4th line, because it has been very good. So it's not a bad thing. Kunitz has certainly helped the situation, especially when it was just Brown and Paquette there last season, which the line had no offense at all. This 4th line reminds me of the Rangers 4th line last season. Grabner/Vesey - Lindberg- Fast, Those guys were able to individually contribute 20 to 30 points a season.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh no you didn't...

J/K, I just saw it myself, my computer doesn't work so I'm always late to the party these days. Hopefully he's just taking practice off and will be fine tonight though with our team you never know what anything means.

Could be nothing, but if it is doubt he will miss much time if any. I think he was blocking shots in the end of last game. Kid can do it all.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Could be nothing, but if it is doubt he will miss much time if any. I think he was blocking shots in the end of last game. Kid can do it all.

I've noticed he's taking many, if not all, of our late-game, empty net faceoffs. Really crazy how quickly this kid has turned himself into a go-to guy in all situations. I think he's become my favorite player.

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Speaking of angry, Little angry with Cally's ice-time. Dude is trying to get on the score-sheet. But whatever, team is doing well, right?
He brings a puck possession depth we were desperately lacking . Wouldn't mind seeing him sharing PP ice time with Namestnikov as a front net presence but overall he's perfectly spotted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad