vlb7uvP.png

A6ENVlH.png

44R0mfL.png

n9ZQoCX.png

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Blues usually suck the life out of our game. Hopefully we can impose our game on them instead.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Blues usually suck the life out of our game. Hopefully we can impose our game on them instead.
Same could be said about the Pens and the Caps too. I'm hopeful.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
We usually play well against the blues and then lose the game on some defensive breakdown late in the third. Hopefully i can watch a hungry team tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We usually play well against the blues and then lose the game on some defensive breakdown late in the third. Hopefully i can watch a hungry team tonight.

That's in line with my memory too. I remember feeling like the Blues will slaughter us only to be pleasantly surprised with how well we match up.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hopefully they keep it up. We've played our two best games I've seen in a while. They need to keep up the intensity and be fired up to play another top team in the Blues. Go Bolts!

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Let's go :bolts!!

I know it's early, but I can't believe Point is hanging at the top of our goal/points list with Kuch! The kid just keeps getting better and better.

Was shocked by Killorn's 4 assist night. Mood: extremely cautious optimism??

Hedman is beginning to re-find his beast mode (though he still shoots wide at least TWICE a game, lol). His skating just seems so effortless and smooth. The Stammer/Kuch/Heddy PP unit is just ungodly scary!!

And for those who were wondering if Strålman was slowing down with age, he's been more like his two-career-seasons self, even considering how much of training camp he missed due to injury. 3 pts in 4 games. 2nd highest TOI. Getting some decent looks and shots on net including during the PP. And a fricking +8 (tied for 2nd in league) when we've had so many goals scored against us all while babysitting Sergachev or Koekkoek. Yes, I know the stat is out of favor these days, but still... :eek:

As erratic as our defense has played at some times, they did find the answer to shutting down Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby, just play Hedman and Strålman for 25+ minutes a night. :D

I do wonder how the minutes will be distributed tonight between Sergachev and Koekkoek if they are both playing.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Hope that we can keep building on what we have going and work hard, will be interesting to see the lineup since I'm really liking the 7/11 thing but I wonder if we'öö keep doing it or not but as long as we keep getting points from our 'd' I'd say it doesn't hurt.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hope that we can keep building on what we have going and work hard, will be interesting to see the lineup since I'm really liking the 7/11 thing but I wonder if we'öö keep doing it or not but as long as we keep getting points from our 'd' I'd say it doesn't hurt.

Yup. Coop has been talking about how there needs to be secondary scoring and that the d needs to contribute more. He should be pretty happy with that side of their playing right now.

In 4 GP:
Strålman 3A
Hedman 1G 1A
Koekkoek 2G
Coburn 2A
Sergachev 1A

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Coburn and Girardi have played surprisingly well so far as a third pairing, I hope they can keep up. With Hedman and Strålman anchoring one pair each I'm happy to use Serg, KK and Dotchin for those spots, given KKs last game I hope he can get a bit more ice time tonight! I don't want to see Sustr in the line-up at this point, all of the other guys are much better options.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Let's go :bolts!!

I know it's early, but I can't believe Point is hanging at the top of our goal/points list with Kuch! The kid just keeps getting better and better.

Was shocked by Killorn's 4 assist night. Mood: extremely cautious optimism??

Hedman is beginning to re-find his beast mode (though he still shoots wide at least TWICE a game, lol). His skating just seems so effortless and smooth. The Stammer/Kuch/Heddy PP unit is just ungodly scary!!

And for those who were wondering if Strålman was slowing down with age, he's been more like his two-career-seasons self, even considering how much of training camp he missed due to injury. 3 pts in 4 games. 2nd highest TOI. Getting some decent looks and shots on net including during the PP. And a fricking +8 (tied for 2nd in league) when we've had so many goals scored against us all while babysitting Sergachev or Koekkoek. Yes, I know the stat is out of favor these days, but still... :eek:

As erratic as our defense has played at some times, they did find the answer to shutting down Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby, just play Hedman and Strålman for 25+ minutes a night. :D

I do wonder how the minutes will be distributed tonight between Sergachev and Koekkoek if they are both playing.

It's not like other teams don't do this when necessary.

We can manage his minutes against weaker teams if we have to. But against top tier opponents, let's use our top-3 Dman who happens to be in the prime of his career.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Tonight will be made or broken by our ability to use our speed. If we play like we did against Pittsburgh we shouldn't have a problem. I just pray we aren't gathered around the kool-aid dispenser chugging as much as we can and we are going to stay humble and hard working because that's the only way we're gonna win this one

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
This is the type of game we usually lose, and lose badly. I’d like to see that change.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
It's not like other teams don't do this when necessary.

We can manage his minutes against weaker teams if we have to. But against top tier opponents, let's use our top-3 Dman who happens to be in the prime of his career.

Absolutely! Most teams give their #1 &#2 D more TOI than Cooper usually gives Hedman & Strålman, though Heddy's been hitting the 25+ mark a bit more these last three games. So it's been great to see them both getting higher minutes. Doesn't seem to bother them at all. I remember seeing them both play 29+ minutes on the big ice for the gold medal game at the World Championships with no problem. Didn't even look winded though that might have been partly due to the euphoria of winning. :cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad