GDT: 10/12/13 - Dallas @ Minnesota - 7:00PM CDT - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Just got back. Impressed with the entire team outside of the second line. Loving how we're out-shooting all our opponents, allowing so few shots, and just outplaying them in general. Still waiting for Heatley and Pominville to show up this season. Heater has been slightly better the last two games (that's not saying much) but Pommers is still invisible. He had one decent chance on the side of the net but didn't raise it up enough. And why is Matt Cooke the only person on this team who's willing to try a wrap-a-round? Seriously, even Parise isn't doing it and he thrives on stuff like that. Oh, and I don't care if Backstrom comes back healthy as early as tomorrow, you ride Harding for as long as you can now.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Didn't get a chance to see the game, but looking at the box score looks like we dominated!! We've been playing well all season and deserved this one for sure.

But does anyone wanna run down who looked especially good, etc?

I would really appreciate it.

Do you guys think Dumba stays? He looks, at minimum, like a powerplay asset for sure.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I couldn't do it... To watch the game. tried hard though. It was 1-0 when I fell asleep. And woke up from a sofa in the morning. Good to hear that they scored some goals!

Billy Mays Here*

Didn't get a chance to see the game, but looking at the box score looks like we dominated!! We've been playing well all season and deserved this one for sure.

Do you guys think Dumba stays? He looks, at minimum, like a powerplay asset for sure.

Was at the game so I can comment a bit on your question.

Not sure any one player in particular stood out tonight as far better than the others but I thought Cooke, Fonatine, Parise, and Ballard all played quite well. Actually I'd say Cooke was our best player tonight. Koivu was more noticeable, Nino too, and Harding was solid. Really not a bad game from any player, but I'd say our second line didn't do a whole lot. Pommers had a decent chance and Heater had a nice pass to Dumba for the PP goal but that's about it really. Fourth line wasn't real noticeable either, but they certainly didn't play bad and didn't make any mistakes, which is good too.

Not sure yet if Dumba stays or not. He's got a good shot and is useful on the PP but is still pretty raw overall. He makes at least one or two poor decisions each game, but has been lucky so far that none of them have resulted in anything serious. I'd be curious to see how he reacts if Yeo gave him some more minutes.

OpRedDawn*

Dumba has to stay. Even without the goal, the dude is everywhere he needs to be. He would learn best at this point by playing against dem pros

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Niederreiter was absolutely dominant tonight. Granlund had a few really sick passes... one of these days his line mates will start to cash in on them and the flood gates will open on that line. Suter was Suter, Brodin was Brodin, the top line looks great, the 3rd line looks great, Harding was rarely tested but still played great... Heatley was more involved than he has been...

JamesRanger

Sep 23, 2011
Plymouth
I've been positive this whole season even after the first 3 games. At this point I'm am starting to get excited about this team. I really think this team is building a force to be reckoned with.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Pointless contribution,....but seeing Whitney..the master of puck skills get 49 seconds of PP time vs Peverly 2+ mins makes me laugh.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Great game! Nobody was bad, everyone played well.

Heatley had a strong game. I hope he continues to play like that. Dumba is clearly here to stay, Scandella needs to sit. I really like Granlund's passing and forechecking, but he really needs to shoot more. He has a solid wrist shot and he should use it more.

Harding is excellent. I'd be more than happy to roll with Harding as a #1 even when Bäcks is healthy.

Also, I'm starting to like the Niederreiter trade even more. Excellent player.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Just a question i'm hoping someone here can answer..

Harding has allowed 3 goals in 3 appearances this season, have they all been powerplay goals scored against him? I know for sure the second and third goals he allowed were powerplay's against with the second being a 5-3. Just curious because no 5-5 goals scored against would be a nice stat. lol :laugh:

Edit: Just checked myself and the only 3 goals Harding has allowed through 3 appearances are: penalty shot, 5-3, 5-4. =D

Last edited:

Quicy

Jun 24, 2012
Got to go to my first game in 4 years and it was a fun one to watch. I really liked seeing Fontaine on that third line, really gives that line another dimension. Getting 2 breakways while PKing was exciting, even if Brodziak did nothing with his chance.

Beating the dead horse here, Heatley is really holding down that second line, especially when it comes to breaking the puck out of their own zone.

Harding made some key saves in the first period when the game was so close. His athleticism really was a factor. Just my two cents...

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Solid effort by me, fell asleep 2 hours before the game and woke up 2 hours after it ended. Then managed to spoil the score by accidentally looking at the news and then just watched highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad