GDT: 10/10/13 - Winnipeg @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CDT - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I was in section 120, row 18. took advantage of those discounted college night tix. The dumb dumbs behind us would walk infront of the people behind us as play was going on. The ushers used to be hardcore about not letting people into the isle until play stopped. not sure why this has seemed to have changed.

Ah ok, so the opposite side of the rink in the corner right? I'm in 110/109 for our season tickets.

Seems like there were more Jets fans over there since obviously they shoot toward that side.

Yeah, we had a couple of people do that....one almost when a goal went in and it's somewhat frustrating.

We have seats in two sections, the aisle ones in 110 I get up a lot less than I do in 109, which seems like I have to get up 3 times per period, then every intermission, etc. Gets tiring after awhile. I'm there for the hockey though, nothing else.

OpRedDawn*

Good game overall, still way too close to a fricken meltdown. If hards doesn't make that nice save with a few seconds, it'd be another OT loss I suspect. Gotta bury dem chances.

Btw, when was the last time this team scored an empty netter? Pretty sure we're the worst in the league at it

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They scouted the crap out of Nino. they knew he wasn't what he looked like in NYI...he was no James Sheppard.

The Islanders only have themselves to blame for the Nino situation. They threw him where he didn't belong as a 19yr old then didn't even give him a fair shake after and they were surprised he was upset?

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
r05h8i.jpg

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Great, we won! How did Stoner look? I liked his play on the Cooke goal. Watching the highlights, Granny was very noticeable (and based on your comments, he was pretty good).

Was there any chemistry between #50in07, Pominville and Granlund?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Great, we won! How did Stoner look? I liked his play on the Cooke goal. Watching the highlights, Granny was very noticeable (and based on your comments, he was pretty good).

Yeah, I believe so. I really liked those top 2 lines.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Heatley still doesn't seem to fit well... he did play a bit better than before though. At least he seemed to make an effort to anyway. Granlund and Pominville looked very good together though.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Heatley still doesn't seem to fit well... he did play a bit better than before though. At least he seemed to make an effort to anyway. Granlund and Pominville looked very good together though.

Agreed. Let's hope Coyle continues where he left off so the 2nd line would be.

Granlund/Coyle-Granlund/Coyle-Poms

and Nino would stay in the first line. Dunno which I prefer at the 2nd line center position.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012

I am so impressed with Granlund's play. He has been a completely different player this season. His passing blows me away, he's so talented and it's just so nice seeing him finally having a stable spot not only on a regular line, but one of the top lines.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Agreed. Let's hope Coyle continues where he left off so the 2nd line would be.

Granlund/Coyle-Granlund/Coyle-Poms

and Nino would stay in the first line. Dunno which I prefer at the 2nd line center position.

I prefer Granlund at center and Coyle at wing. Allows Granlund to play to his puck distributing strengths and gets Coyle back to banging along the boards where he can best impact the game.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I cannot complain about any one person. It seemed like everyone played well.

The only gripe that I have is the 0 for 6 on the PP. ITS THE PP! Why do you have to dump the puck in? The only people I saw carry it in was Granlund and Dumba which was followed by us actually controlling the puck in the zone. Could Yeo not change up the strategy after the first 3 PP's? Or is he actually that dumb?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So with how much Mitchell/Brodz/Cooke played together, can we count on them being the new third line? Finally?

Fontaine was alright but I just feel that Mitchell would be better.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
The eye candy at Sensor's was too distracting. Didn't get a good look at the game.

Quote of the night: "When I die I want to come back as a pair of size small yoga pants."

Anyways, good for the team to get that first win out of the way. When I was watching, the team looked good but not great? Nobody stuck out as brilliant or terrible? Harding looked pretty good to me. I thought there was some good puck movement and shooting on the PP. I didn't think they did the "hot goalie" routine but were taking some quality shots.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
While Coyle is away, I think that Cooke would be a better choice for the second line than Heatley. Would screw up the third line, though, and where would you put Heatley?

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011

:handclap:

I feel like Stoner has been quite solid so far this season. Another good game for him.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Good to finally get a win. I think the Wild could of had a few more goals if passing was little cleaner. I liked Nino on the 1st line. I think having a big body on that line helps. Liked the defensive pairings too and hope Stoner can keep playing physical. I'm still waiting for a Dumba hit like the ones I've seen on Youtube. I'd keep the same line up for Saturday, and hopefully when Coyle gets back, can get Heatley off the 2nd line.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Probably the team's most complete game to this point, obviously. They seemed to move up the ice with more of a purpose than in games past. Few things:

• Hope to never see Konopka on the ice for a 5-3 kill again.

• Nino with Parise seems to make a little more sense than Pominville in that he's a tad more willing and has the frame to go into the corners and battle along with Parise.

• Part of me wants to see what Granlund looks like with Parise...

• Ballard was a bit of a roller coaster last night. A few terrible, terrible turnovers that could have easily cost the Wild. He needs to play a bit more of a quieter game. Tends to force things that just aren't there.

• At this point I think you keep playing Dumba until/if he shows he doesn't belong at this level. No reason why he should be in the pressbox again and having Scandella/Prosser/Stoner playing over him.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava

• At this point I think you keep playing Dumba until/if he shows he doesn't belong at this level. No reason why he should be in the pressbox again and having Scandella/Prosser/Stoner playing over him.

Stoner has been playing well, imo. He's been steady. I agree that Dumba should get the nod over Scandy and Prosser.

I also thought Pominville looked better on the second line, just like he looked better off the top line last year.

Yup, agreed. Was more aggressive offensively. Overall better.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Stoner has been playing well, imo. He's been steady. I agree that Dumba should get the nod over Scandy and Prosser.

Stoner has been playing well in relative terms, but I'm not really ready to give him the benefit of the doubt over his body of work. At this point it's probably best to have him in the line-up due to what he brings physically, but if it's between him and Dumba to get into the game, I don't see how the nod goes to Stoner unless Dumba's game falls off.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Oh gawd...it's starting already. I found this gem from the Jet's postgame thread:

I was excited about having Minnesota in our division for the sake of being geographical rivals, but as a former Canucks fan tonight reminded me just how big of a stinker these Minny games usually turn out to be. Just god awful... sadly mostly at the fault of our own team this time, not the way they play.

He did caveat his post saying the Jet's had a part in the game being "boring". Funny, I didn't find the game boring at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad