Confirmed with Link: 1 year deal for D Steven Kampfer

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
These Griffins-signings should be informed as Griffins signings.

Real Red Wings signings will start happening after July 1st.
Well when the Red Wings Twitter account is the one breaking the news, what do you want people to do?

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
It appears he was attacked from behind after the woman left, and the football player/wrestler was convicted of misdemeanor assault. Sounds like a football fan wrote the Wiki article, lol, and the judge is probably a booster. Sounds like Kampfer is the one who got screwed.

Ah yes, I forgot that the story that came out of the court case was that the attack was from behind. I just remember hearing a lot about it at the time since my buddy I graduated with was the SID for Michigan hockey back then. And at the time, whoa were there a lot of conflicting accounts. I mean, I guess that's kind of expected since the 15ish people who either participated in it, or witnessed it, were shit-faced college kids at 4am lol.

Anyway, I fixed the wikipedia page. It was poorly written and poorly cited. And it's noteworthy, here at least, that Kampfer was not charged, let alone convicted, of anything. Dude was a shit-talker, on the ice and off, but he didn't assault anyone.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Anyway, I fixed the wikipedia page. It was poorly written and poorly cited. And it's noteworthy, here at least, that Kampfer was not charged, let alone convicted, of anything. Dude was a shit-talker, on the ice and off, but he didn't assault anyone.

Nice, I'm sure he'd appreciate that. Seems like the Wiki page was written by a football booster, very misleading garbage. Glad I looked it up and got the "real" story, as real as it gets for a bunch of drunk kids like you said.

Reactions: jaster

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
This May-June time is always so damn annoying, when NHL teams are publishing their AHL contracts.

What is Yzerman thinking!
Hirose isn't any answer!
Holland should get fired after extending Lashoff!

It always goes to this lunatism, when they don't inform enough, who this is guy signed under Red Wings but going to play to farm team. No shit speculation after that. Everyone knows instantly that guys like Hirose and Kampfer will be Griffins core-players at next season.
For about the last decade we see these signings, think the bum is gonna play in the AHL, and then watch free agency come and go and the guy plays 70 games in the NHL.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it again.

Left handed

May 8, 2018
Interestingly, CapFriendly has him on the main roster. Any word on whether this is a 2-way contract? Doesn't seem to fit any of our needs.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
For about the last decade we see these signings, think the bum is gonna play in the AHL, and then watch free agency come and go and the guy plays 70 games in the NHL.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it again.

Do you have any examples of this? I can’t think of a single player in recent history who was signed to a two-way contract as an AHL depth guy and then played a significant amount of NHL games.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Do you have any examples of this? I can’t think of a single player in recent history who was signed to a two-way contract as an AHL depth guy and then played a significant amount of NHL games.

McIlrath got 16 games, that's the most for an UFA with a 2 way contract.

I think the bigger problem is that AHL talent were signed (or acquired) with one way contracts, such as Biega, Djoos, Erne (PoS), Perlini, etc.

I'm not counting prospects that were on two way such as Cholo, Hirose, etc.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why? The contract being two way or one way affects nothing but how much they get paid in the AHL

Because it indicates that they signed him for GR, not the Wings. Teams don't deliberately sign AHL players to one way contracts.

I think McIlrath is the highest paid AHL player right now at $450k ($475 next season), that's still considerably less than NHL veteran min.

Reactions: Left handed

Left handed

May 8, 2018
Because it indicates that they signed him for GR, not the Wings. Teams don't deliberately sign AHL players to one way contracts.

I think McIlrath is the highest paid AHL player right now at $450k ($475 next season), that's still considerably less than NHL veteran min.
Right. He’s likely not filling a slot on the Wings full time. That’s good news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad