Confirmed with Link: 1 year deal for D Steven Kampfer

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Dude has barely cracked NHL rosters in the past. This is a depth signing, not a replacement for a top 4 guy. Just giving a Michigan boy a chance to play some games with the Wings. Probably a 6-7 d or GR
I suspect he'll be a top guy for GR, likely a replacement for Ryan Murphy.

My Hronek replacement comment was just a little taunting of those who want Hronek traded :naughty:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
img_2723.gif

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Dude sounds like a real winner if you read his Wiki bio.

Hopefully just GR depth, maybe a Renouf replacement.

Edit: Strikethrough because the wiki page was BS. News article linked further down.....

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
6th best KHL defansman last season
My guess he will be mentor for our young defense core , particularly to Johansson.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
6th best KHL defansman last season
My guess he will be mentor for our young defense core , particularly to Johansson.
Mentor them on how to be a mediocre journeyman that ends up overseas ?

Should be a Grand Rapids only signing.
He has proven time and again he isn’t NHL caliber and has only gotten older.

Osterle has already clinched the 7th D spot. Because he has no business playing in the league, but has a 1.7M salary.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Mentor them on how to be a mediocre journeyman that ends up overseas ?

Should be a Grand Rapids only signing.
He has proven time and again he isn’t NHL caliber and has only gotten older.

Osterle has already clinched the 7th D spot. Because he has no business playing in the league, but has a 1.7M salary.
We going to have couple European youngsters in the AHL next season. This guy knows about NA and European hockey , so he could help

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Isn't this the guy that got beat up by a football player when he was at U-M?
"Beat up" might be a little misleading, but yeah. The football player certainly got the best of him. They were talking shit to each other over a Michigan gymnast who got off on starting drama, and the football player leg-tackled him head on (claiming it was in defense because Kampfer was winding up to punch him). Kampfer went down, slammed his head on the sidewalk, and was knocked out and concussed. Football player left the scene.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Thought the name was familiar; I was following MSU that season. Thanks.
Yeah, and it was only a few months later, after Kampfer made it back on the ice, that MSU's Conboy clothes-lined him and suck-punched him in the back of the head while Tropp slashed him across his neck, heh. Rough season for Kampfer, physically.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
"Beat up" might be a little misleading, but yeah. The football player certainly got the best of him. They were talking shit to each other over a Michigan gymnast who got off on starting drama, and the football player leg-tackled him head on (claiming it was in defense because Kampfer was winding up to punch him). Kampfer went down, slammed his head on the sidewalk, and was knocked out and concussed. Football player left the scene.

It appears he was attacked from behind after the woman left, and the football player/wrestler was convicted of misdemeanor assault. Sounds like a football fan wrote the Wiki article, lol, and the judge is probably a booster. Sounds like Kampfer is the one who got screwed.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This May-June time is always so damn annoying, when NHL teams are publishing their AHL contracts.

What is Yzerman thinking!
Hirose isn't any answer!
Holland should get fired after extending Lashoff!

It always goes to this lunatism, when they don't inform enough, who this is guy signed under Red Wings but going to play to farm team. No shit speculation after that. Everyone knows instantly that guys like Hirose and Kampfer will be Griffins core-players at next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad