GDT: #1 Part 2 - Devils/Flyers blown leads galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Loved him! Loved Daneyko also.

Ditto this. For all Maclean didn't really prove as a coach, he's still a guy who's been around the league a lot as a star player, and he still spent a fair amount of time coaching in both pro leagues, so he's really seen firsthand how the game has progressed through all its eras since the 80s. Really liked his insights.

I think Daneyko's just gonna get better and better as he gets more used to the gig.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I thought Johnny was very insightful. I'm glad he's back with the team in any sort of capacity.

Dano impressed me, I really enjoy his brutal honestly on plays. He's not the undying homer that Chico was. Chico would only get brutally honest when he seemed incredibly sauced. :laugh: I still miss that lovable oaf though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Daneyko talked a little too much, but it wasn't ever empty space.

Dano's has a lot of passion for the Devils and the game of hockey.
He can talk all night if they'd let him.

He did talk over the first two Devils goals, not giving Cangy a chance to call them.

But I liked what Dano and Johnny Mac brought to the table last night.
From a style perspective, Mac should lose those Clark Kent glasses.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
Daneyko really worked hard on his game in the offseason. I thought he was excellent.

The difference in the broadcast this year was most striking after Cammalleri's first goal. Steve, as usual, had no idea what happened but instead of Chico's "Did Severson get a piece of that one, Steve? OooooooooOOO I see now, he definitely deflected the shot. Wait, Steve, that's 23, not 28. MIKE CAMMALLERI! This is a tremendous play, Steve! (After 9 replays) Did he deflect it THROUGH HIS LEGS? WOW!! HE DID!!"

Instead of that mess, Dano saw exactly what happened right away and described it in detail before there was even a replay.

I realize that isn't the highest bar to clear, but after years of the other stuff it was very refreshing.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Daneyko really worked hard on his game in the offseason. I thought he was excellent.

The difference in the broadcast this year was most striking after Cammalleri's first goal. Steve, as usual, had no idea what happened but instead of Chico's "Did Severson get a piece of that one, Steve? OooooooooOOO I see now, he definitely deflected the shot. Wait, Steve, that's 23, not 28. MIKE CAMMALLERI! This is a tremendous play, Steve! (After 9 replays) Did he deflect it THROUGH HIS LEGS? WOW!! HE DID!!"

Instead of that mess, Dano saw exactly what happened right away and described it in detail before there was even a replay.

I realize that isn't the highest bar to clear, but after years of the other stuff it was very refreshing.

You mean you didn't like the "Devils got a penalty... oh wait, it's just icing." moments? :laugh:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I love Dano but not as the color guy, he knows the game and has good insights but he just talks too much. His hoarse, monotone, droning voice is awful for broadcasting lol.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
I love Dano but not as the color guy, he knows the game and has good insights but he just talks too much. His hoarse, monotone, droning voice is awful for broadcasting lol.

During play, he needs to make his point quickly and concisely ... not draw it out and be repetitive so that he is talking while the puck is going end to end.

I am sure that will improve over time; to be fair, that style is much more conducive to the between-periods and Hockey Night in NY roles that he had up until now.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
During play, he needs to make his point quickly and concisely ... not draw it out and be repetitive so that he is talking while the puck is going end to end.

I am sure that will improve over time; to be fair, that style is much more conducive to the between-periods and Hockey Night in NY roles that he had up until now.

Dano has never done anything quickly - on the ice or off. :sarcasm:

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Hey so let's talk about how Deboer played Salvador and Zidlicky more than any other pairing. I wonder if that has anything to do with blown leads and goals against? I get wanting to shelter Severson to start off, but we absolutely can't handicap our top pairing when pairings with Salvador and Gelinas are the alternatives.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Hey so let's talk about how Deboer played Salvador and Zidlicky more than any other pairing. I wonder if that has anything to do with blown leads and goals against? I get wanting to shelter Severson to start off, but we absolutely can't handicap our top pairing when pairings with Salvador and Gelinas are the alternatives.

The best 20 guys will play or something like that. :shakehead And then we have people defending the ministry of truth when they make ridiculous, illogical statements like this. Say one thing. Do the other. Tell your fans to 'eat it' since they are just lowly fans as opposed to the professionals LOL. The devils mantra. I have nothing but contempt for the front office because they treat the fans like children.

Last edited:

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I have nothing but contempt for the front office because they treat the fans like children.

This is incredible. Did you become a fan in the 80s? This front office has been in place for nearly 25 years. And Lou / his way isn't going anywhere. Why not choose another team / stop following? That's what happened in Chicago. People hated how Wirtz ran the team and they stayed away. It can be done. Otherwise, get over it, because it ain't changing.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
This is incredible. Did you become a fan in the 80s? This front office has been in place for nearly 25 years. And Lou / his way isn't going anywhere. Why not choose another team / stop following? That's what happened in Chicago. People hated how Wirtz ran the team and they stayed away. It can be done. Otherwise, get over it, because it ain't changing.

Lou isn't a spring chicken. Secondly, he has a huge task at hand that he's simply not up to snuff to handle. He's gone in less than 5 years. Mark it down.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

That was a joke. If this becomes the regular for Salvador, I don't see how he isn't the worst top 6 defenseman in the division.

I'm used to him being bad. Last night was a joke though. Bouncing back for him, would be to have an an awful season rather than an absolutely horrific one.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

Oh my god, that was so spot on I couldn't help but hear Chico as I read it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad