Prospect Info: #1 Nico Hischier (C): "I love to hockey" Update: Signed. Will wear #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicoEatsNachos

Jan 14, 2016
Little Ferry NJ
I usually don't work on Fridays so I had lots of time to watch Nico highlights on YouTube today before the draft. I had been torn/slightly pro-Nolan but I am so, so hyped now!

I wasn't a fan of this team when they were great so drafting Nico has been one of the most exciting things and definitely the most consequential thing to happen over the course of my fandom.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I'm hyped. Seems like a great kid. Wonder where he slots in the lineup next year? Try him with Taylor or maybe next to Zacha?

I think he needs to play with Palmieri on the right wing to be the shooter on that line....but can zajac play with Hall or do we leave Rico with Hall?

Why I wanted that right handed counterman.....

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Imagine a line of Hall, Nico, and McLeod?

theres no way that isn't the fastest line in the league

Speed is one thing, but can McLeod make quick decisions at that speed? Hall has proven that he processes the game very fast and so does Nico.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
First time I was really aware of Hischier was at the world juniors. I remember watching him against team USA and going "whoah, this guy pushes the play just like Hall does".

Elias is on board. Patrick wanted to be a Flyer. There's a picture of a little Nico wearing a Devils jersey.

Love the pick. Welcome Nico!

Let's go Devils!

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
I saw conflicting reports.

There's no conflict. He's in the NHL or back to Halifax. I don't think there's a chance he goes back to Halifax unless he comes into camp and is just completely unready. Thats very unlikely with a #1 overall.

The only scenario he would be AHL eligible is if he was drafted from Bern, which means he'd have been a loanee to Halifax. He wasn't. He was a full transfer from Bern to Halifax which makes him a CHL draftee. He's not AHL eligible.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
lqSm7gk.gif

Elias the oracle. Really ecstatic we got the Nico. ANIME GIFS FOR 20 YEARS!

C2pu5th.gif

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Zacha and Nico.... both seem like the bleed Devils red. both seems so happy to be with the org :D

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Would have been happy with either guy. So glad we didn't trade down, welcome NICO! Devils will have no problem selling jerseys now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad