Prospect Info: #1 Nico Hischier (C): "I love to hockey" Update: Signed. Will wear #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
TSN does not even have a single word about the #1 overall pick signing his ELC with the Devils. No biggie, TSN is just a small market news outlet when it comes to hockey....

I just think it's embarrassing for them...

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
TSN does not even have a single word about the #1 overall pick signing his ELC with the Devils. No biggie, TSN is just a small market news outlet when it comes to hockey....

Who cares?

I'd rather it this way. He's not going to have much pressure on him this way. The alternative would be to treat him as another Matthews/McDavid when he's likely a step down from those two.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I heard he got winded signing his ELC because he's only got to write a few times in the last couple months.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
^ the koreans? careful there, OmNomNom....

But back to the original point : TSN sucks.

1. its okay i'm asian :sarcasm:
2. in bergen they have full on sauna/spas with full service food and hot tubs and cool rooms. i don't mean THOSE types of spas, if that's what you're getting at. look up king's spa

better yet, GO to kings spa. it's something that's underappreciated as a part of NJ

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
not sure if anyone else answered this, but dorholt is the best. i believe he has a HF account, so you can send him a PM, but i think this is his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/dorholtcustomsports/about/

Has anyone been able to get in touch with him? sent an email a week or so ago and haven't heard back yet.. I want to get some Reebok blanks custom stitched before they are sold out.

FYI, Dorholt is awesome. Handsewn nameplates and numbers rather than the ******** ironed on nameplate at the store. Also makes swapping the nameplates much easier as there's no issues with glue.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site

Better than clicking on ESPN and seeing the first 5 articles about Lonzo Ball. Jesus they're promotion of the NBA is just absurd. Worst sport ever too.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Question to pass the time.

Nico have a shot to beat Elias team totals?

Yes I know it's a long way off and a lot can happen and rarely do players stay their entire time with one team. That being said the devils obviously want to make him the cornerstone here and getting playing time so early and in a more "friendly" NHL. Think he can?

Just figure something different to talk

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Who cares?

I'd rather it this way. He's not going to have much pressure on him this way. The alternative would be to treat him as another Matthews/McDavid when he's likely a step down from those two.

This level is almost unreal for a Swiss player.

I remember some years ago reading something on Sven Baertschi who was surprised someone would carry his bags from the bus to the locker room. :laugh:

This guy is 18 yrs old and may have a huge pressure on him to deliver.
At least he seems to be confident in his ability but , hey .... 1 year ago he was here in Switzerland were you don't have this start system at all.
I guess the less advertisement or publicity or public attraction he has, the better it will be.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Guess who holds a share in TSN? You guessed it! ESPN!

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
This level is almost unreal for a Swiss player.

I remember some years ago reading something on Sven Baertschi who was surprised someone would carry his bags from the bus to the locker room. :laugh:

This guy is 18 yrs old and may have a huge pressure on him to deliver.
At least he seems to be confident in his ability but , hey .... 1 year ago he was here in Switzerland were you don't have this start system at all.
I guess the less advertisement or publicity or public attraction he has, the better it will be.

I got the sense after we drafted him and whisked him to NYC and other places touting him that not only was he very comfortable in the position of being the new face of the Devils, he truly embraced it and not in an egotistical way either.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Question to pass the time.

Nico have a shot to beat Elias team totals?

Yes I know it's a long way off and a lot can happen and rarely do players stay their entire time with one team. That being said the devils obviously want to make him the cornerstone here and getting playing time so early and in a more "friendly" NHL. Think he can?

Just figure something different to talk

Well I don't think Patty played his first full season until 21, so if Nico were to make the team this year it would be a nice head start. But like you said, injuries and other factors make it way too hard to predict.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The NHL page for facebook nor their twitter had a post about Nico signing, but they did have a post about the Rangers signing their pick, the 7th over all pick.............. my god. This organization gets zero respect. We get the first overall pick and sign him and nothing about it from them the day of it happening.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Idk about that I think the NHL account retweeted the devils account when they announced the signing. And I was just on twitter and saw they tweeted about it. Not that it matters anyway lol

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Has anyone been able to get in touch with him? sent an email a week or so ago and haven't heard back yet.. I want to get some Reebok blanks custom stitched before they are sold out.

Dorholt did my Hischier/Patrick nameplates back in May. Which email address did you have? I think he might have changed in the last year or two.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I got the sense after we drafted him and whisked him to NYC and other places touting him that not only was he very comfortable in the position of being the new face of the Devils, he truly embraced it and not in an egotistical way either.

I agree that he seems fully comfortable in this position.

If suddenly he hits a desert period or something like that is more what i would fear.

Not following particularly 1 team or another, rather the teams where Swiss player are, i saw more problems in Toronto, Montreal, where they play "under the microscope" than in Tampa or Anaheim !

So having massive medias covering you while eating a hamburger with your sister is fine, but if he enters a difficult period ... will it be the same?. Medias rejoice at was sells.

Whatever ... i wish him an you all the best. I was sad that it didn't work out with Brunner. Hopefully Hischier will be the good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->