GDT: 1/9/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I really hate to tell you this, but Lindback was terrible tonight. Again. It doesn't matter if you make a save on a breakaway if you turn around and let in 3 terrible goals. The first, second, and fourth goals need to be stopped. There is no excuse.

All we can hope for is Bishop to be healthy sooner rather than later.

The only thing saving us right now is Boston is on that brutal west coast trip and is losing games too. The sad thing is with Bishop we probably would have overtaken them after tonight for the division lead.

I actually thought the third goal may have been the softest all night, both in how it went in and when factoring in the situation. Eight seconds left in the period, and you can't keep your ****ing pad on the ice and let it slide under you? That shot almost never goes in on any goaltender in the league. Considering how quick he gets down in the butterfly, how can you not keep your pad down?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
you all obviously dont read that was a post by someone who writes for tampa lightning at times. Obviously not hired to do this. She in the last few years has added nothing to my facebook lightning experience so i wrote that on here to show you how stupid some fans can be.

Now i didnt write the nonsense it got worse honestly she did. I actually blocked her. I should have blocked her when she said stamkos should go down to ahl in his second year when he was a little off and struggling i regret that decision after all ive seen her post this year.

So sorry for confusion lol that was not me writing i was the one making the second and fourth statement about how bad lindback was and she is out of her dammed mind.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How the **** can anyone say Lindback kept us in the game? I mean... he didn't let in any goals from the first to the third, but that's because he faced zero quality shots on net in that time. Everytime there was a scoring opportunity the Caps sent it wide. Lindback was beat every single time.

Seriously, Lindback looked shaky on dump-ins, not to mention actual shots on goal. I think Green dumped it in on net and went off for a change, and Lindback couldn't even glove that cleanly. It was a ****ing gong-show out there.

Also, ten years of ****** goaltending has ****ed up this fanbase's expectation of what a goaltender is supposed to do. When we see a 4 on the scoreboard, it doesn't look that bad, so we think "well, we had a chance to win".

While I agree with all your points, I'm actually thinking it's a bit telling just how LITTLE support there is for Lindback after this one. I haven't seen any "had a bad game" posts or whatever. The one guy who didn't trash Lindback, that I've seen, is the Boltsprospect guy, who I'm convinced has either very little clue what he's talking about or isn't the most objective soul.

I guess all I'm saying is, about 99% of folks are with you. And it's actually pretty remarkable how much we posters/fans/nobodies are unified on this one topic. It doesn't happen very often.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
What can I say...

I was at the game...awful...just awful...

What's even worse is I had to drive back to Orlando after watching that ****ing clown **** up another game for us.

That last goal was a combination of Marty having possibly the worst shift of his entire career in which he made two (2!) massive blunders within 20 seconds of each other, the entire GWG play being offside, and Lindback being a **** up. So I guess I can't blame that all on Lindback. But the first 3 goals are on his head.

I am seriously so ****ing done with Lindback. I can't stand to watch him flail around in net anymore. Why can't he catch a puck clean? It's like he's wearing two ******* blockers out there! You're 6'6, dude! Just get between the puck and the net! Why do you find it so hard to do??

And for anyone keeping track at home, this is 6 GA on the last 34 shots for Anders. That is a whopping .823 save percentage if any of you were wondering.

That brings his season total to a sterling .877. That means that Bishop would stop 58 more pucks per 1,000 shots with the same exact team in front. 58! Over only half a season! 58!

Lindback has played in roughly 34% (15 of 44) of the team's games. Lindback has had roughly 29% (358 of 1,240) of the shots against this season. Lindback has allowed roughly 44% (44 of 101) of our goals against this season. Let me do a quick translation here: Lindback has played in only a third of our games but has faced fewer than 30% of our total shots against. This means that the defense is giving up fewer shots when Lindback is in net. Yet Lindback has given up almost HALF of our goals against. Almost HALF despite playing in 1/3 of our games and facing only 3/10 of the total shots.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I am overly mad like everyone. Yet we lost a huge opportunity and this is what is important. Everyone lost as I said they would we should be tied for first. This was a gift game to hold washing to twenty shots and outshoot by 16 and lose.

I have nothing good to add and it hurts besides the whole east but florida lost and they played buffalo lol. We needed this win badly and is just a shame.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Oh Lindback. That was at least one weak goal let in and one almost-goal he misplayed but got lucky. And all Marty had to do with just a minute left on the clock is clear the puck. Instead he turns it over and the Caps score. Bummer.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
The thing i've noticed is that even when we play like ****, we don't really get... worked over like we did last year. No 5-0 games against Ottawa kind of thing. We're still competitive, and can still scare teams. Don't know how Cooper coaches that, but I love it.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
It is absolutely true that St. Louis created the opportunity for the GW Washington goal. He turned the puck over TWICE in that sequence, actually. It was abysmal, and a rare awful shift for Marty, and it came at the worst possible time.

That said, Lindback has an .877 save percentage. I'm not going to dig into any fancy stats or whatever - an .877 S% is a trainwreck in net. You just can't keep going back to that well and expecting everything to be ok in the end. There's a reason why this can be 26-18, and Lindback still has a decisively losing record in the net.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
It is absolutely true that St. Louis created the opportunity for the GW Washington goal. He turned the puck over TWICE in that sequence, actually. It was abysmal, and a rare awful shift for Marty, and it came at the worst possible time.

That said, Lindback has an .877 save percentage. I'm not going to dig into any fancy stats or whatever - an .877 S% is a trainwreck in net. You just can't keep going back to that well and expecting everything to be ok in the end. There's a reason why this can be 26-18, and Lindback still has a decisively losing record in the net.

While that was some ****** play by Marty, those turnovers are nothing new, the difference between last nights game and most other games this season, is that usually we have someone in net capable of keeping us in the game and preventing a goal there, and with Lindback in net, we dont have that final line of Defense, its pretty much guaranteed to go in.

NiceGuyDrP

Nov 15, 2013
I am overly mad like everyone. Yet we lost a huge opportunity and this is what is important. Everyone lost as I said they would we should be tied for first. This was a gift game to hold washing to twenty shots and outshoot by 16 and lose.

I have nothing good to add and it hurts besides the whole east but florida lost and they played buffalo lol. We needed this win badly and is just a shame.

Either your English is really bad or you are confused - Florida beat Buffalo in a shootout last night.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Either your English is really bad or you are confused - Florida beat Buffalo in a shootout last night.

Or your English comprehension skills aren't too great because he said that everybody in the East lost except for Florida :laugh:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
sorry about that messed up the washington and florida won yes but way said it was confusing even to me:)

when did post/prediction was gonna say great day for florida hockey teams. I did instead great day for lightning. We could really use those two points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad