GDT: 1/9/14 - 7:30PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Send Lindback to the AHL, run a Kristers-Lindy combo. Maybe some conditioning will do him some good. Can't see Lindback getting claimed anyway.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
This is the type of game that irks fans have the other goalie be hasek and our goalie play half drunk. I hope guess isn't out too long we need him and bishop.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is the worst part about him. You can literally see the energy sucked out of the team every time he lets one of these in. I would rather play the entire game with an empty net. It's such ******** that we have to steal our goalie games. I wonder if he realizes he's ruining his career who would ever sign this guy again

I'm sure he knows. But I don't think we should make it personal with the guy either. He's not an NHL-caliber goalie, or so it seems lately (when we need him most). A lot of guys aren't. I would like to see us start anybody else, just to give them a look, until Bishop comes back.

On a personal level, I feel kind of bad for Lindy. But this sport is all about winning, and he's making it clear he's not good enough to do it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
36-20 shots. 4-3 Loss.

I know Cooper's going to be diplomatic with his answers tonight, but I also hope he doesn't make excuses for Lindy.

Anyone else hoping to see Desjardins on Saturday?

He did rock a solid .800 save percentage then. IT'S NOT ALL ON HIM!

I really hope Yzerman is on the phone tonight trying to grab a goalie. We don't need a superstar, just a solid guy that can give us .900 goaltending consistently and won't lose games for us.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Can we do anything with Lindback, contract wise? I don't see anyone trading him. I say bring up Gudlevski(spelling?) and give him a shot. If anything it can't be much worse than Lindback.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We kept the Caps to 20 shots. They only had 5 in the 3rd.

Just like the last game, can't give your goalie much less work to do than that.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
loss for words on this one honestly.

painful disgusted even a bit hurt. To outplay this team that badly and come away at home with nothing?

I mean when you can only muster 16 saves wow dammit no one with a bad minus on team held ovie in check.

Loss for words really honestly but this is the guy who feels he should be a starter?

4 goals in 20 shots. No one on team in minus situation meaning all four lines either played as well or out played them. 36 shots to 20 and scoring chances true ones? I mean this is honestly the game that has pissed me off the most all year or tied with two others the ovie game and pitt game pissed me off so maybe the time of that being so long ago has faded a bit.

Well lets look to saturday. Lindback STEP UP its your time you got a job to do.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Wow... From what i saw, the refs cost us this game... And anderp

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
4 Goals on 20 Shots?

mj-laughing.gif

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Boneheaded play from Marty at the end with that **** set of turnovers.

Just so you know, Ovie stick handling at the line on the GWG rush put Grabovski offside. Thankfully the refs had the Caps' backs though.

Slewfoot from Ward on Thompson at about the 3min mark, not called.
Hook on the hands of Johnson from Backstrom on the 2 on 1 where Palat was robbed, not called.

Trip on Pyatt by Ward on the Caps first PP goal, not called.

Lindback giving up 3 ****ing goals on 9shots in the first period? He gave us .800 goaltending in this game. That's ****ing garbage and wouldn't fly in the ECHL.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Can we do anything with Lindback, contract wise? I don't see anyone trading him. I say bring up Gudlevski(spelling?) and give him a shot. If anything it can't be much worse than Lindback.

Could send him through waivers. Could trade him.

Trading him makes a ton of sense. If Labarbera got traded for Future Considerations, we should be able to get something more for him.

Look, I know we paid a lot to bring him here, but at some point you have to cut your losses. He's a young guy and may get better down the road, but Tampa is (thankfully) not in the position to be patient. We're winning now, so we need a goalie that can win now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
18 guys played a pretty solid game tonight, and one didn't. I guess that's the silver lining.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
It's really hard to remember the last time the Lightning held the Capitals to less than three goals in a meeting. It's hard to win when you have to score 4+ goals to even have a chance at winning.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
On a personal level, I feel kind of bad for Lindy. But this sport is all about winning, and he's making it clear he's not good enough to do it.

It drives me nuts when people try to defend him. He's played about the same number of games as Bishop and he's rocking a sub .900 stat.

Look, I'm OK with saying Lindback (you get no umlauts until you earn them) doesn't work in our system or Franz Jean ruined him. Whatever. He's played basically 3 games now. In a row. It hasn't been pretty and he's clearly not a starter for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

So...trade him to a system that appreciates his style. That has really solid, mature defense. We aren't it. We expect goalies to make the intended saves and not go on walkabout randomly.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach

Just so you know, Ovie stick handling at the line on the GWG rush put Grabovski offside. Thankfully the refs had the Caps' backs though.

Hook on the hands of Johnson from Backstrom on the 2 on 1 where Palat was robbed, not called.

Lindback giving up 3 ****ing goals on 9shots in the first period? He gave us .800 goaltending in this game. That's ****ing garbage and wouldn't fly in the ECHL.

I saw this too, I was screaming at the tv and of course they scored on it:shakehead

Lindback was bad

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011

Refs did us no favors on the penalties, but they were calling it pretty loose all game so that isn't a shock. The offside call on the play that led to a goal pissed me off... that was clear as day, but whatever, doesn't excuse the **** D we played in our zone that followed.

Look, refs didn't cost us that game. A team can only control what they do on the ice. And while the refs didn't do us any favors, it's the Tampa Bay Lightning that lost that game out there.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
FOUR ****ING GOALS ON 20 ****ING SHOTS. I can't even describe how mad I am right now. Lindbäck described in one picture:

uQIOvEwLnRrmCipEvIHo.gif

I hope they start Desjardins Saturday. Yeah, I'm that desperate. We won't win a ****ing game with this ****ing clown in net.

Absolutely ****ing awful.

Last edited:

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
Good news is, Montreal lost last night, and we can only hope Boston looses tonight, Bishop will hopefully be back Tuesday, and we can start winning some games.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Refs did us no favors on the penalties, but they were calling it pretty loose all game so that isn't a shock. The offside call on the play that led to a goal pissed me off... that was clear as day, but whatever, doesn't excuse the **** D we played in our zone that followed.

Look, refs didn't cost us that game. A team can only control what they do on the ice. And while the refs didn't do us any favors, it's the Tampa Bay Lightning that lost that game out there.

I'm not saying the refs cost us the game. I'm saying that if you combine dumpster fire play from Lindback with a brain fart of rookie proportions from Marty AND on top of it the refs blow key ****ing calls all game long, you can't win.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Let's call a spade a spade. That's a tough thing. You need a need a ******* occasional save. 4 goals on 20 shots....uh......I'm a little tired of the 20% rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad