Injury Report: 1/6 Logan Couture 3-4 weeks

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
I want him back as soon as it is reasonable regardless of before or after Olympics. They need him.

I second this. If he's 100% before the Olympics he should play. We need him. Plus, it could be detrimental to have him going 6 weeks without playing in a game anyway.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Logan Couture ‏@Logancouture 2m

What are you talking about @jasondemers5...wasn't me...but she saw me on the counter...wasn't me http://instagram.com/p/jckfh-viI2/

CoutureDollInjury.png

:laugh:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks...ks-hot-hand-and-a-progress-report-on-couture/

Logan Couture’s progress from hand surgery has reached the point where he’s testing it with a few shots during practice.

“I know the guys were ribbing him,” McLellan said. “I know some of the guys told him it looks like he was almost all the way back with his shot already. That’s them playing games with him obviously, but he looks better every day.”

Couture had the surgery Jan. 8 and was expected to return in three or four weeks, and nothing appears to have changed on that timetable.

“We’re not going to put him in a situation where we hurry him back and he runs the risk of hurting himself in that spot again or anywhere else,” McLellan said. “He’s got to be completely ready when it’s time to play. . . . When he’s ready, he’s ready. And obviously we’re going to put him in as soon as we can, but not before that.”

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 18m
Couture centering Torres and Burish today in practice, so I doubt he plays either of the next two in Calgary or Edmonton #SJSharks

I didn't really expect Couture to play in either of the next two games anyways. My most optimistic thought when he had the surgery was being back in the Chicago game this weekend which is still another 4-5 days. could happen.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I didn't really expect Couture to play in either of the next two games anyways. My most optimistic thought when he had the surgery was being back in the Chicago game this weekend which is still another 4-5 days. could happen.

Tomorrow is the 3-week mark so it is certainly possible he plays this weekend.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 10m

Couture won't be coming off IR. If he could have gotten 3 games in, maybe would have been worthwhile. Not with just 2 left for #SJSharks.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 10m

Couture won't be coming off IR. If he could have gotten 3 games in, maybe would have been worthwhile. Not with just 2 left for #SJSharks.

It's probably just Kennedy being back and possibly Burish. woopity doo.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Couture has been placed on LTIR, the Sharks had to make a cap move so they could activate Burish. Couture is eligible to come off of LTIR whenever he's ready to play which will hopefully be Feb. 27th.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Couture has been placed on LTIR, the Sharks had to make a cap move so they could activate Burish. Couture is eligible to come off of LTIR whenever he's ready to play which will hopefully be Feb. 27th.

And then when everyone is healthy (san Hertl) after the Olympic break, what shoe drops to get back under the cap? Trade? Waive Burish?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
And then when everyone is healthy (san Hertl) after the Olympic break, what shoe drops to get back under the cap? Trade? Waive Burish?

Depends on the timing of it. They will have the option of the two week conditioning assignment that could help Hertl and their cap situation...or just send Hertl down and bring him back up when they can afford it. In terms of Couture and Torres coming back, they'll have to send down all the farm hands including Nieto or trade someone.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I have no idea...waiving Burish won't do much good since it'll only open up $925k.

They can send Nieto, Kearns and Brown to the AHL and just hope they don't need any extra bodies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
KKurzCSN 1:22pm via TweetDeck
Couture: "I’m ready to go. … [Hand] feels good as it’s felt in three months.” #SJSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad