GDT: 1/5/14 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Edmonton

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean, I'm not going to rag on the team too much. They've played incredibly well all season. It's just frustrating we're leaving two points on the table due to an off game against a **** team.

I guess the bonus is we're not giving two points to an EC team... if you're going to **** the bed, **** the bed against the West.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Some goalies fix the issues in their game...others just continue to keep their 5-hole wide open.

It had nothing to do with issues in his game. He was in the butterfly and when he went to stand up on one leg his five hole opened up, he was expected our D to do something with the puck or he would've just stayed down.

The Hall breakaway shows he fixed his five hole.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
It had nothing to do with issues in his game. He was in the butterfly and when he went to stand up on one leg his five hole opened up, he was expected our D to do something with the puck or he would've just stayed down.

As a goalie, you need to be prepared no matter what your defense does. I understand you like Lindy a lot, and I do too. Really I do. But to say that goal wasn't his fault it ludicrous. As someone said earlier, he was doing gymnastic moves looking for the puck.

That being said, the D definitely could've done a better job.

Last edited:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This loss is truly a team effort.
How can you look so good against Vancouver and stink up the ice against this **** team?

Goaltending. We made the same mistakes tonight that we did in Vancouver and Calgary. When the pucks aren't going in then it makes them harder to notice. Lindy is a backup, not always a good one. I can't see us leaning on him long term.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
5th goal was a fluke but lets call a spade a spade. What the hell was Lindback doing on that fourth goal? If you can't find the puck, you retreat into the net and try to cover as much net as possible. You don't skate out from the net in johnny grahame-esque fashion and create a two foot 5 hole trying to reset back into the butterfly

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
With Lindback the D can't make ANY mistakes... he won't bail you out. That's the difference between him and Bish.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Come on, Purcell. That's the very difference between him and Filppula. Both have great hands but Teddy is nowhere near Flip's stick-handling in traffic. Instead he turns it over at the worst time...

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC

One breakaway save does not resolve this issue. Good save? Absolutely. Can we say that Lindback's 5-hole still isn't a weakness due to his frequently calm, but flailing-under-pressure style? No.

Either way, the defense has hardly bailed him out tonight. The Lightning have some sort of mental block once Lindy gets between the pipes.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Leaving points on the table...

Hope Brown and Bish are okay... don't want the injury bug to bite us too badly again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad