GDT: 1/26/17 - Wild vs Blues - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
4 pts up on CHI. Soon they have 8 of 9 on the road. I'll be disappointed if we arnt 10+ up on them when we get to the bye week and catch them in games.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Didn't catch the full game, but from what I saw zone exits in particular looked way better tonight than they have recently. Less chucking it up to get a change, more calm, methodical puck movement. They may still struggle to move the puck quickly enough against faster teams, but it's a step in the right direction.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That fourth goal at the beginning of the third killed STL. This year's edition of the Wild is shooting far more than they used to. When Zucker didn't shoot and passed to Koivu when he was in front of the net that reminded me of how the Wild used to play.

The Staal line isn't their usual self...Coyle especially.

Haula line definitely looking spritely. Poms playing well, Parise playing hard but still fighting it, Haula looking much better....defensively good, but dangerous offensively.

Koivu line looking terrific. All of them.

I'm not going to talk about the defense, except to say that Suter and Spurgeon are great. Both understand how to add offense without sacrificing defence. Wonderful stuff.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Prosser had a good game. Solid minutes for a bottom pair player.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What's crazy is that we had the only 5 lucky goals in the entire NHL tonight; every other goal was incredibly skilled against a perfect defense and elite goaltending.

I think I'm starting to be convinced.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
That fourth goal at the beginning of the third killed STL. This year's edition of the Wild is shooting far more than they used to. When Zucker didn't shoot and passed to Koivu when he was in front of the net that reminded me of how the Wild used to play.

The Staal line isn't their usual self...Coyle especially.

Haula line definitely looking spritely. Poms playing well, Parise playing hard but still fighting it, Haula looking much better....defensively good, but dangerous offensively.

Koivu line looking terrific. All of them.

I'm not going to talk about the defense, except to say that Suter and Spurgeon are great. Both understand how to add offense without sacrificing defence. Wonderful stuff.

Drives me crazy how underrated Spurge is on these boards.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
The one plane I want to see fly is a real "Zero". There are only a handful left that 'might' be operational. 10k+ of them made, an any that survived WWII had to be destroyed.

I saw a Fokker DR1 triplane at an airshow once, painted like the Red Baron (of course). And I have worked on a couple of biplanes. It's really amazing the innovation in flying that's happened from 1917 (triplanes) to 1983 (F/A-18).

I try and get to Oshkosh every year for EEA airshow. The workshops there are great (for me), but the kid and wife go to see the airshows.

Real cool stuff! I've seen (flying) MiG 21's and Drakens (in my childhood) and in airshows planes like Fouga Magister, F-18 Hornet, DC-3, DC-4, T-6 Texan (or was it actually Harvard..?) and.. Hawker Hurricane in Finnish colors. That was really something! Zero would be huge, like Spitfire, Mustang, Corsair, Tempest, Mosquito, P-38 etc..

Back to the topic. Couldn't stay awake but watched the game now. Amazing! So solid in everything! 'member when Blues were scary? I 'member! Well, they're not anymore.

Nice to see PHP-line having a good game in the both ends and they're getting it going. Nino was beasting! I've been thinking several times that in this game Granny won't have any more points, but he's still okay.. well then it happens, 1+1.

Because of depth, it's actually ok that they take turns. Staal and Coyle are a cold now, but it doesn't matter. And Boudreau is coaching them beautifully. Doesn't matter what the name is in the back.. if you don't produce, you get less time. And those who produce get a bit more. It doesn't even feel like a penalty, just the way it should be. It may even lessen the pressure sometimes when needed. But then, when you get it going, you know you're gonna get more chances.

And defense + Dubnyk, solid! Real nice.

Last edited:

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Just watched the game. All I can say is:

C3Jd7qPVMAAMEQD.jpg:large

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
This is why we when a heck of a lot of games, most of our charts look like this....

Good Guys
shotLoc-2016020736-MIN-EV.png

Bad Guys
shotLoc-2016020736-STL-EV.png

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
dubnyk awesome 2 games in a row. blues were coming off a shutout over the pens & their goalie was hotter than a pistol so that was an impressive win. when i watch tarasenko i keep thinking about kaprizov coming here someday & playing like that. edit i was not happy with the zebras last night no calls on 2 trips & parise bleedin all over the ice! @@@@THAT!

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Real cool stuff! I've seen (flying) MiG 21's and Drakens (in my childhood) and in airshows planes like Fouga Magister, F-18 Hornet, DC-3, DC-4, T-6 Texan (or was it actually Harvard..?) and.. Hawker Hurricane in Finnish colors. That was really something! Zero would be huge, like Spitfire, Mustang, Corsair, Tempest, Mosquito, P-38 etc..

Back to the topic. Couldn't stay awake but watched the game now. Amazing! So solid in everything! 'member when Blues were scary? I 'member! Well, they're not anymore.

Nice to see PHP-line having a good game in the both ends and they're getting it going. Nino was beasting! I've been thinking several times that in this game Granny won't have any more points, but he's still okay.. well then it happens, 1+1.

Because of depth, it's actually ok that they take turns. Staal and Coyle are a cold now, but it doesn't matter. And Boudreau is coaching them beautifully. Doesn't matter what the name is in the back.. if you don't produce, you get less time. And those who produce get a bit more. It doesn't even feel like a penalty, just the way it should be. It may even lessen the pressure sometimes when needed. But then, when you get it going, you know you're gonna get more chances.

And defense + Dubnyk, solid! Real nice.
BTW - you forgot to list one that you see flying quite frequently... MiG-64! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad