GDT: 1/26/16 Toronto @ Florida 7:30 "First Half Finale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

EstConf96*

Why the Goldie hate? I don't get it. He is a homer but at least you can understand what he is saying unlike Pots.

Both are bad but Goldie takes the cake for me. Homer + annoying voice.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Goldie is a great PBP guy, he does get some corny repeats but he is solid. Potvin is drunk.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Why the Goldie hate? I don't get it. He is a homer but at least you can understand what he is saying unlike Pots.

Because when he first started PBP, he was actually pretty good -- he kept bias to a minimum. Now, Goldy will point out every little mishap that happens with a Panthers player while completely neglecting any illegal liberty a Panther takes with the opposition, and his hyperbole when the Panthers start to create a lead gets nauseating. He also gets pretty accusatory when a Panther hits the ice and it was a completely legal play - acting like there should have been a penalty. I understand this is homerism and every announcer has it to a degree and is maybe even ordered to an extent to push this agenda, but it annoys me.

EstConf96*

herrerasudden.gif

3 straight wins with more then 3 goals in each game. They are holding on to that first place in atlantic like a hungry hobo holding on to a hamsandwich.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad