GDT: 1/26/16 Toronto @ Florida 7:30 "First Half Finale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Yes lol. Was in and around the locker room after the game.

Jovo was there talking to Madden and some other people after the game.

Does Pirri seem mad or disappointed that he isn't playing? Would suck if he requested a trade for being benched for so long (like Bergy)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Does Pirri seem mad or disappointed that he isn't playing?

He wasn't in the press box during the 2nd and 3rd periods I believe, but was just staring at his phone during the 1st period. In the locker room he was just talking to someone with the team, didn't have much of an expression on his face.

He's scratched so he's not available for post game interviews, so you can't really find out how he is unless you're there for morning skate which I wasn't today

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Personally I would like to keep Pirri and NOT trade him, it's good to have depht, but we're rolling at this point, cracking the lineup might be tough until we lose. Thornton even drew a penalty, which I look at as basically him scoring a goal.

But if we can improve this team via trade by trading Pirri + picks, then why not? Better depth is even more fun to have.

First period pretty meh, but strong two and 5-1 win - i'm not complaining. We're back on track, now need to get some rest (+ do some training with the pp, please) and recharge the batteries. Looking good atm, but you can always work harder and develope more. And agree with that, Jagr definitely looked gassed all the game. Age getting him, or just tired a bit?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wonder if we should take a page out of the NBA and follow the Tim Duncan/Gregg Pop method of randomly resting Jagr here and there.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Is Jagr definitely tired? I thought it was said that as the season goes on, he gets stronger and begins to hit his stride(?) Maybe it's just a little slump.

EstConf96*

Is Jagr definitely tired? I thought it was said that as the season goes on, he gets stronger and begins to hit his stride(?) Maybe it's just a little slump.

Jagr is soon to be 44 years old i think it's safe to say he can and should get tired from time to time. He should skip the "clown show" all-star game take the 1 game susp and rest some. If there is one plce we will need a 100% Jagr it's the playoffs.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Wonder if we should take a page out of the NBA and follow the Tim Duncan/Gregg Pop method of randomly resting Jagr here and there.

been saying this all year. They have enough of a cushion in the standings where he needs to be sitting during one game of the b2b's unless its a situation double home game situation like last weekend. And as we get deeper into the season, he needs to be resting against teams like buffalo and Toronto even if its not a b2b just to get him a quick 2-3 day break for him to do his personal workout stuff that he uses to keep his body ready to play

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Worked last night, so just got done watching the game.

Tro's line was real good, but I feel like the best group of the night was the defense.

Petro with his first NHL goal plus a couple solid hits
Kampfer had a couple nice rushes along with a big hit
Campbell had a great no look pass to Barky on his PPG, as well as a post
Ek was his usual solid self
Kuli played a steady game and had Q's back with a fight with Phaneuf
Guddy threw his usual big body around, and a heavy shot on Smith's goal

When Mitchell gets back to being healthy, and Olsen waiting as an emergancy, it's hard to see a reason why we need to add to this unit. :dunno:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Ekbladder

Took you long enough (a period)

Damn. Tough luck for Grabner

Same thing happened to my dad in men's league after logging thousand plus games in Major Junior etc. Should've lost his eye, almost did. Still issues to this day 20 yrs later. When it rolls up the stick, puck on edge.

God damn I love Smith.. have all season.. So good all around

So true. A player we seemed to lack in the past. So much passion to his game and top 6 guy.

So first period no drinking and we play like crap. Second period drinking like a sponge and we score 3. It's must be a sign, I will therefore sacrifice my Ekbladder and Barkyliver in the name of the Hatter god.

Finally. Puma and I endorse this message as your sponsors.

I'd rather have Hayes

I could see Kelly jumping off the lazy boy yelling at you for that one :rant:

Keep drinking Kells

Yep.

Ekblad getting ready to hit a personal 15 game win streak.

Who does this !??

Something about a box of chocolate. He apparently tried to make himself sound like Forrest Gump but it sounded more like French Potvin.

Sounds liquored up. Missed this one had Leafs telecast.

Spacey needs to work more of his divine intervention specifically for Jagr. Spacey knows a lot of actresses. :)

Doesn't he teach university acting classes ??:naughty:

Last month or so , should follow this way.

lmao at Tro and Huby there, what trolls. I can't wait to see a rotisserie chicken thrown on the ice after a Bjugs goal.

Is Huby in on this ? Thought the ring leaders are Tro and Ekblad? Tro,Bjugs and Huby and maybe even Smith seem like good friends off ice. Is this true Batting/"Tallon"? Guds seems like older brother, not impressed with little brothers games :laugh: Bjugs/Huby are like middle child. Ekblad and Tro babies.

Worked last night, so just got done watching the game.

Tro's line was real good, but I feel like the best group of the night was the defense.

Petro with his first NHL goal plus a couple solid hits
Kampfer had a couple nice rushes along with a big hit
Campbell had a great no look pass to Barky on his PPG, as well as a post
Ek was his usual solid self
Kuli played a steady game and had Q's back with a fight with Phaneuf
Guddy threw his usual big body around, and a heavy shot on Smith's goal

When Mitchell gets back to being healthy, and Olsen waiting as an emergancy, it's hard to see a reason why we need to add to this unit. :dunno:

Experience. Experience. Needed. Plus Mitchell's health. He can barely walk in street clothes in Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad