Injury Report: 1/19 Braun, Wingels (Wingels Activated)

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Considering the org is high on DeMelo & for some reason Doherty I wonder if one of those two might get a call next week.

I just tweeted my guess is, from what's available here: Demelo, Doherty, Fedun; in that order. Fedun got boarded Sunday and didn't play the last two periods. I checked for info yesterday on it and as I expected didn't get any. I just checked again, same story.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I just tweeted my guess is, from what's available here: Demelo, Doherty, Fedun; in that order. Fedun got boarded Sunday and didn't play the last two periods. I checked for info yesterday on it and as I expected didn't get any. I just checked again, same story.

Ya, I wasn't sure if Fedun was injured or not. Considering the need for a RHD I do think he'd be the best option to bring up but I'm not sure they would even if he was healthy.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. I get the vibe that DeMelo is the guy they want to focus on.

I do too, he's a guy that Burke has talked up for a while. Looking on the bright side, if that's the case I'm really happy it's DeMelo and not Doherty.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
So right now we're probably looking at something like:

Vlasic-Burns
Dillon-Hannan
Mueller-Irwin/Call-Up

The depth, we're oozing with it

Wait, that's vomit oozing from the depths of my gullet

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

Hearing they are planning on calling someone up (but they didn't indicate whether it was forward or D, or both).

84397172.gif

When does baseball begin?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Wow. Could these injuries trigger the tank-job that leads to a firesale at the trade deadline?

DW's "stadium series" could also be a complete disaster.

I doubt it. I'm sure they've already considered moving most of the soon to be UFA's (whether or not that actually happens is another question) so I don't think this would change anything.

I think up front they can be OK. Move Nieto (or TK) into Wingels spot, move Sheppard to the 3rd line and go with McGinn-Desi-Goodrow on the 4th line.

Defensively, it could get very ugly especially if they decide that Hannan is the one who should step into a top 4 role but if Mueller can get up to game speed quickly they might be able to get by.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
I doubt it. I'm sure they've already considered moving most of the soon to be UFA's (whether or not that actually happens is another question) so I don't think this would change anything.

I think up front they can be OK. Move Nieto (or TK) into Wingels spot, move Sheppard to the 3rd line and go with McGinn-Desi-Goodrow on the 4th line.

Defensively, it could get very ugly especially if they decide that Hannan is the one who should step into a top 4 role but if Mueller can get up to game speed quickly they might be able to get by.

Up front, agree. But hopefully Wingels will be back soon enough. At the back, hopefully Braun as well but, if he is out for a lengthy period and Hannan ends up top 4,,,,,,that is absolutely brutal.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Pretty sure Braun's happened when he caught a puck or blocked a shot a few games back.

I remember his glove coming off on the play (if it was Braun I'm remembering). Didn't look good, but I think he finished the game.

Catching/blocking hockey pucks with your palm can be brutal.

Sucks to see these two out of the lineup for so long.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Happened at the right point of the season/schedule if there's such a thing. All star break followed by a lot of home games with days off.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hopefully the Braun injury forces DW's hands a little bit when it comes to addressing the right side depth since they lost it when they dealt Demers.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So, are you thinking he tries to make a move at the TDL for a RHD?

I don't think the deadline will really make much of a difference for DW in the trade market right now. I think any move he makes will involve someone beyond rental status. I think he's seen enough to know that going forward, Mueller's on that left side and they don't really have anyone on his right and that needs to be addressed because Irwin, Hannan, and Tennyson aren't getting the job done and it behooves him to get someone to compliment Mueller since he is DW's prized pick.

Hypothetically, if the chance of re-signing Franson's high, should DW trade for him? I would hope so. His age fits our team's long term profile

If the chances were high, yes. Problem is with Franson that the chances aren't high. He's like Winnik. He's going to look to milk every penny out of the team that he can and that doesn't mesh with DW and his negotiating style.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I don't think the deadline will really make much of a difference for DW in the trade market right now. I think any move he makes will involve someone beyond rental status. I think he's seen enough to know that going forward, Mueller's on that left side and they don't really have anyone on his right and that needs to be addressed because Irwin, Hannan, and Tennyson aren't getting the job done and it behooves him to get someone to compliment Mueller since he is DW's prized pick.

I agree - what type of right dman would be ideal and is he out there?

Tennyson is serviceable but doubt he's a great long-term option.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I agree - what type of right dman would be ideal and is he out there?

Tennyson is serviceable but doubt he's a great long-term option.

I can't really say. I think it all depends on what you want Mueller to focus on in his development and then get a guy that covers up for the other aspects he's not focusing on. It's also possible that you just pick someone up that is available and then have Mueller focus on the things that would compliment the acquisition. Luckily, it's just for a 3rd pairing situation so as long as they're NHL quality, it should be fine but we don't need to get veterans on the downside of their career unless they're able to contribute and pull their weight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad