Injury Report: 1/19 Braun, Wingels (Wingels Activated)

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Oh goody joy joy. The amazing defensive depth that wilson gave the team is going to be put to the test.

Oh right I forgot wilson was putting together an ahl team on defense this year.

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
So more Tennyson and Hannan or maybe Fedun gets the call up?

Goodrow, Tierney, or more John Scott.

Depending how the we do without them, maybe now we can be sellers at the TDL. :p:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Depending how the we do without them, maybe now we can be sellers at the TDL. :p:

Who ever gets the call up on defense will be press boxing it. We get the wonderful trio of hannan, irwin, tennyson for how ever long braun is gone.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Potentially, Sharks don't call up anyone. Play Goodrow/Scott, Hannan, Tennyson, and Irwin. That'd be ****ing awful.

Hypothetically, they might end up calling up Tarasov/Hamilton and Doherty/Fedun. Abeltshauser being a lefty makes it seem unlikely he gets a call up.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Not like Braun has played well this season. He's been a major disappointment.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Braun's on pace for a 30+ point season. What he's lost in play quality defensively, he is making up for in production and they need it badly.

The defense has been pretty disappointing though. It's not even because he's making risky plays and getting burned. He's just making a lot of bad decisions.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
The defense has been pretty disappointing though. It's not even because he's making risky plays and getting burned. He's just making a lot of bad decisions.

I'm pretty sure that's because they've asked him to work on his offense. It's bound to happen if you change your game. He has to find the balance and it takes awhile to do that. I'm not concerned about Braun at all, and if he comes out of this as a true TWD it will be a real coupe. This is the right year to try something like this too, he'll either figure it out, or they'll have him go back to pure D.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I agree, I don't think Bruan's issues have anything to do with him looking to improve his offense, his issues seem like they're all in his head.

Also, it looked like he might have injured his elbow / arm & Wingels injury is likely his hand. The defense was already a mess & it's probably going to get much worse.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I mean, there have to be better options out there than Irwin, Hannan, and Tennyson that can be had for cheap.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I'm pretty sure that's because they've asked him to work on his offense. It's bound to happen if you change your game. He has to find the balance and it takes awhile to do that. I'm not concerned about Braun at all, and if he comes out of this as a true TWD it will be a real coupe. This is the right year to try something like this too, he'll either figure it out, or they'll have him go back to pure D.

This would make sense in theory if he were caught pinching or jumping up in the play, but his mistakes this year have been in the defensive zone mostly with brainfarts and overcommitments.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

I'm guessing they call up no one for Wednesday's match up against the Kings.

Maybe next week, after ASG break.

When/if players get put on IR, then they can recall someone(s).

Depending on Mueller's status, he MIGHT be put in lineup. But as of last week, he's still skating as an injured player, not one ready to come off IR.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm guessing they call up no one for Wednesday's match up against the Kings.

Maybe next week, after ASG break.

When/if players get put on IR, then they can recall someone(s).

Depending on Mueller's status, he MIGHT be put in lineup. But as of last week, he's still skating as an injured player, not one ready to come off IR.

Ya, if Mueller isn't close they might bring up a d-man just in case for Wednesday but they won't bring up another forward until after the break.

Considering the org is high on DeMelo & for some reason Doherty I wonder if one of those two might get a call next week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad