Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
BBB-MxBCMAAyggQ.jpg:large

ZK28 got a nice gash

Wildfan10*

What a game. That first period was absolutely terrible but they bounced back very nicely. I'm so pumped up right now i can't even sit still! Cant wait till tomorrow night!

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Hate to rant after a win but it must be done. Terrible start and overall 5 on 5 play generated nothing which is troubling. Luckily the Avs took a bunch of penalties. First powerplay unit was awesome. Horrible job by FSN north missing the Granny goal. I'm tired of watching this team flip the puck to center ice a million times a game just because one guy is hounding them. Those are turnovers! Its called puck possession puck possession puck possession for the love of god puck possession and its obviously something Yeo hasn't preached since he has been here because it happens every game. They need to learn to support the puck. It's called a D to D pass and breakout, figure it out. But my biggest concern is Spurgeon, who was awful tonight. I know people in here like him but deep down you know he is just some scrub we picked up because we had no better D prospects at the time. Now we do in Pizza and Brodin, so I expect to see him demoted to third pairing or gone once they return. He is completely overmatched on defense and its going to cost this team the game having him out there for substantial minutes in close games. You can say its the first game and I'm being too hard on the kid, but we saw him manhandled last year and he hasn't gotten any bigger. I mean he was absolutely dominated tonight, thrown around like a dog's chew toy.

I also noticed him getting pushed around again tonight. IMO he was the reason for one of the Avalanche goals. I was hoping he would start pyramid lifting and improve his upper body strength in the offseason, but It's hard to put much muscle on such a small frame. While I do agree that we need a bigger defensemen on the first pairing, I'll let it ride for now due to the injury of Brodin. I think that there will be changes made when more options become available.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Pfft, I'm not worried about some Russian scrub. It's simple. We play them in a week, and someone simply runs Tarasenko so hard into the boards the impact goes off the Richter scale. Same treatment for Yakupov, if we find him worrisome.

No excuses. No mercy. Calder for Granlund.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I also noticed him getting pushed around again tonight. IMO he was the reason for one of the Avalanche goals. I was hoping he would start pyramid lifting and improve his upper body strength in the offseason, but It's hard to put much muscle on such a small frame. While I do agree that we need a bigger defensemen on the first pairing, I'll let it ride for now due to the injury of Brodin. I think that there will be changes made when more options become available.

Agreed.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Pfft, I'm not worried about some Russian scrub. It's simple. We play them in a week, and someone simply runs Tarasenko so hard into the boards the impact goes off the Richter scale. Same treatment for Yakupov, if we find him worrisome.

No excuses. No mercy. Calder for Granlund.

Bouchard will get em, he was a feisty little guy tonight :yo:

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I like to see Seto throwing his weight around, but I don't think I see that second line working as is. I'd like to be wrong on it though. Butch needs to be back in the top 6 though, that is for sure.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Terrible job by FSN on the Granlund goal. Absolutely terrible.

Odd coincidence that once they stopped dumping it in they started getting puck possession in the offensive zone more. Huh.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
What a wonderful win. I glanced a bit at the Devils board and so many are still smarting due to the break up with Parise. Kovy pretty much rather play in Russia right now yet Zach abandoned the team as an unrestricted free agent? lol Anyway, I was hoping the bitterness was gone but I was wrong.

I am so excited for tomorrow night! Playing the team that stole our North Stars. Dallas, you're going down tomorrow!

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
so jacked up after that game.

Parise is all motor...jesus that guy works his ass off.
Spurge got smushed more times than I'd like to see and i'm just hanging on for an "i told you so" moment. if he plays games like that night after night he's not going to last the season.
Speaking of not lasting the season: Stoner. Awful. Prosser looked better.
Suter and Gilbert were the only two D who looked like they were actually used to the NHL.
I know he didn't score but I loved Seto's game tonight...hitting, working, recovering from his own mistakes, aggressive...
I know people want to mix and match but as long as this is working stay the course. Bouchard makes that third line a scoring threat and adds possession, the first can get by on hard work and talent until everyone is in sync, and the second has the wheels to be opportunistic while they get a feel for their game. FBJ didn't look out of place at all.

I mean, the first period had me very worried, but from then on it was boom boom boom. Our D better get their **** together though.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Terrible job by FSN on the Granlund goal. Absolutely terrible.

Odd coincidence that once they stopped dumping it in they started getting puck possession in the offensive zone more. Huh.

Totally agreed!

so jacked up after that game.

Parise is all motor...jesus that guy works his ass off.
Spurge got smushed more times than I'd like to see and i'm just hanging on for an "i told you so" moment. if he plays games like that night after night he's not going to last the season.
Speaking of not lasting the season: Stoner. Awful. Prosser looked better.
Suter and Gilbert were the only two D who looked like they were actually used to the NHL.
I know he didn't score but I loved Seto's game tonight...hitting, working, recovering from his own mistakes, aggressive...
I know people want to mix and match but as long as this is working stay the course. Bouchard makes that third line a scoring threat and adds possession, the first can get by on hard work and talent until everyone is in sync, and the second has the wheels to be opportunistic while they get a feel for their game. FBJ didn't look out of place at all.

I mean, the first period had me very worried, but from then on it was boom boom boom. Our D better get their **** together though.

Yeah poor Spurgeon, i think he will literally die one of these nights from a hit. Yeah Stoner looked off tonight. Seto could have had a goal for sure, i thought he played well good physicality. I just think Butch's possession is wasted on the third line because brodz and clutter work alone, i think he needs to be in the top 6.

I almost forgot to post another thing that was great about the game.

The Wild outshot an opponent. :handclap:

changing the culture man :)

They need Brodin.

agreed!!!

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Sigh. Spurgeon got hit maybe two or three times during the game and was a victim of a blatant cheapshot. It's not like he's a Zidlicky out there.

He made a couple of good plays there, just needs to get used to the level of competitiveness and he'll be a-ok. His puck skills and passing is still great, and he actually compliments Suter quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA