1,100 career points for Anze Kopitar — and they all came with the LAKings!

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Gonna be an interesting decision on whether to re-sign him next year and if so how much?
Or will Blake trade him to Vegas and disguise it with another team again?

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
...and they were all 2nd assists. ;-)

With 3 points against the Avalanche, The Great King has now amassed 1128 career points. Passing Joe Nieuwendyk and Mike Bossy for 61st all time.

Next up Bernie Federko.

58. Nicklas Lidström 1142
59. Marian Hossa 1134
60. Bernie Federko 1130
61. Anze Kopitar 1128
Bernie-Federko-Featured-Blues-e1555213950823.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Gonna be an interesting decision on whether to re-sign him next year and if so how much?
Or will Blake trade him to Vegas and disguise it with another team again?

Dude isnt going anywhere ever. The question is how much does he sign for

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Dude isnt going anywhere ever. The question is how much does he sign for
I'll take guys that have been traded, or went somewhere else for $1,000, Alex. Remember your answer must be in the form of a question. Let's reveal the answer in the form of this picture:

licensed-image

Other answers in this category:

licensed-image

licensed-image

licensed-image

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
With 2 points against the Canucks, The Greatest King has now amassed 1135 career points. Passing Marian Hossa for 59th all time.

Next up Nicklas Lidström.

55. Bobby Hull 1170
56. Daniel Alfredsson 1157
57. Michel Goulet 1153
59. Anze Kopitar 1135

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
With 2 points against the Canucks, The Greatest King has now amassed 1135 career points. Passing Marian Hossa for 59th all time.

Next up Nicklas Lidström.

55. Bobby Hull 1170
56. Daniel Alfredsson 1157
57. Michel Goulet 1153
59. Anze Kopitar 1135
I just want to say I really appreciate you tracking this. It's great to see!

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
It'll be a head scratcher if Bergeron gets more Selke votes than Kopitar for someone who has less pts and an overwhelming more ozone deployments (especially at even strength) than Kopitar.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It'll be a head scratcher if Bergeron gets more Selke votes than Kopitar for someone who has less pts and an overwhelming more ozone deployments (especially at even strength) than Kopitar.
That would require the "more knowledgable" media on the east coast pay attention to Kings games

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Despite what I think about him deserving it, I don't think anyone but Bergeron will win the Selke. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kopitar wasn't in the top 3 of voting despite him deserving it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

This year he's cruising on (justified) rep, ignorant of ozone deployments even relative to team, the strength of the Bruins. He'll get the nik lidstrom sendoff.

I don't think it should be Kopitar's either though

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
For as much crap as Anze gets from the 'over the hill' crowd, he has been quite durable and consistent over his career. I'd be happy to sign him for another 2 years at $6-7. With Clarke presumably coming onboard next year, you gotta like this team's chances for a deep run.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
For as much crap as Anze gets from the 'over the hill' crowd, he has been quite durable and consistent over his career. I'd be happy to sign him for another 2 years at $6-7. With Clarke presumably coming onboard next year, you gotta like this team's chances for a deep run.
16 of 17, no?

Vincent Damphousse is currently 50th in all time points with 1205.

Meaning Kopitar will likely need 66+ points next season to crack the top 50.
Gonna be fun watching him slowly go up the list passing legends. I think career wise I think he can crack the top 40 all time which would be amazing for 2 way savant like Kop

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
16 of 17, no?

Gonna be fun watching him slowly go up the list passing legends. I think career wise I think he can crack the top 40 all time which would be amazing for 2 way savant like Kop
He didn't lead the team in scoring his rookie year and one year when he had injury, which is when Carter led the team. Maybe it was 2015? I don't remember and too lazy to check at the moment

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Bergeron is so damn good though too. There is a reason every metric has him head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

I agree that Kopitar should have more than 2, and is underrated both offensively and defensively league wide. If guy played in an original 6 or canadian market he maybe on currency.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Bergeron is so damn good though too. There is a reason every metric has him head and shoulders above the rest of the league.

I agree that Kopitar should have more than 2, and is underrated both offensively and defensively league wide. If guy played in an original 6 or canadian market he maybe on currency.
Right but look at the metrics of his line mates and that’s what really helps. In 3 of Bergerons Selke wins Kopi was the better Defender by those same metrics and his line mates were atrocious to average at best. There is zero doubt in my mind that Kopi is the best 2 way player of his generation his metrics and stats back that up

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Bergeron is winning a Selke because Boston broke records this year and it's voted on by the media.

Rick Knickleback

May 18, 2022
Long Beach
Big year next year in terms of his place in Kings' statistical history. He'll likely:
--pass Brown for most games ever
--pass Dionne for most assists ever
--pass Robitaille to move in 2nd place in points (behind Dionne, obv)

He'll also likely score goal 400, though he'll need at least another year to catch Taylor for 3rd most in club history.

Hell of a career and he's still chugging along, but no doubt another deep playoff run would help the legacy.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Bergeron is winning a Selke because Boston broke records this year and it's voted on by the media.
And because he is a better defensive center.

No shame in Anze being ranked behind the best defensive center of his generation. Hell of a player, but why obsess on if he is considered "the best" when he really isn't?

Reactions: KINGS17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad