'05-'06 NTDP U17 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Pcity84 said:
Peter Mueller will NEVER don a Michigan Uniform. I am going to venture a guess and claim that you have no "sources" from the National Development Program, and made most of this information up on your own. Mueller is listed as committed to the University of Minnesota for 2006 on Chris Heisenber's website. He is currently deciding between the WHL route or playing in the USHL next year followed by the University of Minnesota the year after.

Read this: http://www.musketeershockey.com/news.asp?id=218

Michigan was never even an option for Peter.

One minor detail clarification here. The only way Mueller would be able to play in Minnesota afterwards would be if he went the USHL route. NCAA rules do not allow for players who've played in the Canadian Major Juniors to play for NCAA schools afterwards.

BTW, I've heard that he's definitely U of Minn bound as well. Has anyone heard how strongly Mueller is leaning towards going the USHL route this upcoming season? I've some rumbles about it but would like to get you guys' thoughts on it.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Mueller has told the NTDP that he won't be back next year. Right now he'll either play with Sioux City of the USHL or Everett of the WHL. Gopher fans are in a bit of denial about the WHL possibility because of some things Mueller said but IMO they should be concerned. You can quote Mueller but I'll point you to another '88 born player, Jonathan Toews, who told everybody pretty clearly that he would be playing in the WHL and has since decided to head to North Dakota. It's funny because at the time of the WHL bantam draft Toews and Mueller were the top two players for the draft and Toews ended up getting picked first overall because they felt he was more likely to report. It would be pretty ironic if Mueller ends up going to the WHL while Toews plays college hockey.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
cagney said:
Mueller has told the NTDP that he won't be back next year. Right now he'll either play with Sioux City of the USHL or Everett of the WHL. Gopher fans are in a bit of denial about the WHL possibility because of some things Mueller said but IMO they should be concerned. You can quote Mueller but I'll point you to another '88 born player, Jonathan Toews, who told everybody pretty clearly that he would be playing in the WHL and has since decided to head to North Dakota. It's funny because at the time of the WHL bantam draft Toews and Mueller were the top two players for the draft and Toews ended up getting picked first overall because they felt he was more likely to report. It would be pretty ironic if Mueller ends up going to the WHL while Toews plays college hockey.

In Mueller's case, while I've heard/read that he's definitely U of Minn bound, I'm not going to be 100% sold on it until he's signs and submits his NLoI.

Thanks for the input (and the heads up on USHR), cagney. Much appreciated. :)

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
The only way Mueller is going to go to the WHL is if he stumbles in his attempt to accelerate his studies to get to college in 2006. If he is still on track to graduate on time, he won't be going to the WHL. You can take that to the bank.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
cagney said:

There is certainly something afoot here and Goph fans should indeed be concerned. On the Sioux City website, they mention that Mueller made a visit in early April where he (or his father) stated that they are in the process of making a decision as to whether he will play for them in the USHL or for Everett of the WHL.

Everett feels pretty confident that he will be in a Tips uniform next year.

Here is a link
http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/05/04/16/100spo_silvertips001.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad