'05-'06 NTDP U17 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with the lack of quality information about who has been invited and who has been accepted to the NTDP for next season. So far I've only heard (from sources I would trust) that forward Matt Rust and d-man Ian Cole were invited and accepted. I've heard rumors about other players but nothing I fully trust. Does anyone have any kind of reliable information on who was invited and who has accepted?

I've also heard that Peter Mueller will NOT be coming back to the program (he'll either be in the USHL or the WHL) which I believe is true. There has been talk that d-man Nigel Williams will be joining the U18 team next season which I don't really understand since they have plenty of quality d-men in the age group already in the program. Will Chad Morin stay or leave? Will any other '88 d-men leave? Has any '88 forward been invited to replace Dan Fardig? Is it true that Kyle Lawson may stay in the program next year instead of going to the USHL (he won't go to Notre Dame until '06)?

:dunno:

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Nigel Williams is coming to the program next season. Another forward from Minnesota has commited to take Fardigs place. I don't know who he is. As of right now they have nine Defensemen commited for next season. I believe they feel someone is going to leave but no one has said so yet. I have heard a few kids have visited Major Junior clubs recently so it remains to be seen who returns.

Funkymoses

cagney said:
I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with the lack of quality information about who has been invited and who has been accepted to the NTDP for next season. So far I've only heard (from sources I would trust) that forward Matt Rust and d-man Ian Cole were invited and accepted. I've heard rumors about other players but nothing I fully trust. Does anyone have any kind of reliable information on who was invited and who has accepted?

I don't know how reliable this is, but Chris Heisenberg's NCAA hockey recruits page has the following players listed as NTDP bound:
D Kevin Shattenkirk
D Joe Lavin
C Jimmy Hayes
D Ian Cole
C Ryan Schnell
D Ted Ruth
G Brad Phillips
W Justin Vaive (listed as from Ontario... dual citizen thing a la Bailey?)

scroll down to the bottom to see 'em. Heisenberg's a good source but not 100% so far out in the future relative to college.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, I saw the Heisenberg sites take but the fact that Matt Rust, who I know has commited to the program, is not listed like the others makes me wonder just how accurate he is (at least as far as the NTDP is concerned).

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
cagney said:
Yeah, I saw the Heisenberg sites take but the fact that Matt Rust, who I know has commited to the program, is not listed like the others makes me wonder just how accurate he is (at least as far as the NTDP is concerned).

Do you have a subscription to USHR, cagney? Those guys are usually the ones that breaks stories on whose committed where (within the US anyway) first, and I'm not just talking college commitments either. They break news about stuff like whose USHL-bound, etc.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, I have a USHR subscription but they haven't released a tryout camp review nor made any mention of who has been invited/accepted to the program. They've been great in years past but I'm pretty dissapointed with them this year.

dangle

Oct 19, 2004
Does anyone know, why does Dan Fardig, and '86 birth year, play with the NTDP which is '87 and '88 birth years? And it seems that he usually plays with the '88s like tonight.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
He is a local player and he was brought back as a character player to help lead the younger players. He's a great kid and I believe he really helped to show the younger players how to handle every aspect of the program.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
bigd said:
He is a local player and he was brought back as a character player to help lead the younger players. He's a great kid and I believe he really helped to show the younger players how to handle every aspect of the program.
Sorry to say, he is indeed a greast kid, but was a gift to the program when Mantha left, didn't belong and NEVER played in an 18 tourney. No knock on the kid, it was a reward for the parents housing a kid since inception-like it or not. He is a great young man, regardless of hockey.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Peter will either go to the WHL or Michigan. He and Johnson are REAL close and Peter's younger brother playes in Detroit. Besides, Kessel going to Minnesota changes a lot. He is NOT particulary liked nor is he a team guy. Watch this and say I told you so.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Hab Fan said:
Peter will either go to the WHL or Michigan. He and Johnson are REAL close and Peter's younger brother playes in Detroit. Besides, Kessel going to Minnesota changes a lot. He is NOT particulary liked nor is he a team guy. Watch this and say I told you so.

You are so beyond out of touch, it is difficult to fathom. Mueller committed to Minnesota a long time ago and he has been quoted numerous times about his desire to play college hockey for the Gophers. In fact, one of his comments in the paper when the USA team played Minnesota back in February was "How can you pull against the Gophs?"

The only way this kid goes the WHL is if his attempt at accelerating his studies falls through. It doesn't sound as if it has. Thanks for the laugh though. :D

BTW, Kessel signed his letter of intent for Minnesota. Looks as if your big talk about him still going to the OHL is out of steam. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Just thought I'd post that the only reason USHR hasn't posted their review is because the guys who runs the site had some personal issues he had to attend to. It's a really good site so I didn't want to deter anyone who might be interested.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
PuckFan01 said:
You are so beyond out of touch, it is difficult to fathom. Mueller committed to Minnesota a long time ago and he has been quoted numerous times about his desire to play college hockey for the Gophers. In fact, one of his comments in the paper when the USA team played Minnesota back in February was "How can you pull against the Gophs?"

The only way this kid goes the WHL is if his attempt at accelerating his studies falls through. It doesn't sound as if it has. Thanks for the laugh though. :D

BTW, Kessel signed his letter of intent for Minnesota. Looks as if your big talk about him still going to the OHL is out of steam. :biglaugh:
Hey Puck Fan, I NEVER said Kessel would go Major junior, way too tough for him. I will enjoy sitting back and watching Mueller decide between the WHL or Michigan. I am just relaying from sources inside the NTDP. Actually, Kessel is NOT a team character type player, and is not one of Mueller's friends. It seems everyone in the US program thought or I should say knew Kessel would NOT go to Wisconsin or Michigan due to the strength of Eaves and Berenson. This is not a knock on the kid, just the fact that he is more interested in himself than team or winning. Of course your entitled to your opinion, but I might add, you should only be entitled to an opinion if you have knowledge of the subject.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
thanx.... if he does find his way out there that team might be able to do something next season.... does anyone know much about zach hamil? i heard him being mentioned and a top pick in the draft as well....

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
fedorov_jr said:
thanx.... if he does find his way out there that team might be able to do something next season.... does anyone know much about zach hamil? i heard him being mentioned and a top pick in the draft as well....
If Everett can pry Mueller over there they will have one hell of a good team for 2-3 years. Those two playing together would just make pure magic happen.

Hamill is as electrifying as it gets. Kid can do things with a broken collarbone that most can't do without. I'll never forget that, during Bantam's, had a broken collarbone, he'd dress sit on the end of the bench just to intimidate the opponents, 'cause we'd be afraid he'd step on the ice. I swear he played like 6 shifts against us all year, and scored 10 goals. He was amazing, whether he was shadowed or not.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Fedz said:
If Everett can pry Mueller over there they will have one hell of a good team for 2-3 years. Those two playing together would just make pure magic happen.

Hamill is as electrifying as it gets. Kid can do things with a broken collarbone that most can't do without. I'll never forget that, during Bantam's, had a broken collarbone, he'd dress sit on the end of the bench just to intimidate the opponents, 'cause we'd be afraid he'd step on the ice. I swear he played like 6 shifts against us all year, and scored 10 goals. He was amazing, whether he was shadowed or not.

Amazingly Ben Maxwell was actually a better bantam player than Hamill.

Pcity84

Apr 3, 2004
Peter Mueller will NEVER don a Michigan Uniform. I am going to venture a guess and claim that you have no "sources" from the National Development Program, and made most of this information up on your own. Mueller is listed as committed to the University of Minnesota for 2006 on Chris Heisenber's website. He is currently deciding between the WHL route or playing in the USHL next year followed by the University of Minnesota the year after.

Read this: http://www.musketeershockey.com/news.asp?id=218

Michigan was never even an option for Peter.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Funkymoses said:
Unforunately, this dude is right. Mueller committed to Minnesota over a year ago and has had multiple articles that cite that playing for the Gophers is a long time "dream" of his. He's going to Minnesota and nowhere else.
Just wait and see. I stand by my prediction. And bt the way, I have better sources inside the US program than you can EVER have, my God son is on the team!

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Crosby=Gretzky said:
The Silvertips team in 2005-06:
Zasitko-Hamill-Mueller
Ellington-Blatchford
Hromas-Leavitt-Calla
Baranka-Love
Memorial Cup next!

Love is an '84. So unless he can play as a 21 yr old then he's outa the picture.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Hab Fan said:
Just wait and see. I stand by my prediction. And bt the way, I have better sources inside the US program than you can EVER have, my God son is on the team!

You'll end up wrong. Just like you were with Kessel. But few people will care enough about some anonymous poster being wrong again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad