GDT: 03/30/2013 | Los Angeles Kings @ Minnesota Wild | 7:00 PM CST FSN & FSWI

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
165114816_slide.jpg

He just floatin :laugh:

Love hearing DONT STOP THE PARTY in the background. I cant help but think we have something to do with that.

http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=849&id=232745&cmpid=embed-share-video

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stoner can be clumsy, and has no creativity, but we need team size and toughness, especially in the playoffs when teams such as the Kings (or Boston or Philly,etc.) start to play the bully card. I think he needs to be kept, albeit playing limited minutes as a 6 th or 7 th D.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Some pretty funny pics in here. Haven't seen Quick melt down that bad like...ever, really. He used to get really mad at himself and it was awesome because he always bounced back with a shutout. This year, you can tell the injury is physically messing with him and mentally wrecking him. It's a real bummer.

Now that I've had time to cool down and I"m paying for last night's festivities, just wanted to say great game--VERY entertaining--and nice to finally see you guys in action. I wish that overtime could have gone on a bit longer! If the next two are anything like this one, should be a great finish to the season. You guys are every bit deserving of that NW title, imo...good luck, and see you...Thursday is it? Awesome! I was watching Brodin a lot--wow. Hopefully we can rough him up a bit more next time, heh.

...and yes, we are bipolar over there. The manic-depressive nature of wins and losses, and when teams are that evenly matched...Kings are usually money at holding the lead, so last night's was a stinger.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Some pretty funny pics in here. Haven't seen Quick melt down that bad like...ever, really. He used to get really mad at himself and it was awesome because he always bounced back with a shutout. This year, you can tell the injury is physically messing with him and mentally wrecking him. It's a real bummer.

Now that I've had time to cool down and I"m paying for last night's festivities, just wanted to say great game--VERY entertaining--and nice to finally see you guys in action. I wish that overtime could have gone on a bit longer! If the next two are anything like this one, should be a great finish to the season. You guys are every bit deserving of that NW title, imo...good luck, and see you...Thursday is it? Awesome! I was watching Brodin a lot--wow. Hopefully we can rough him up a bit more next time, heh.

...and yes, we are bipolar over there. The manic-depressive nature of wins and losses, and when teams are that evenly matched...Kings are usually money at holding the lead, so last night's was a stinger.

Our fan base is pretty bi polar too. That being said I hope we don't have to face you guys round 1...you're size will be tough for us over a 7 game series.

Cheers to the playoffs though as we both appear to be heading in that direction!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Our fan base is pretty bi polar too. That being said I hope we don't have to face you guys round 1...you're size will be tough for us over a 7 game series.

Cheers to the playoffs though as we both appear to be heading in that direction!

And your transition is a pain in the ass for us!

Go grab that 2-3 seed and leave us alone for a round ;)

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Haven't read any of this thread and all of this may have been said already. Kings PGT...:laugh:

If Cullen's goal should have been stopped then so should have Carter's (wanted to post that in there so badly)

Mods here are very professional but everyone there is crying like b******

Also no mention of Stoners gift wrapped goal for them?

Yea they deserved it...

I think we have the best and most tolerant mods so far when comparing to any other subforum.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
That was my 10th game of the season, and I must say, that atmosphere rivaled the Chicago game for me, it may have even surpassed it. The fans were excellent.

People were standing, cheering and yelling during situations they normally wouldn't, chants and cheers were reverberating around the arena and it was just fantastic all around.

Great game to take my cousin to, who was at her first hockey game sitting in the seats we do where the action is that close.

It was actually her that had me still standing before that Parise goal went in.

Our section of the lower bowl was all standing for that 5 on 3, and then the team bungles it and slowly Minnesota sports pessimism sets in and people start sitting one by one, and then we are kind of that "last line of defense" for those who want to stand. I try to sit, she grabs my sleeve and says "DON'T GIVE UP" seconds later. GOAL PARISE!!!!!

Huge call. One of my favorite memories from being in the stands this season.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I don't know, I didn't care for Clark as much as everyone else. Sure, he jumped up in the rush a few times and got a couple of shots through (quite the feat for this defense). However, his gaps at the blueline are the worst this team's seen since Nick Schultz. Completely unacceptable. On the Dustin Brown goal, he was straight beaten out of the corner by Brown. Can't be beaten 1-1 on a penalty kill and we seen the result when you are. Gilbert played it right, BTW.

No offense man, but it's been one game. Notably his first in the league for quite a while. If he's doing this in his 5th game back, I'd get that.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
That was my 10th game of the season, and I must say, that atmosphere rivaled the Chicago game for me, it may have even surpassed it. The fans were excellent.

People were standing, cheering and yelling during situations they normally wouldn't, chants and cheers were reverberating around the arena and it was just fantastic all around.

Great game to take my cousin to, who was at her first hockey game sitting in the seats we do where the action is that close.

It was actually her that had me still standing before that Parise goal went in.

Our section of the lower bowl was all standing for that 5 on 3, and then the team bungles it and slowly Minnesota sports pessimism sets in and people start sitting one by one, and then we are kind of that "last line of defense" for those who want to stand. I try to sit, she grabs my sleeve and says "DON'T GIVE UP" seconds later. GOAL PARISE!!!!!

Huge call. One of my favorite memories from being in the stands this season.

Were you over in the 115/116 area? I was in 113 and there was a section to my left that stood for a good chunk of the game.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how predictable the Wild shooutout moves were. I think all three of those guys have been doing the same move all year and they're still effective. That probably explains why Quick was so pissed.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I was strangely okay with the Wild getting beat last night. Missed the 1st half of the game, watched LA build the lead, and thought, these are the Champs after all, and a team I feel is underrated by most.

Watching the Wild pull that off, well, they need to beat the Ducks, and they will be free of complexes entering the playoffs.

Hats off Mike Yeo and Co.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
They "don't stop the party" while they were interviewing Parise was hilarious

The Medal of Honor recipient and Silver Star buddies of his from here that took him to the game was awesome. Place was very hard.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Oh and Clutterbuck giving Stoll a kidney punch (think it was him he punched) when the play went down the ice was pretty epic.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Were you over in the 115/116 area? I was in 113 and there was a section to my left that stood for a good chunk of the game.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how predictable the Wild shooutout moves were. I think all three of those guys have been doing the same move all year and they're still effective. That probably explains why Quick was so pissed.

109/110 is where I usually sit (near the aisles of either one).

That side of the rink was standing more than anyone to our right though.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Her deep Canadian accent was pretty funny combined with her opera style singing the Anthem.

I think she does teach opera singing somewhere, either Zenon or Russo said so. She's Konopka's sister, if you didn't know.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think she does teach opera singing somewhere, either Zenon or Russo said so. She's Konopka's sister, if you didn't know.

Z was quoted on Twitter or something from Russo of saying she teaches Opera and has a degree in it and that she got all the good qualities and his nose used to look like her :biglaugh: she is a looker that's for sure.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad