GDT: 03/25/17 - Canucks @ Wild - 1PM CT / 8PM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
The good news: We know that we have to get rid of some of the core. Or just get some new leadership.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Relax a bit.

Boudreau has finally a reversed situation, he's used to winning the division / even the Presidents' - and losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Just win in April and May/June (no-one cares about Oct-March afterwards).

Have to admit though, everyone thought that the Wild had such great depth on the D, but the D has actually been awful since the all-star break

Scandella: practically disaster the last 10-15 games
Brodin: far from what he was before the injury (and the Wild was winning practically all the time when he was injured)
Olofsson: not a guy ready for the 2017 playoffs, he was given way too much icetime these last games

Last edited:

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Relax a bit.

Boudreau has finally a reversed situation, he's used to winning the division / even the Presidents' - and losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Just win in April and May/June (no-one cares about Oct-March afterwards).

Have to admit though, everyone thought that the Wild had such great depth on the D, but the D has actually been awful since the all-star break

Scandella: practically disaster the last 10-15 games
Brodin: far from what he was before the injury (and the Wild was winning practically all the time when he was injured)
Olofsson: not a guy ready for the 2017 playoffs, he was given way too much icetime these last games

Is it Stevens who is making him to play so offensive or is it just him?

Scandella is a great guy, but atm he is such a mess defensively.

Aceofspades

Mar 24, 2017
Finland
Nice to hear he sees it the same way I do, we need killer instincts, especially going in to playoffs you have to go to a primitive dark place in your mind.
We have a collection of smart and civilized guys with good ethics, they need to get kicked in to being street smart.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Bb says being nice not working, now they practice hard. Probably should have had that idea a few games ago....

PlusMinusZero

Sep 19, 2014
Sastamala
They really should have gone after a backup goalie in TDL instead of Hanzal.

This game was NOT lost because of Kuemper but he did let in softies too.But Hanzal is just pure garbage.

Whole team was atrocious in this game,and if it's only this game I wouldn't protect anyone in draft.Holy **** that was bad.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
BB should look back to when they were winning, and get Prosser back in the lineup!!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hanzal is garbage?

I'd say a bunch of players look like they aren't doing too enough, and some others are trying to do too much. As much as I would like blame our goalies, or one or two players, that simply isn't the case. A LOT of our players just aren't playing well. Koivu, who has had a very good year, is playing like an old dog who needs to be put down. Coyle plays like he has had a lobotomy. Scandella is energetic and pressing the play at some times, and strangely forgetful about covering men in front of his own net at others, though he isn't alone in that department.
Zucker is playing his ass off, but the puck just isn't going in. Dumba...some days it's two steps forward, one step back, and other days it's one step forward and two steps back.

I'm not as ready to worship at the Grantland altar as the rest of you, but if the whole team played with the energy he and Zucker do then we'd be in a lot better shape.

I don't know what to say about Haula, except that previous thoughts that he might be top 6 worthy are laughable at this point. It can't be easy playing with Stewart and White, but still...

It's like this team can't wait to rim the puck on a dump in, then cycle along the boards till we turn it over.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Did you actually watch the game or just look at the box score? lol

519mXf3pR2L._SX300_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad