GDT: 03/25/17 - Canucks @ Wild - 1PM CT / 8PM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
cut.jpg

NHL.com preview said:
Minnesota tries again to clinch playoff berth; goaltender Richard Bachman to start for Vancouver

After a 4-1 loss at the St. Louis Blues on Thursday, the Canucks, 1-5-2 in their past eight games, were mathematically eliminated from Stanley Cup Playoff contention. "You try to keep yourself kind of positive and stay energized, but it's tough when you're out of [the playoff race]," center Brandon Sutter said after practice Friday. "It's not easy, it's kind of a tough time of year, but you've just got to keep pushing through, and the more character we show in that kind of helps us next year. Just trying to get better."

The Minnesota Wild, 2-8-0 in their past 10 games, will try again to clinch a Stanley Cup Playoff berth with a victory. They are eight points behind the Chicago Blackhawks for first place in the Central Division and Western Conference with one game in hand. The Wild hope to get a boost from the expected return of defenseman Christian Folin, who has missed 10 games with an upper-body injury. "He's a big defenseman that can play physical when he's on top of his game," coach Bruce Boudreau said Friday, "and we certainly could use that."

Canucks projected lineup

Daniel Sedin -- Henrik Sedin -- Michael Chaput

Sven Baertschi -- Bo Horvat -- Reid Boucher

Jack Skille -- Brandon Sutter -- Nikolay Goldobin

Joe Labate -- Drew Shore -- Alex Biega

Alexander Edler -- Troy Stecher

Luca Sbisa -- Christopher Tanev

Ben Hutton -- Nikita Tryamkin

Richard Bachman

Ryan Miller

Scratched: Philip Larsen, Joseph Cramarossa

IR: Markus Granlund (wrist), Jacob Markström (illness), Derek Dorsett (back), Erik Gudbranson (wrist), Anton Rodin (knee), Loui Eriksson (knee), Jayson Megna (upper body), Brendan Gaunce (hand)

Wild projected lineup

Charlie Coyle -- Eric Staal -- Zach Parise

Jason Zucker -- Mikko Koivu -- Mikael Granlund

Nino Niederreiter -- Martin Hanzal -- Jason Pominville

Chris Stewart -- Erik Haula -- Jordan Schroeder

Ryan Suter -- Jared Spurgeon

Marco Scandella -- Matt Dumba

Jonas Brodin -- Christian Folin

Devan Dubnyk

Darcy Kuemper

Scratched: Ryan White, Nate Prosser
Injured: Victor Bartley (arm)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

U5ibRw6.gif

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
Losing has been tough but the part that gets men is they have been playing boring hockey like Lemaire/Yeo era boring

They probably won't catch Chicago, but they need to get back into their style of play which was ton of fun.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hoping for something different today... some sign that the Wild are pulling out of this funk. It's been awful.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Driving from Indy to Wisco today. This game will give me something to refrain from playing the Florida game winning shot over and over in my head.

Stomp them. Just do it.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Oh, I wasn't doubting you! Just surprised that he would go for such a quick turnaround!

Im not surprised by the signing but yes I am also very surprised he is playing today. My guess is that he's playing because he has the opportunity to make his NHL debut in his hometown which will be an amazing experience for him.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Wish Parise would have shot that low... Coyle could have gotten a rebound. Didn't really have a good shot at the one-timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad