GDT: 03/23/2013 | San Jose @ Minnesota | 1:00 PM CST FSN & FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
This was a fun game to go to, my girlfriend and her dad went with me, and they're from San Jose, so they're life long sharks fans...

They were talking a bunch of **** before the game so it was fun to rub it in their face.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
3W1Utf2.gif

He's missing the shades!

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
What!? No way.

I gotta take a look back.

I don't have any idea what thread it happened on, but it was something along the lines of "I feel a winning streak coming on very soon"...and then the streak started. I've been thinking about it for the last day just amazed at the sorcery. :yo:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Which one of you TOTALLY called a winning streak like..5 games ago? I know I saw it.

Wasn't me. I called losing streak after the Anaheim game. It's nice to be wrong sometimes.

Really wish I could change my avatar back to Karkat + Aviators. But I don't dare mess with my avatar while this streak is going.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
I see. So basically attempt to skim past every other post.

Pretty much. It is just like flipping through a reality tv channel, or turning the dial when a good example Pitbull song is on. This is just a silly fad like any other fad out there and eventually it will go away like most fads. Just for some unknown reason this seemed to stick around once the team started to get hot and people like to make fun of the ridiculousness of Pitbull and the obnoxious amount of times to commercial is on. I can almost gaurentee you that almost now one posting on you enjoys him. So the. The question you might ask is why do we all do it? Or as you say be a lemming or jump on the bandwagon? Because this is an Internet message board and people love to do stuff like this on these sites. Look at other teams boards and they have themed avatars or have things they say like our Brodin bacon thing that other fans might not get. It is like when the Gophers dyed their hair blonde last year during the tournament run, it is just bringing people together having fun.

I understand it is annoying for you. I also know you aren't just trying to be a wet blanket and that you also like to have fun, but just in a different way. I wish their was a filter so it could filter out the Pitbull stuff for you because I enjoy your hockey post. So yeah the best advice I can give is just try to ignore the Pitbull stuff.

THEALLKNOWING*

I honestly do not miss Burns (on ice play) at all.

not one bit.

I agree on Burnsie. I am so glad he is not on the Wild. Has always been a bit on the chippy side as well, which you don't notice when he was on our side.

For those getting down on Stoner, don't forget his d-partner Spurgeon. I don't care if he scores a goal (Dumba hopefully will fill his slot), he is absolutely horrible on the d-side.

BTW, for those calling for Coyle to be off the first line because he doesn't score, there is a reason he is there. He does the dirty work along the boards, wins battles behind the net. I know he is viewed as a superstar, and goal-scorer, but watch Parise closely. He rarely wins battle for the puck unless its with some sort of stick-poke. But you have to watch more than the replay of his scoring the goal to see it. It is good that he can put the puck in the net when given the chance. But others seem to be doing all the work for it to occur.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I agree on Burnsie. I am so glad he is not on the Wild. Has always been a bit on the chippy side as well, which you don't notice when he was on our side.

For those getting down on Stoner, don't forget his d-partner Spurgeon. I don't care if he scores a goal (Dumba hopefully will fill his slot), he is absolutely horrible on the d-side.

BTW, for those calling for Coyle to be off the first line because he doesn't score, there is a reason he is there. He does the dirty work along the boards, wins battles behind the net. I know he is viewed as a superstar, and goal-scorer, but watch Parise closely. He rarely wins battle for the puck unless its with some sort of stick-poke. But you have to watch more than the replay of his scoring the goal to see it. It is good that he can put the puck in the net when given the chance. But others seem to be doing all the work for it to occur.

:help: Come on now bud. He wins puck battles all the time

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Big difference between Coyle and Parise is that when Parise gets the puck, he can hang on to it and make things happen.

Coyle has that talent and it WILL come, I am positive of that. Just not now.

Those turnovers tonight, again...brutal. Makes a nice play with the breakaway, re-gains the puck...and then passes it right on the tape of the other team.

Agreed on Spurgeon, he didn't look good last night and hasn't been very good defensively this year. It's different from earlier seasons though. He wasn't this bad before. His skating seems a little slow and it looks like he's feeling rushed.

But Stoner...wow. First 10 minutes of the game, he takes a penalty because he's not moving his feet, he gets beat on an icing (along with Spurgeon), and then he falls over and gives up the puck.

Definitely need to add a top four defenseman to this team and get Gilbert back up to speed.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Pretty much. It is just like flipping through a reality tv channel, or turning the dial when a good example Pitbull song is on. This is just a silly fad like any other fad out there and eventually it will go away like most fads. Just for some unknown reason this seemed to stick around once the team started to get hot and people like to make fun of the ridiculousness of Pitbull and the obnoxious amount of times to commercial is on. I can almost gaurentee you that almost now one posting on you enjoys him. So the. The question you might ask is why do we all do it? Or as you say be a lemming or jump on the bandwagon? Because this is an Internet message board and people love to do stuff like this on these sites. Look at other teams boards and they have themed avatars or have things they say like our Brodin bacon thing that other fans might not get. It is like when the Gophers dyed their hair blonde last year during the tournament run, it is just bringing people together having fun.

I understand it is annoying for you. I also know you aren't just trying to be a wet blanket and that you also like to have fun, but just in a different way. I wish their was a filter so it could filter out the Pitbull stuff for you because I enjoy your hockey post. So yeah the best advice I can give is just try to ignore the Pitbull stuff.

I get it. Hell I'll even give you it might be an age thing. I'm older (42) But in all honesty, I still think it's a dopey, bandwagon type thing to do. The commercials themselves might be mildly annoying, but they're far more tolerable than the endless photoshop pics and posts about it. Most trends have always annoyed me. Just comes across as a mindless pack mentality. And it is. I don't disagree with what you're saying but, by the same token people don't like my occasional posts about it could also take their own advice and ignore it. But, hey all in all whatever gets people through their day. I guess at the very least it's still better than the majority of the negative dopes and entitled whiners on the official Wild forums.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Dude, it's a joke. We don't actually like Pitbull's music. You gotta lighten up.

lol, like I said. I get the idea behind the thing. No one truly likes the dude or his music. It's not like I'm missing the joke. It's just an annoying trend. I simply don't think it's funny like you guys do. The same thing as the goofy unicorn crap from a while back. You can't possibly expect everyone to find the same stuff funny. I think Legit is one of the funniest TV shows on next to The League. Not everyone thinks those shows are hilarious. Just the way it is.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Why do you make such a big deal out of it? If it annoys you so much just stick away for a week or two and it'll have cooled off.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
I get it. Hell I'll even give you it might be an age thing. I'm older (42) But in all honesty, I still think it's a dopey, bandwagon type thing to do. The commercials themselves might be mildly annoying, but they're far more tolerable than the endless photoshop pics and posts about it. Most trends have always annoyed me. Just comes across as a mindless pack mentality. And it is. I don't disagree with what you're saying but, by the same token people don't like my occasional posts about it could also take their own advice and ignore it. But, hey all in all whatever gets people through their day. I guess at the very least it's still better than the majority of the negative dopes and entitled whiners on the official Wild forums.

Understandable. Pretty much this is a situation where people here will have to agree to disagree. What we can all agree on is how well this team is playing!:yo:

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Big difference between Coyle and Parise is that when Parise gets the puck, he can hang on to it and make things happen.

Coyle has that talent and it WILL come, I am positive of that. Just not now.

Those turnovers tonight, again...brutal. Makes a nice play with the breakaway, re-gains the puck...and then passes it right on the tape of the other team.

Agreed on Spurgeon, he didn't look good last night and hasn't been very good defensively this year. It's different from earlier seasons though. He wasn't this bad before. His skating seems a little slow and it looks like he's feeling rushed.

But Stoner...wow. First 10 minutes of the game, he takes a penalty because he's not moving his feet, he gets beat on an icing (along with Spurgeon), and then he falls over and gives up the puck.

Definitely need to add a top four defenseman to this team and get Gilbert back up to speed.

Totally agree.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Why do you make such a big deal out of it? If it annoys you so much just stick away for a week or two and it'll have cooled off.

Your attention to detail is what impresses me most. ;)

by the same token people don't like my occasional posts about it could also take their own advice and ignore it. But, hey all in all whatever gets people through their day.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Your attention to detail is what impresses me most. ;)

Oh I don't mind your posts, I just don't think they're overly sensible way for spending your own time. And I'm sure missing that part of your post shows some subconscius effort to follow your advice. ;)

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Oh I don't mind your posts, I just don't think they're overly sensible way for spending your own time. And I'm sure missing that part of your post shows some subconscius effort to follow your advice. ;)

I see. But you're completely ok with the Pitbull ramblings and debating me on the issue. Definitely time well spent by that theory then eh? :laugh:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
lol, like I said. I get the idea behind the thing. No one truly likes the dude or his music. It's not like I'm missing the joke. It's just an annoying trend. I simply don't think it's funny like you guys do. The same thing as the goofy unicorn crap from a while back. You can't possibly expect everyone to find the same stuff funny. I think Legit is one of the funniest TV shows on next to The League. Not everyone thinks those shows are hilarious. Just the way it is.

I'm the same age as you and I generally have the same opinion regarding lame trends. I hated "The Macarena" when that was popular and am usually annoyed by all the new trends and the followers of them.

But for some reason (and I don't know why), I'm having a little fun with this one.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'm the same age as you and I generally have the same opinion regarding lame trends. I hated "The Macarena" when that was popular and am usually annoyed by all the new trends and the followers of them.

But for some reason (and I don't know why), I'm having a little fun with this one.

The Macarena I think didn't bug me as much simply because I could avoid it. Although that thing that was popular for about 2 weeks that thankfully has died off now was annoying. The Harlem Shake thing. That was all over fb. Luckily never did see what it was. They played the song once on the Power Trip show once. It was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad