Pre-Game Talk: 02/18/2013 MAPLE LEAFS (9-6-0) at PANTHERS (4-6-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I know it doesn't mean much, but we have the best +/- goal differential in our division, and 3rd best in East. (Behind Pittsburgh, and Tampa :amazed:)

:yo:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
On paper this matchup should favour us, but the Panthers absolutely DESTROYED us last season. They went 4-0 against us last season, and a couple of them were straight up blow outs. I believe the only team we did worse against was Boston?

With Riemer, Lupul, Frattin and Gunnarsson injured this will be far from an easy victory.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Which basically means that we win big and if we lose, it's close.

And to me, that's a sign of a good team. Good teams don't lose in blow-outs (for the most part).

We have many similarities with Boston this season (except standings lol). Focus on defense, opportunistic offense, strong reliance on goalies. And losing close and winning huge.

Badger Mayhew*

Last year's record against Florida literally means nothing.

SteveV*

When Versteeg does that thing with his mouthpiece, let's hope Orr blindsides him ;) That was easily the most annoying habit of any Leaf I can remember.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Tonight has letdown written all over it. I hope the boys prove me wrong.

TML g u n n e R s*

Bet all 500 of my cash on the Leafs. We got this.

500 $ on this game for me

200 on leafs scoing 2.5 + goals

winning the game 200

leading in 1st 100

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :leafs GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

w2fwx3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We haven't seen many 60 minute efforts this year. We have to be more consistent, especially as games get tougher.

So after 2 bad games, one of them being a win, I hope they can take at least 3 points out of this back-to-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad