3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's an incredibly minor point and doesn't take away from the fact that he had a great game tonight. One assist being taken away isn't the end of the world.

I want him to show up AV though by leading the team in points this season with such ridiculous ice time. It'll reflect really poorly on AV if that happens.

He's now 3 points behind Zucc instead of 2. Not the biggest deal, but could matter at the end of the season.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Just curious does the coaching staff get any credit for helping develop Buch behind the scenes? Are we all privy to what goes on in practice. He has improved at both ends of the ice compared to last season.I hope by the end of the season he puts up 60 plus points and keeps progressing like he has this season.I mean Julien could have been the coach of this team and who knows if Buch would even be playing ;)

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
A win is a win is a win. Nash boosting his trade value at the right time. I'm watching the Leafs and boy could they use him.

Lundvist has to be a Vezina finalist and get Hart votes. Starting in March I'm going to pelt my Twitter feed with Lundqvist stats. The defense is just pathetic. Andersen is in a similar boat but I think Lundqvist is subjected to playing behing a bigger stain of a blue line.

You know, that 2nd rounder for Smith pretty much is going be a first rounder, and that prospect will one day haunt us. Mark my words.

Get rid of him. Played his best hockey in a walk year and mailed it in when his pockets got fat. His two shifts in the 3rd before the DOG were horrid, and my exact words to my wife were "This turd is going to cost them the lead".

Sure enough, the next shift he shakes in his boots from a forecheck and flips it out.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah Nash collecting 5 points in 2 games - 4 goals, but give Buch some credits too some great passes the last two games.
I`m watching LA - Pens. :)

Reactions: bl02

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Observation: three of Nash's goals were snap shots of some distance from the goaltender instead of dekes. Doesn't have the dangles anymore so shoots from outside to give the puck some elevation by the time it reaches the net. And he's made some nice passes recently. Maybe he really is changing his game.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
A win is a win is a win. Nash boosting his trade value at the right time. I'm watching the Leafs and boy could they use him.

Lundvist has to be a Vezina finalist and get Hart votes. Starting in March I'm going to pelt my Twitter feed with Lundqvist stats. The defense is just pathetic. Andersen is in a similar boat but I think Lundqvist is subjected to playing behing a bigger stain of a blue line.

You know, that 2nd rounder for Smith pretty much is going be a first rounder, and that prospect will one day haunt us. Mark my words.

Get rid of him. Played his best hockey in a walk year and mailed it in when his pockets got fat. His two shifts in the 3rd before the DOG were horrid, and my exact words to my wife were "This turd is going to cost them the lead".

Sure enough, the next shift he shakes in his boots from a forecheck and flips it out.

With Vasy starting to fall apart I think Hank has a real shot at the Vezina if he keeps on playing like this.

Vasy's 4 latest starts have all been sub 900 with most of them in the low to mid 800s and even 1 game sub 800.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

The leafs will be another first round exit if they don't pick up mcdonagh and nash or at least the former. There is no way they beat either the lightning or the bruins which right now look like the most complete team in hockey as crazy as that may sound

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
The leafs will be another first round exit if they don't pick up mcdonagh and nash or at least the former. There is no way they beat either the lightning or the bruins which right now look like the most complete team in hockey as crazy as that may sound
The Bruins have built themselves up really well. Whether or not they are at peak performance during post-season is another thing, but they look really good from the 5 or 6 games I have watched, plus all the other observations.
Contrary to what I thought just a couple of weeks ago, I no longer really believe that the Lightning have any pre-ordained advantage. They have their own problems, though their depth is very good.

Reactions: bl02

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That top line looks very good.

By the way no one can tell me that Columbus is better than us. They stink can’t score. Penguins and Wash are only teams in metro that I’d say are better. Even Pitt though has no goaltending.

Very tough call for management to sell or not with how wide open this season is.

Reactions: Ori and egelband

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

By the way no one can tell me that Columbus is better than us. They stink can’t score. Penguins and Wash are only teams in metro that I’d say are better. Even Pitt though has no goaltending.

Very tough call for management to sell or not with how wide open this season is.
Not really because this team isn’t going to win 2 games against any of the above mentioned teams let alone 4.

But anything can happen and GATE SALEZ!

So something dumb will happen... probably multiple somethings... wasting assets as “self rentals” etc.

And all because we beat the Flyers and Buffalo!

Whoop!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

On paper i still feel columbus is better than us but not by much. If the pens can find a way into the playoffs and get decent goaltending they will be a very tough out. Maybe the lightning at full strength could knock them off.
But yeah not easy decision to sell guys like zucc or mcdonagh but nash and grabs should be shopped especially if we can get first rounders.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
On paper i still feel columbus is better than us but not by much. If the pens can find a way into the playoffs and get decent goaltending they will be a very tough out. Maybe the lightning at full strength could knock them off.
But yeah not easy decision to sell guys like zucc or mcdonagh but nash and grabs should be shopped especially if we can get first rounders.

You scared m8?!?

We should double down on a player who will fix everything as Smith has.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
A win against the Sabres with 2 top 6 players out of the lineup is not bad. No matter how close it was. This same Sabres team beat Colombus the other night.
Yeah, I agree. I keep seeing people acting like the fact that it was a close game is an indictment on the Rangers and proof of how bad they are. There's plenty of legitimate things that you could use to make that point, but this? Nah. They just beat Columbus the other night, they've been playing good hockey for the last couple weeks. Plus in today's NHL any team can beat any team. Plus, it's a ROW. We're missing 2 of our top 6 forwards, both replaced by AHL guys and also missing one of our regular D men.

Honestly, missing Kreider who is our best forward and Hayes the matchup center and the 2C on an already weak center depth team? Any win is good, jut finding ways to stay afloat is the goal. Missing key players like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad