GDT: ♫ @ Otawwa Senaters 3pm eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Figures when I finally bench Pietro because he just isn't scoring, he ends up putting up 2 assists.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Hope JBo is OK. we have another afternoon game tomorrow so he won't get a chance to rest if he needs to

RR10*

I'll take 2 points. But I'm not satisfied with the overall play. Two great games so far (LA, Caps) and 18 meh performances. Not sure if we have that extra gear. Stastny, Backes, Oshie, Berglund look way off offensively. Steen is atleast creating some offense. + to STL, Steen, Shatty, fourth line, both goalies. Minus to the rest.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
lol at Sens fans saying Petro has been invisible!
2 points
+2
5 blocked shots
good game overall, made Ottawas best players "invisible"

he's had a good game today!

also liked Ells, good positioning and movement, not much he could do on the goals against

For the most part he was invisible, which is a great thing when he has two assists. He had a very solid game. Karlsson was not invisible, for all the wrong reasons. Two breakaways while he was on the ice, Lehtera stripped him and fed Frank wide open in the slot, and Steen had a partial break when he was caught on the wrong side of the puck. He is not good defensively. He just isn't. He should honestly just make the full transition to forward. He'd be so much more dangerous.

RR10*

Hope JBo is OK. we have another afternoon game tomorrow so he won't get a chance to rest if he needs to
Not a big deal. J-bo has been like any invisible third pair defender in the league. Call up Lindbohm and you won't notice any difference.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Not a big deal. J-bo has been like any invisible third pair defender in the league. Call up Lindbohm and you won't notice any difference.

I agree 1000%. He is ECHL quality. I wish we still had Mark Cundari

RR10*

For the most part he was invisible, which is a great thing when he has two assists. He had a very solid game. Karlsson was not invisible, for all the wrong reasons. Two breakaways while he was on the ice, Lehtera stripped him and fed Frank wide open in the slot, and Steen had a partial break when he was caught on the wrong side of the puck. He is not good defensively. He just isn't. He should honestly just make the full transition to forward. He'd be so much more dangerous.
Karlsson wouldn't be a good forward imo. He would probably put up less points. He's a great offensive defenseman and usually not that bad on defense, but he gave up much in this game. So does Pie every game, and he is not even close to Karlssons offense. It's pathetic to read some posters here trying to make Pietrangelo look good after this game. Sure he did not do any damage, but I didnt see any of the $7m he gets.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Karlsson wouldn't be a good forward imo. He would probably put up less points. He's a great offensive defenseman and usually not that bad on defense, but he gave up much in this game. So does Pie every game, and he is not even close to Karlssons offense. It's pathetic to read some posters here trying to make Pietrangelo look good after this game. Sure he did not do any damage, but I didnt see any of the $7m he gets.

Oh, boy...:laugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

:laugh: This is just hysterical.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Gentle rule reminder:

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; please keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

That is completely and totally false. Bouwmeester needs to be better, but saying he's an invisible third pairing defenseman that wouldn't be noticiblely different than Lindbohm is ridiculous.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That's OK, I seriously saw a post on the asylum saying to trade Bouwmeester because Chris Butler could easily replace him. :biglaugh:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Reminds me of a few years ago against Minny when they had that guy Bang (pronounced like the hippie accessory) and he could barely contain himself as he proclaimed "and Bang takes a big hit!"
That was Nashville.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
After a good game like this for Elliot, will he get the start again tomorrow, or will they give him the day off and go with Allen?

*edit* Also, alomst forgot, **** Ottawa! I can't ****ing stand them.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
I don't understand why everyone isn't ecstatic about this team so far. The fact that they can play outside of their system and still win games because of their skill is something that really excites me. In the past years, if they weren't executing Hitchcock's game plan of dumping everything in and hitting everything in sight, we weren't winning games. We can't play that way every night and expect to have gas in the tank come playoff time. The season is still young and we are in great position. Just wait until everyone starts clicking. Look out!

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm not happy because there is no real progress on the issues we've had since the start of the season. We had players coming out in October talking about our need to be more aggressive, heading towards December and it is the same passive nonsense.

I don't really care about winning games at this point, we're going to be in the playoffs. I don't care about Stastny, Pietrangelo, Backes, whoever... they are good enough players that they'll find their games as the season goes along.

Start improving the basics and I'll be happy. The PK isn't going to improve until they stop being so passive, the PP numbers are going to fall like they did in the second half of last season unless we can get someone other than Shattenkirk consistently executing zone entries. The passive play goes beyond the PK, too comfortable just skating backwards even when we have the numbers advantage. There is no need to hit everything that moves, but there is a lack of physicality in how the team is playing. Don't go out of your way, but if the check is there then finish it, it'll buy you a split second on the next shift. Etc etc.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'm not happy because there is no real progress on the issues we've had since the start of the season. We had players coming out in October talking about our need to be more aggressive, heading towards December and it is the same passive nonsense.

I don't really care about winning games at this point, we're going to be in the playoffs. I don't care about Stastny, Pietrangelo, Backes, whoever... they are good enough players that they'll find their games as the season goes along.

Start improving the basics and I'll be happy. The PK isn't going to improve until they stop being so passive, the PP numbers are going to fall like they did in the second half of last season unless we can get someone other than Shattenkirk consistently executing zone entries. The passive play goes beyond the PK, too comfortable just skating backwards even when we have the numbers advantage. There is no need to hit everything that moves, but there is a lack of physicality in how the team is playing. Don't go out of your way, but if the check is there then finish it, it'll buy you a split second on the next shift. Etc etc.

Yeah, right now Blues don't look like a contender. Of course, surprises are always possible, but they aren't intense enough, defense doesn't look good and scoring sucks.

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
Yeah, right now Blues don't look like a contender. Of course, surprises are always possible, but they aren't intense enough, defense doesn't look good and scoring sucks.

The Kings have only won one game on the road this year. Do you think they're not a contender?

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
The Kings have only won one game on the road this year. Do you think they're not a contender?

Well yeah, but the Kings have kind of "earned" that consideration since they have managed to sleep-walk through the regular season several times now.
The Blues haven't really done anything to deserve deference in this particular regard.

Plus they are having similar issues to the past couple of years (only one line scoring, etc. etc.) which are known to cause issues once they reach there.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range

This.
So much this.

At this point I'm ready to trade both of them, and Jackman and Cole for scraps. None of them are worth more than a 4th round pick (all of them are so overpaid) and every other GM in the league knows it. That's why Armstrong hasn't justly traded them off by now, all of them have moved from depreciating assets to being toxic ones.

I'd start a new topic on the trade board regarding this, but too many other teams' posters would buy into the hype and would offer things like multiple picks and other possibly good players.
And we can't have that, people need to realize just how much all 4 of them are at AHL-replacement quality while being paid strong money.

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad