Half-Assed GDT: ♪ vs. ⛽

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Call it a rebuild or retool, don't care. This next wave needs to get here fast so we can rid ourselves of the dead weight players.

I am seriously wondering if Tarasenko is the next Alexander Semin and not the next Alexander Ovechkin.
*more emphatic and repeated

What.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
016b3550-b0a4-0133-b366-0e438b3b98d1.gif

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Man, that third goal was so bad that I don’t know who to blame. One of the worst blown coverages by a collective group

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
*more emphatic and repeated

What.

I really hope I am wrong and this is just some kind of real bad slump but more and more he is looking like a perimeter player who is only dangerous when the other team gives him ample space. Put any kind of pressure on him this year and turns the puck time and time again.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
With that overall defensive play the Blues deserve that lose.

Nice to see TT get his 1st goal.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
They need to be shown videos of the LV Golden Knights. I'm not saying they have to play that way forever, but that is the style of play I would employ to turn things around. Sound hockey fundamentals!

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I kinda agree with Blanick on Tarasenko. He's not making any adjustment to his game right now and it seems that teams are finally figuring him out now. I hope to god it's just an anomaly and he breaks out but I'm starting to get nervous.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Tarasenko is firmly entrenched in one of his “I really don’t feel like playing moods”. He can’t be bothered to even win puck battles that are favorably skewed in his direction.

It would be frustrating if it wasn’t so expected.

Reactions: TruBlu

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
This might be a stretch, but I wonder how much Tarasenko's play has been effected by Ari's passing? I never met the girl and I was affected. He was very close to her. Maybe he just needs a break from hockey? we're all only human right?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I don’t agree that Tarasenko has been bad away from the puck or looks disinterested. He’s often double or triple-teamed. And who wouldn’t? No one else scores consistently. He’s actually been our best scorer as of late, I believe. Hasn’t he had two goals in 4 games?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
This might be a stretch, but I wonder how much Tarasenko's play has been effected by Ari's passing? I never met the girl and I was affected. He was very close to her. Maybe he just needs a break from hockey? we're all only human right?
Everyone is different, but when my Dad was dying of cancer, it was the one place where I could escape reality, have fun and relieve some aggression. If I dedicated a game in his honor in my mind, I usually played my best. Again everyone is different though.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
tank looks like he's giving up a little
I don’t care how bad it gets, I’m still not trading Thomas, Kyrou, TT, Kostin or Walman for a rental. Barbs, Blais sure.
I agree. we have a stocked group of kids coming up.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I don’t agree that Tarasenko has been bad away from the puck or looks disinterested. He’s often double or triple-teamed. And who wouldn’t? No one else scores consistently. He’s actually been our best scorer as of late, I believe. Hasn’t he had two goals in 4 games?
I think Tarasenko’s play away from the puck has gotten better than prior seasons. His play with the puck or when trying to win a puck battle are where I take issue. He looks way too lax. And while he has been double teamed at times, it doesn’t excuse one on one battles he looses where he has the advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad