Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If Nashville does end up winning this series, I really do think Vegas can take them down. At what point do we all finally believe that Vegas is just meant to win the whole darn thing? The whole ride has been nothing but momentum for them pretty much since Gm 1 back in October. It just doesn't stop.

I just can’t see them beating Winnipeg or Nashville...let alone Tampa or Washington. I’m probably wrong but whatever.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nashville certainly looks vulnerable. Not as dominant as I thought they'd be.

I mean, heck, Colorado took them to 6 games... I don't even know who I'd be rooting for between them and Vegas but the Knights going to the Cup is obviously a possibility. Which to me is one of the craziest things I'll have seen in sports if it happens.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Nashville certainly looks vulnerable. Not as dominant as I thought they'd be.

I mean, heck, Colorado took them to 6 games... I don't even know who I'd be rooting for between them and Vegas but the Knights going to the Cup is obviously a possibility. Which to me is one of the craziest things I'll have seen in sports if it happens.

Nashville has been weird in these playoffs. They have had 10-15 minute bursts where they look like the best team in the league and they were dominant in games 4 and 6 in this series. But they also have moments where they look completely terrible and RInne has been bad at home. I have no idea what Nashville team we will see in game 7, which is insane. 2 months ago I would have said Nashville at home in game 7 is a lock to bring their A game.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Game 3, Nashville came out with the lead and sagged back, letting Winnipeg carry the puck in. They seem to have learned their lesson, that they can generally play an effective high pace game, but are best off not trading chances with Winnipeg. Games 4 and 6 were impressive displays of clamping down with a lead. The first goal seems huge tomorrow.

Last edited:

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I’m a sucker for counterfactuals, so bear with me on this one. What if Nashville blasting us 4-0 the day before the deadline was what kept Nashville out of the Western Conference Final?

As bad a streak as we were on, I think it is safe to say that we were reluctant sellers on Stastny. Winnipeg had to make it worth our while to trade in division for sure, and we were supposedly trying to immediately flip that 1st for a player with a little more term. That embarrassing defeat might have been the nudge that brought us to the table, and pushed Winnipeg just a little ahead of the team that delivered that cold defeat to us.

Reactions: Blueston

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
I felt that once we blew the 3-0 lead on Feb 13 in Nashville the season was done. The team looked broken after they blew that lead. It was a downhill slide from there until we traded Paul.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I felt that once we blew the 3-0 lead on Feb 13 in Nashville the season was done. The team looked broken after they blew that lead. It was a downhill slide from there until we traded Paul.
Bingo

I felt the same way about that game. Mental toughness went out the window for the season during that game.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I mean, the team generally looked like crap for the better part of three months. Maybe even longer. I honestly started blocking it out after awhile.

I just get the feeling that the last handful of games before the deadline were the ultimate tipping point for Armstrong, especially based on some of his comments at the time, though the rumors that he was trying to flip the pick in a deal for another player kind of undermines that a bit.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Really happy for Stas....but he might never come back.
He'll give so called 'home town' discount to stay at Jets if they don't win it. Ofc if he wins Stanley Cup he might take different view of point. I highly doubt Stastny will come back to Blues, Laine and Ehlers, you can't ask for better wingers.

Does this guy looks like he doesn't enjoy playing on Jets? He's totally different guy in these interviews compare what he was in Blues.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
Stastny has been very good, and it is fun to watch him win. I hope for his sake that he does not return to the Blues. Blues have never had a team as good as the Jets currently are IMHO.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Stastny could be a 70+ point player were he to be resigned there. I'm not sure it can happen with their cap situation, but he compliments that team well. He is a puck distributor with a knack for getting it to a guy in scoring position. He did not produce at that level because we don't currently have many guys who can finish. He's going to be one of the top centers on the market. No way he makes it back here, especially after his performance so far in the playoffs. Some team is going to give him a Backes deal.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I like Paul, but his nickname is Casper for a reason.

His career playoff scoring pace would put him at 60 points over an 82 game season (compared to his career regular season pace of 64 points). He has seen an uptick in playoff production over his regular season production in 2 of the last 3 years and 3 of the last 5 years. Doesn't seem to me like that nickname is deserved and I certainly don't see a lot of people who actually call him that.

Reactions: Itsnotatrap
Nov 24, 2006
Blues fans, it looks like you made the playoffs after all...

Still, no development has been bigger for the Jets than goaltender Connor Hellebuyck sustaining his exceptional regular-season play. Hellebuyck, a Vezina finalist, stopped 92.4 per cent of the shots he faced in 67 games this regular season. Against two quality playoff opponents in St. Louis and Nashville, Hellebuyck bested that number. Stick a quality goaltender in front of the NHL’s second-best offence and you have a truly terrifying roster.

https://www.tsn.ca/talent/an-analytical-preview-of-the-conference-finals-1.1082749

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Blues fans, it looks like you made the playoffs after all...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Brian39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad