“They’ll blow it in the playoffs. “ Edmonton Oilers 2 vs LA Kings 3. Part Twa!!!!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree mostly but with ‘burying’ Spence… who do you move down the lineup Roy or Doughty? Me, I’d have traded Roy for various reasons but given the current roster where else does he fit in the lineup? Then next season he possibly ends up behind Clarke.

Oh f*** yeah, I was working on almost exactly this as a budget playoff avatar anyway

I'll use it as a component of one, but prob won't get to it till right before gametime, stay tuned

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
some of you need to remember 1982.... you guys have the same type of team

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
i have laughed at the athletic since shortly after it started but their prediction for the kings oilers series takes the cake: "la kings 0% chance to win".
i mean, i dont think the kings will win this series. but to give us 0% chance? these people really are the lowest effort idiots in sports journalisim. we certainly have some chance to win and im going with johnjm's prediction of a around 20%. even as cynical as i am, we certainly have a chance.
Yeah, especially because the Kings came pretty close in each of the last two series.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
i have laughed at the athletic since shortly after it started but their prediction for the kings oilers series takes the cake: "la kings 0% chance to win".
i mean, i dont think the kings will win this series. but to give us 0% chance? these people really are the lowest effort idiots in sports journalisim. we certainly have some chance to win and im going with johnjm's prediction of a around 20%. even as cynical as i am, we certainly have a chance.
Agreed. The Oilers aren't infallible and the Kings aren't hopeless. I'm not expecting much from LA, but it's certainly possible.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
i wasn't even a twinkle in my dad's eye, man
Talbot's wife still hates the oilers (us fan love her--she is the prefect hockey wife)--She will "motivate" Talbot to stand on his head for the series. I am in shocked vegas lost that last game.. They could have taken the oilers easily. Looks like stone and others are back for game one.. You guys got a lot of young hungry players that will push the oilers hard. Originally I had the oilers in 5--now I am saying 7 with last goal wins

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Grundstom recalled from his conditioning loan the timing of which I presume means his activation is imminent. Dell also recalled. Is that 4th one? Does it now mean Clarke only gets called up as an emergency due to injury? I’ve lost track of the recall situation at this point. If I’m right on Clarke that feels very shortsighted unless they themselves have low expectations and think he’s better off in the Calder Cup.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I don’t think we’ll win but I’m not actively rooting for them to lose even if it means Blake is shit canned. I despise Edmonton (and Vancouver). I will die a happy man if I never see McDavid win a cup.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don’t think we’ll win but I’m not actively rooting for them to lose even if it means Blake is shit canned. I despise Edmonton (and Vancouver). I will die a happy man if I never see McDavid win a cup.
No one is actively rooting for the Kings to lose on here. We’re just fully expecting it to happen and there’s a silver lining to it.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
If PLD wants to win me back all he has to do is flatten Draisaitl after his first douchebag move.

This guy is 6’4 225 pounds and plays with a purse so it probably won’t happen. Instead I will be forced to watch Lizzo bounce off him 16 times a game and fall on his ass.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
On a recent episode of 32 Thoughts, they made a mention of Dubois being penciled into the 4th line. Pretty embarrassing.

The way Lizotte plays isn't sustainable with higher minutes. He'll wreck himself.

For the Kings to have any chance at all they've got to have 4 quality lines. And this will be completely contingent on PLD.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I can’t imagine worse line combinations than this, and I imagine a lot of line combinations
Wouldnt worry about it too much. Hiller will change it around every 2 minutes if it doesnt work.
And it will all be moot when he reverts to leaning solely on Kopitar Danault and Doughty.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
even after LA signs him as a FA?

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Sup boys and gals

I’m on the kings train against the oilers so will be rooting for you guys to make it to round 2

Always have a soft spot for the kings myself as I’m sure some of you may recall from many years bandwagoning past…including your cup years… I personally feel LA has better depth vs Oilers but that’s just my opinion

Re PLD… I think Dubois will show up for the playoffs…historically he’s done better the bigger the stage. He was hot and cold vs Vegas last year and was a no show when they eliminated the Jets but his first game vs Vegas…he dominated his shifts

I’m surprised you guys are still down on him…he’s had some solid stats last few games I thought?

I can’t imagine worse line combinations than this, and I imagine a lot of line combinations

That center depth is pretty solid…

How would you guys do the lines? Look good to me (again - I’m an outside here :laugh:)

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Sup boys and gals

I’m on the kings train against the oilers so will be rooting for you guys to make it to round 2

Always have a soft spot for the kings myself as I’m sure some of you may recall from many years bandwagoning past…including your cup years… I personally feel LA has better depth vs Oilers but that’s just my opinion

Re PLD… I think Dubois will show up for the playoffs…historically he’s done better the bigger the stage. He was hot and cold vs Vegas last year and was a no show when they eliminated the Jets but his first game vs Vegas…he dominated his shifts

I’m surprised you guys are still down on him…he’s had some solid stats last few games I thought?
Welcome!

Most if us consider the team a late 1970's Ford Pinto and we are all waiting for it to explode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad